Which countries do you wish a leading role in Europe?

Which countries do you wish a leading role in Europe?

• the UK

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • France

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Italy

• Spain

• Sweden

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Germany

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Hungary

• Poland

• Ukraine

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Ireland

• none

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Sorry. But I know only one US-American who speaks German well - and she lives since 32 years in Berlin. I doubt you are able to learn another German dialect except English in only 10 years. The main problem: We have strict rules - and 50% exceptions from this rules.

Germans speak great English. And they want to speak it.

Forget Schiller. :rolleyes:

The historical context is eastern European countries, formerly held captive by Russia for 45 years, clamoring to join NATO to defend themselves against the Russian empire. Since there is no imminent threat of Russia being attacked, there is no legitimate case for self-defense.
This isn't about the former USSR - the greatly territorial reduced country is called the Russian Federation since 1990 and it is a democratic country - even if Putin is an autocratic person. And it isn't an Empire - neither is the USA, it's simply a single huge country.

The Russian Federation until today is militarily a nobody (aside from it's nukes) compared to e.g. NATO, the USA, China or even Germany

Planed Defense Budget figures from 2022 (have partially increased due to the Ukraine/Russian war)

US Defense Budget - US$ 750 Billion
NATO European Defense Budget, incl. Canada - US$ 380 Billion
China Defense Budget - US$ 250 Billion
German Defense Budget - US$ 55 Billion
UK Defense Budget - US$ 67 Billion

Russian Federation - US$ 65 Billion - now look at the territorial size of Russia and it's unstable neighbors, compared with Germany or the UK

NATO and the USA together around US$ 1,1 Trillion and Russia US$ 65 Billion - and then mindless people like you coming up with bullshit propaganda that former Warsaw-Pact states need to defend themselves against the Russian Federation.

You are not just a liar - but a dumb liar and ignorant towards facts.

Last edited:
... Russian Federation - US$ 65 Billion - now look at the territorial size of Russia and it's unstable neighbors, compared with Germany. ...

Russia is currently the most unstable neighbor of Germany, Russian. Imagine: You Russian nuclear superidiots started more than a year ago a totally stupid, senseless and criminal war on Europe in the Ukraine. And you are too proud to end this war by leaving the Ukraine with all of your soldiers. So: Quo vadis, Rossia?

255px-F%C3%ADbula_aquiliforme_%28M.A.N._Madrid%29_01.jpg

de-steinadler-GettyImages.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Russia is currently the most unstable neighbor of Germany, Russian. Imagine: You Russian nuclear superidiots started more than a year ago a totally stupid, senseless and criminal war on Europe in the Ukraine. And you are too proud to end this war by leaving the Ukraine with all of your soldiers. So: Quo vadis, Rossia?

255px-F%C3%ADbula_aquiliforme_%28M.A.N._Madrid%29_01.jpg

de-steinadler-GettyImages.jpg

Here is your Maidan outcome:

Would you also support it in Germany?

Here is your Maidan outcome:

Would you also support it in Germany?

I am Germany - you are an un-German and anti-German Nazi who supports Putins slavery and his war. So what for heavens sake do you like to tell me, future black hole spaghetti?

This isn't about the former USSR - the greatly territorial reduced country is called the Russian Federation since 1990 and it is a democratic country - even if Putin is an autocratic person. And it isn't an Empire - neither is the USA, it's simply a single huge country.

The Russian Federation until today is militarily a nobody (aside from it's nukes) compared to e.g. NATO, the USA, China or even Germany

Planed Defense Budget figures from 2022 (have partially increased due to the Ukraine/Russian war)

US Defense Budget - US$ 750 Billion
NATO European Defense Budget, incl. Canada - US$ 380 Billion
China Defense Budget - US$ 250 Billion
German Defense Budget - US$ 55 Billion
UK Defense Budget - US$ 67 Billion

Russian Federation - US$ 65 Billion - now look at the territorial size of Russia and it's unstable neighbors, compared with Germany or the UK

NATO and the USA together around US$ 1,1 Trillion and Russia US$ 65 Billion - and then mindless people like you coming up with bullshit propaganda that former Warsaw-Pact states need to defend themselves against the Russian Federation.

You are not just a liar - but a dumb liar and ignorant towards facts.
A particularly stupid post even for you. You cannot have democracy in a place without free speech, without free press and where it is illegal to contradict or criticize the government.

Imperialism has been a core value of Russian culture for at least hundreds of years regardless of whether under the Czars, the communists or under Putin's Orwellian nightmare. For all your babbling about the relative strengths of Russia and the civilized world, this is very much the situation Russia was in in the 1930's when Stalin confiscated Ukrainian grain to starve 3.9 million Ukrainians to death to have the money to modernize the Red Army, which he then used, not to defend Russia, but for an imperialist invasion of Poland, and at the end of the war, Russia captured and held captive nearly all of eastern Europe for 45 years, and this is what the former soviet states were thinking about when they clamored to join NATO and we all know this is what Putin is thinking about when he complains about NATO.

You are such a committed supporter of Russian imperialism that you claim only I said these eastern European nationss needed protection from Russia, completely ignoring the fact that they said they needed it by petitioning to join NATO.

• Winner
Reactions: xyz
A particularly stupid post even for you. You cannot have democracy in a place without free speech, without free press and where it is illegal to contradict or criticize the government.

