Where's John Boehner????

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010

"Any comprehensive solution that sets the nation on a path toward fiscal health will mean that at least some of us pay higher taxes. I wish Boehner luck in explaining this fact of life to his Tea Party freshmen. He'll have a hard enough time even persuading them to keep the government solvent by voting to increase the debt ceiling, which will soon be necessary.

Of course, Boehner will be able to win Democratic votes for legislation that absolutely, positively has to pass. But if I know Pelosi, who will be minority leader, she'll exact concessions.

Republicans face what, for them, is an unpleasant but inescapable reality. Ideologically, most Americans describe themselves as moderate or conservative; but when it comes to getting assistance from the government, most Americans are moderate or liberal. Look at health care, the issue that won the election for the GOP. According to polls, voters clearly favor the benefits that Obama's reforms will provide. All they really oppose is the insurance mandate that makes those benefits possible.

The idea of small, limited government may be appealing, but this is a big, complicated country. As some Republicans already know, and others soon will learn."

And another idiotic cut and paste from our resident troll... trying to assert that unequal treatment by government is a necessity when it suits the likes of him and his ilk... yet equal treatment by government is loudly called for when it suits the like of him and his ilk...

Go play in traffic, troll.. preferably a 10 lane highway in the middle of the night while wearing dark clothing

We need to start eliminating government programs and fire 10% of the federal workforce.

If the US has 10% unemployment so should the federal government

And another idiotic cut and paste from our resident troll... trying to assert that unequal treatment by government is a necessity when it suits the likes of him and his ilk... yet equal treatment by government is loudly called for when it suits the like of him and his ilk...

Go play in traffic, troll.. preferably a 10 lane highway in the middle of the night while wearing dark clothing

He's a troll. Why feed trolls?

Small government?

Great idea

End all this empire building we've involved with and its possible.

First thing we could cut would be about half the homeland security boomdoggle and the bloated military budget

That'd give us an instant budget balance.

Of course a whole lot of military personnel and other government clones will be looking for jobs and failing to find them.

Welcome to our civilian economy boys.

Last edited:
Small government?

Great idea

First thing we could cut would be about half the homeland security boomdoggle and the bloated military budget

Of course a whole lot of military personnel and other government clones will be looking for jobs and failing to find them.

tsk tsk Editec, you know government spending does not create jobs.

Small government?

Great idea

Cut security?? Nah... streamline maybe....
Look at payments in the military budget for payment to those who don't deliver, over-expenditures, etc?? Yep... all for it...

But START with eliminating things the government has no business being in in the first place... like personal and business entitlements... then and only then will you begin to make real progress

Of course... entitlement junkies will have to actually start working, offering services to the marketplace instead of just being societal leeches

"Any comprehensive solution that sets the nation on a path toward fiscal health will mean that at least some of us pay higher taxes. I wish Boehner luck in explaining this fact of life to his Tea Party freshmen. He'll have a hard enough time even persuading them to keep the government solvent by voting to increase the debt ceiling, which will soon be necessary.

Of course, Boehner will be able to win Democratic votes for legislation that absolutely, positively has to pass. But if I know Pelosi, who will be minority leader, she'll exact concessions.

Republicans face what, for them, is an unpleasant but inescapable reality. Ideologically, most Americans describe themselves as moderate or conservative; but when it comes to getting assistance from the government, most Americans are moderate or liberal. Look at health care, the issue that won the election for the GOP. According to polls, voters clearly favor the benefits that Obama's reforms will provide. All they really oppose is the insurance mandate that makes those benefits possible.

The idea of small, limited government may be appealing, but this is a big, complicated country. As some Republicans already know, and others soon will learn."

If he was up your ass you would know.

Cut off all Military field contractors like Blackwater KBR, etc.
Quite a few of those are already drawing military retirement.

With all the activity in there, animal mineral and vegetable... I doubt he would

Maybe shrinking government to the size it can be drowned in a bathtub is not such a good idea. Maybe that and structuring a tax code which may further shrink the middle class and lead us further into a nation of haves and have-nots is not a good idea. Maybe FDR had it right, maybe Milton Friedman and Reagan had it wrong - government does have a purpose. Maybe If only to prevent us becoming a plutocracy and preserving our democratic ideals.
Of course to even consider such heresy, a conservative would need to evaluate some of the tenets of conservative thought, something I've never (and I mean never) seen the usual suspects consider.

No....it's more about Boner having a Lobbyi$t Chief-Of-Staff snappin' Boner's reins.

:rolleyes:

Small government?

Great idea

.....Just like the end o' the Nixon-years.....​

Small government?

Great idea

tsk tsk Editec, you know government spending does not create jobs.
....And, that the President CAN'T create jobs....at least....that's what "conservatives" insisted, about Lil' Dumbya.

(I guess things were different, back then. :rolleyes: )​

Small government?

Great idea

Cut security?? Nah... streamline maybe....
Look at payments in the military budget for payment to those who don't deliver, over-expenditures, etc?? Yep... all for it...

But START with eliminating things the government has no business being in in the first place... like personal and business entitlements...
You mean mean$-te$ting Social Security???????

:eusa_eh:

Gee.....Lonestar-humor.

How creative......

:rolleyes:

Try this one:

Three Texas surgeons were arguing about who had the greatest skill.

The first began, "Three years ago, I reattached three fingers on a pianist. He went on to give a recital for the Queen of England."

The second replied, "That's nothing. I attended a man in a car accident. All his arms and legs were severed from his body. Two years after I reattached them, he won three gold medals for field events in the Olympics."

The third said, "A few years back, I attended to a cowboy. He was high on pot and alcohol when he rode his horse head-on into a freight train traveling at 100 miles per hour. All I had to work with was the horse's ass and a ten gallon hat. Ten years ago he became President of the United States."

544.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back