Which Religion is Correct?

All the religions think THEY are the ones that are correct. I call BS. Soooo. Which one is THE correct religion? And, of course.... why?

I get it, everyone is wrong but you. What gives you such a special insight into the way the universe works? Did god come down to you in a vision, or was it a dream?

All the religions think THEY are the ones that are correct. I call BS. Soooo. Which one is THE correct religion? And, of course.... why?

I get it, everyone is wrong but you. What gives you such a special insight into the way the universe works? Did god come down to you in a vision, or was it a dream?

I don't think that's what the noodle is saying. But what can you expect from a noodle anyway?

The first god and religion would be the only correct one. Egyptian god RA claimed the title, first to say he was the one & true god of all creation, and ruler over all lesser gods. He gave you an afterlife as well without any idol go-betweens like the much later jesus.

I don't think that's what the noodle is saying. But what can you expect from a noodle anyway?

He called bullshit on every belief everyone else in the world has.

I just carried that to its logical conclusion and called bullshit on him.

The first god and religion would be the only correct one. Egyptian god RA claimed the title, first to say he was the one & true god of all creation, and ruler over all lesser gods. He gave you an afterlife as well without any idol go-betweens like the much later jesus.

He was not the first.

oh, i'm sorry.

i must have confused you with one of the other sexual deviants.

my apologies, bitch.

Judgemental, aren't we? A prude in liberal's clothing.

Or is it just "deviants" who toe the party line that liberals like?

you calling anyone judgmental is beyond ironic :lol:

look up deviant and get back to me, love. if the shoe fits...

save your liberal bullshit for someone it applies to.

have a nice day

I'm not the one hypocritically espousing "tolerance" while denigrating anyone who doesn't agree with me.

When I denigrate people, I'm acting completely in line with my professed beliefs. I don't pretend to be anything but what I am. Of course, unlike you, what I am is nothing I need to be ashamed of.

As for "someone it applies to", you fit the bill for "liberal", "bullshit", AND "liberal bullshit", so we're covered there.

The question implies that there is one true religion.

The right religion for a Catholic is Catholicism. For a Christian, Christianity. For a Muslim, Islam. For a Hindu, Hinduism. For a Buddhist, Buddhism.

Aren't we Americans fortunate to live in a country where we are free to practice whatever religion we choose. We are free to not have to practice any religion at all.

There is one true religion. It's the one whose teachings turn out to be totally true.

The catch, of course, is that none of us are going to know which one that was until we're dead (assuming, of course, that there's anything after death to know).

But it is very nice to live in a country where the rest of you poor bastards are free to be as wrong as you wish to be. :eusa_whistle:

I don't think truth is a "first come, first served" proposition.

The right religion for a Catholic is Catholicism. For a Christian, Christianity. For a Muslim, Islam. For a Hindu, Hinduism. For a Buddhist, Buddhism.

Aren't we Americans fortunate to live in a country where we are free to practice whatever religion we choose. We are free to not have to practice any religion at all.

As nice and harmonious as that sounds, it's unfortunately, not true. The fact is either there is one true faith or none. Not all doctrines can be fact. Especially not when they contradict each other.

Take the Divinity of Christ. Either Jesus Christ is the Son of God, or He isn't. If he is then any religion that preaches contrary, is preaching a lie. And if He isn't, then Christianity is a lie. There isn't any middle ground. It's either true or it isn't.

It is incumbant on us to study and test the doctrines to find out if they are of God. Much of that comes from actually applying it in our lives. Because the only way to know is through prayer and application.

As nice and harmonious as that sounds, it's unfortunately, not true. The fact is either there is one true faith or none. Not all doctrines can be fact. Especially not when they contradict each other.

Take the Divinity of Christ. Either Jesus Christ is the Son of God, or He isn't. If he is then any religion that preaches contrary, is preaching a lie. And if He isn't, then Christianity is a lie. There isn't any middle ground. It's either true or it isn't.

It is incumbant on us to study and test the doctrines to find out if they are of God. Much of that comes from actually applying it in our lives. Because the only way to know is through prayer and application.

In that case, if there can only be one, true faith, it must be Buddhism. :eusa_pray:

Since they are all man made, it's likely that none of them are true in reality. As far as them being true for the individual, I suppose anything can be subjectively true. The experiences of a schizophrenic are very real for that individual...

Since they are all man made, it's likely that none of them are true in reality. As far as them being true for the individual, I suppose anything can be subjectively true. The experiences of a schizophrenic are very real for that individual...

We could talk about "true reality". For example, we think the world is solid, but science shows it is mostly space with moving particles.

Hallucinations are real for schizophrenics. When we're dreaming, we think the dream is real, too. We have sensory experiences in the dream that we think are true, until we awaken.

Even after we realize we are dreaming, we still are struck by how real it seemed.

In Buddhism, the nature of mind is taught by analogy. We talk about the "waking reality" that disappears when we fall asleep and dream.

All of life, is this dream-like existence.

The Giant Noodle?

I guess for you it would be the flying spaghetti monster.

Well most of us Noodles are Born Again FSMers but Im a Agnostic Noodle. :eusa_angel:

Haha, that's cute. I really do respect the Agnostics as it's so honest. We don't know alot of things, so there's nothing wrong with saying, "I don't know".

Seriously, you really can ask Him yourself. Think of it this way, if there is a God, wouldn't he already know if you want to know Him and when you do seek Him, He'll show you which religion is correct?

I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord of all and the Bible is the written word from Him (written by man) but inspired by Him.

If you like, here is a website that answers alot of questions. Overall though, I would encourage you to ask HIM directly. And be ready for an answer : )

Why are there so many religions? Do all religions lead to God?

With all of the different religions, how can I know which one is correct?
With all of the different religions, how can I know which one is correct?

Is Jesus Christ the only way to Heaven?
Is Jesus the only way to Heaven?

Why is being a good person not enough to get you into heaven?
Why is being a good person not enough to get you into heaven?

What is the Romans Road to salvation?
What is the Romans Road to salvation?

What is the definition of a cult?
What is the definition of a cult?

Forum List

Back