Imperialism has been a core value of Russian culture for at least hundreds of years regardless of whether under the Czars, the communists or under Putin's Orwellian nightmare. For all your babbling about the relative strengths of Russia and the civilized world, this is very much the situation Russia was in in the 1930's when Stalin confiscated Ukrainian grain to starve 3.9 million Ukrainians to death to have the money to modernize the Red Army, which he then used, not to defend Russia, but for an imperialist invasion of Poland, and at the end of the war, Russia captured and held captive nearly all of eastern Europe for 45 years, and this is what the former soviet states were thinking about when they clamored to join NATO and we all know this is what Putin is thinking about when he complains about NATO.

You are such a committed supporter of Russian imperialism that you claim only I said these eastern European nationss needed protection from Russia, completely ignoring the fact that they said they needed it by petitioning to join NATO.
You are not just a liar - but a dumb liar and ignorant towards facts. Constant babbling about the USSR - shows your brainwashed attitude and proves that you are unable to think for yourself. You are simply a Western MSM parrot.

What do you think is your voice against the millions of voices of the people of my community of destiny? One day you will have to answer god, criminal Nazi. Then you will have to have a much better "argument".

They were full of curiosity, they were full of life,
The children, and they were forty-four in number.
They were just like you, they were like all children.
In the house in Izieu high above the Rhône valley.
Rounded up on the run from the Germans,
And behind every name is bitter suffering,
All left alone in the world,
Leaning against each other in this murderous time.
In the year forty-four, the time of the industrious henchmen,
The spies and henchmen ordered to hunt people,
No one will look for them here, up in the mountains,
The children of Izieu, here at the end of the world.

Joseph, who can paint: landscapes with horses,
Thèodore, who brings food to the chickens and cows,
Liliane, who writes so beautifully, she will become a poet one day,
Little Raoul, who sings all day long.
And Elie, Sami, Max and Sarah, as they are all called:
Each has his talent, his gift, his part.
Each one is a gift, and none will be snatched away,
Each one in his own way.
But there has long hovered over every game an evil foreboding,
The fear of discovery over each new day,
And behind every laugh already sounds the dark admonition,
That every car that comes may bring doom.

On the morning of Maundy Thursday they came,
Soldiers in long coats and men in civilian clothes.
A sunny day, they took everyone, everyone,
Piled onto trucks and they named no destination.
Some, in desperation, began to sing,
Some prayed, others remained silent.
Some have cried and all, all went
The same way to their martyrdom.
The chronicle shows exactly the lists of names,
The number of the wagon and to which train it was attached.
The number of the transport with which they came to the camp,
The chronicle shows that none of them escaped the murderers.

Today I hear that we are supposed to add this to history,
And there must be an end, at last, after all these years.
I'll talk and I'll sing and if I have to, I'll scream,
So that our children will know who they were:
The oldest was seventeen, the youngest just four years old,
Led from the ramp in Birkenau to the gas chambers.
I will see them all my life and keep their names
Their names engraved in my soul,
They were just like you, they were just like all the children
In the house in Izieu high above the Rhône valley

Reinhard Mey

What do you think is your voice against the millions of voices of the people of my community of destiny? One day you will have to answer god, criminal Nazi. Then you will have to have a much better "argument".

They were just like you, they were like all children.
In the house in Izieu high above the Rhône valley.
Rounded up on the run from the Germans,
And behind every name is bitter suffering,
All left alone in the world,
Leaning against each other in this murderous time.
In the year forty-four, the time of the industrious henchmen,
The spies and henchmen ordered to hunt people,
No one will look for them here, up in the mountains,
The children of Izieu, here at the end of the world.

Joseph, who can paint: landscapes with horses,
Thèodore, who brings food to the chickens and cows,
Liliane, who writes so beautifully, she will become a poet one day,
Little Raoul, who sings all day long.
And Elie, Sami, Max and Sarah, as they are all called:
Each has his talent, his gift, his part.
Each one is a gift, and none will be snatched away,
Each one in his own way.
But there has long hovered over every game an evil foreboding,
The fear of discovery over each new day,
And behind every laugh already sounds the dark admonition,
That every car that comes may bring doom.

On the morning of Maundy Thursday they came,
Soldiers in long coats and men in civilian clothes.
A sunny day, they took everyone, everyone,
Piled onto trucks and they named no destination.
Some, in desperation, began to sing,
Some prayed, others remained silent.
Some have cried and all, all went
The same way to their martyrdom.
The chronicle shows exactly the lists of names,
The number of the wagon and to which train it was attached.
The number of the transport with which they came to the camp,
The chronicle shows that none of them escaped the murderers.

Today I hear that we are supposed to add this to history,
And there must be an end, at last, after all these years.
I'll talk and I'll sing and if I have to, I'll scream,
So that our children will know who they were:
The oldest was seventeen, the youngest just four years old,
Led from the ramp in Birkenau to the gas chambers.
I will see them all my life and keep their names
Their names engraved in my soul,
They were just like you, they were just like all the children
In the house in Izieu high above the Rhône valley

Reinhard Mey

You can´t even answer my simple question, hypocrite.

You can´t even answer my simple question, hypocrite.

You wasted years to show to me that you are really a Nazi, Nazi. And since I take serios that you are a Nazi, Nazi, you still try to speak with me? Are you totally mad? ¿1,000,000% mad?, defender of the criminal war in the Ukraine made from the absurde tyrant Putin?

Last edited:
You wasted years to sahow to me that you are really a Nazi, Nazi. And since I take serios that you are a Nazi, Nazi, you still try to speak with me? Are you totally mad? 1,000,000% mad, defender of the criminal war in teh Ukraine of the absurde tyrant Putin?
You don´t need to be here at USMB. You can go to the frontlines, instead.

Forum List

Back