Which is more important, freedom of religion or freedom of equality?

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
So, if equality and religion come head to head, which one should win?

We've had cases of bakers saying they shouldn't serve gay people because it goes against their religion, but what of the freedom of equality for those gay people?

Here's another case with a reverse twist.

Usually what you see is if the religion is Christianity then the people who are going for freedom of equality are considered to be wrong by a large section of Christians.
However this is Islam. Will those who defended Christianity now be defending Islam? (I doubt it).

Swiss boys' refusals to shake female teacher's hand prompt $5,000 fine

"
After two Syrian boys in Switzerland asked to be excused from shaking a female teacher's hand because they said it violated their faith, their canton announced Wednesday that families of children who refuse to participate in the tradition that starts and ends the school day will be fined.

The fine will be up to $5,000, the Swiss canton said in a statement Wednesday.

"The public interest with respect to equality between men and women and the integration of foreigners significantly outweigh the freedom of conscience (freedom of religion) of the students," reads a translation of the statement, according to The Washington Post. "This differs from the wearing of a headscarf or absence of swimming lessons…. [T]he social gesture of the handshake is important for the employability of students later in their professional lives.""

Cakes baked in America VS Hand shakes in Switzerland?
Americans decide American customs and laws. And the Swiss decide their own. How about you take your busy body nose OUT of their concerns?
IDIOT.

Religion is based on faith. It quite possibly may not even be real. Gay, trans and other people are people that deserve protections under the law and are very real. You ask me.

These depraved freaks will never force society to accept them, pass all the laws you want.

So, if equality and religion come head to head, which one should win? This is America, we shouldn't force our views on each other

We've had cases of bakers saying they shouldn't serve gay people because it goes against their religion, but what of the freedom of equality for those gay people? this is where leftist show their ignorance. It's not just religion, is also property rights. No shirt, shoes, no service. That property is open to the public, but it's still their private property.

Usually what you see is if the religion is Christianity then the people who are going for freedom of equality are considered to be wrong by a large section of Christians.
However this is Islam. Will those who defended Christianity now be defending Islam? (I doubt it). christians won't saw off your head and post it on youtube either, but facts are ignored by morons

Swiss boys' refusals to shake female teacher's hand prompt $5,000 fine good thing we don't live there

"
After two Syrian boys in Switzerland asked to be excused from shaking a female teacher's hand because they said it violated their faith, their canton announced Wednesday that families of children who refuse to participate in the tradition that starts and ends the school day will be fined.

"The public interest with respect to equality between men and women and the integration of foreigners significantly outweigh the freedom of conscience (freedom of religion) of the students," reads a translation of the statement, according to The Washington Post. "This differs from the wearing of a headscarf or absence of swimming lessons…. [T]he social gesture of the handshake is important for the employability of students later in their professional lives.""

leftist confuse equality with tyranny. They demand everyone accept everything everywhere.

I don't want you naked in my house, you better get dressed or get out.

Religion is based on faith. It quite possibly may not even be real. Gay, trans and other people are people that deserve protections under the law and are very real. You ask me.

These depraved freaks will never force society to accept them, pass all the laws you want.

Well, seeing as most people have accepted them, it would seem the depraved people are those who demand that others be treated badly simply for being born differently.

So, if equality and religion come head to head, which one should win? This is America, we shouldn't force our views on each other

We've had cases of bakers saying they shouldn't serve gay people because it goes against their religion, but what of the freedom of equality for those gay people? this is where leftist show their ignorance. It's not just religion, is also property rights. No shirt, shoes, no service. That property is open to the public, but it's still their private property.

However this is Islam. Will those who defended Christianity now be defending Islam? (I doubt it). christians won't saw off your head and post it on youtube either, but facts are ignored by morons

Swiss boys' refusals to shake female teacher's hand prompt $5,000 fine good thing we don't live there

"

leftist confuse equality with tyranny. They demand everyone accept everything everywhere.

In my current abode, you better bring a good guy with a machete(hope not!) Or accept no surrender.

"

In my current abode, you better bring a good guy with a machete(hope not!) Or accept no surrender.
so you have naked guys with machetes sitting around your house?

do they at least bring beer?

I think that this question as a whole has come from a misunderstanding. I'll go ahead and break it down to make it easier to address your points.

We've had cases of bakers saying they shouldn't serve gay people because it goes against their religion, but what of the freedom of equality for those gay people?
Firstly, any and all businesses are allowed to deny service to anyone for any reason. Most don't, as if they turn down service, that customer will go to their competitor. I see no problem here.

However this is Islam. Will those who defended Christianity now be defending Islam? (I doubt it).

Swiss boys' refusals to shake female teacher's hand prompt $5,000 fine

"

Christianity is often misunderstood. There is nothing in the Bible that tells you to treat certain people differently from others, in fact, it tells you to love your neighbor, and then tells you everyone is your neighbor. However, our freedoms allow us to treat other people however we like, so long as we are not harming them or their property. The way I often explain this to people is that we have a freedom to be a bad person, and if the government attempts to stop that, we are having our freedoms taken away, and at that point, they are deciding which of even the most mundane actions are right or wrong, and forcing us to act as they think we should.

This isn't equality here. People are allowed to choose not to shake the hands of others. This is another case of even the most mundane actions being dictated by the government, and that's taking power too far. It's stomping all over freedom, and a step towards treating citizens as property, as the Soviet Union had. There is no point at which this is okay, and no excuse for it. Furthermore, if you're favoring the woman having her hand shaken, rather than their right to refuse, you're favoring one person's rights over another, which by definition is not equality.

Last edited:
So, I'll do this Two Thumbs style.

Neither.

Neither should be forcing their views or preferences on one another. There needs to be some sort of mutual respect. However now, the law favors the marital equality of one set of people over the other's religious beliefs.

What's with the trap questions? Why were you more concerned with the "equality" of Christianity and not that of Islam? Homosexuals are treated far worse in Islam. Massacred. Too bad you're too busy condemning Christianity to care about the barbarism being perpetrated in Islam.

"

so you have naked guys with machetes sitting around your house?

do they at least bring beer?
Geez. I'm survivalist. Im in a "Fastness".

So, I'll do this Two Thumbs style.

Neither.

Neither should be forcing their views or preferences on one another. There needs to be some sort of mutual respect. However now, the law favors the marital equality of one set of people over the other's religious beliefs.

What's with the trap questions? Why were you more concerned with the "equality" of Christianity and not that of Islam? Homosexuals are treated far worse in Islam. Massacred. Too bad you're too busy condemning Christianity to care about the barbarism being perpetrated in Islam.
Hard to copy awesome, but that was a solid effort.

On the awesome scale of 1-10 you score a 4.3.

a 1 being Dark Fury and an 11 being me.

Forum List

Back