Which Religion is Correct?

The question implies that there is one true religion.

The right religion for a Catholic is Catholicism. For a Christian, Christianity. For a Muslim, Islam. For a Hindu, Hinduism. For a Buddhist, Buddhism.

Aren't we Americans fortunate to live in a country where we are free to practice whatever religion we choose. We are free to not have to practice any religion at all.

As nice and harmonious as that sounds, it's unfortunately, not true. The fact is either there is one true faith or none. Not all doctrines can be fact. Especially not when they contradict each other.

Take the Divinity of Christ. Either Jesus Christ is the Son of God, or He isn't. If he is then any religion that preaches contrary, is preaching a lie. And if He isn't, then Christianity is a lie. There isn't any middle ground. It's either true or it isn't.

It is incumbant on us to study and test the doctrines to find out if they are of God. Much of that comes from actually applying it in our lives. Because the only way to know is through prayer and application.

In that case, if there can only be one, true faith, it must be Buddhism. :eusa_pray:

I humbly disagree ;)

Judgemental, aren't we? A prude in liberal's clothing.

Or is it just "deviants" who toe the party line that liberals like?

you calling anyone judgmental is beyond ironic :lol:

look up deviant and get back to me, love. if the shoe fits...

save your liberal bullshit for someone it applies to.

have a nice day

I'm not the one hypocritically espousing "tolerance" while denigrating anyone who doesn't agree with me.

When I denigrate people, I'm acting completely in line with my professed beliefs. I don't pretend to be anything but what I am. Of course, unlike you, what I am is nothing I need to be ashamed of.

As for "someone it applies to", you fit the bill for "liberal", "bullshit", AND "liberal bullshit", so we're covered there.

of course you are. unfortunately, your professed beliefs are a load of crap.

:lol:

keep swinging, corky

Chtulhu worship is the only way to go.

If your religion doesn't involve eldrich beings from another dimension, human sacrifice or frequent bouts of insanity, it's for pansies

"Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

If your religion doesn't involve eldrich beings from another dimension, human sacrifice or frequent bouts of insanity, it's for pansies

My LIFE involves frequent bouts of insanity. Requiring my religion to would be redundant.

As for human sacrifice, the problem with it is you can never be sure WHICH human is going to be the sacrifice.

All the religions think THEY are the ones that are correct. I call BS. Soooo. Which one is THE correct religion? And, of course.... why?

My personal faith is the correct way to be as its not a religion ;)

I believe in a higher power that I call God and others call god, allah, jehova, the great father, the collective unconcious, yada yada yada.

I do not follow books written by men nor the religions that have spawned from them.

My LIFE involves frequent bouts of insanity. Requiring my religion to would be redundant.

As for human sacrifice, the problem with it is you can never be sure WHICH human is going to be the sacrifice.

Sure every now and then the worshippers and high priests end up being eaten by multi-tentacled monstrosities from beyond. But there are always risks in life. Life would be no fun without a little risk

Forum List

Back