Where’s Joe?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by rdean, Feb 4, 2010.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,974
    Republicans go on and on about how our “health care” is just “fine”. Every time there are “free clinics”, thousands get treated, for many, the first time ever.

Democrats can’t pass a bill because several are actually “Republicans”. If it smells like stool, feels like stool and tastes like stool, “it’s stool”. They may wear the label “Democrat, but they are Republican. At least Leiberman doesn’t hide his contempt for Middle Class America.

I heard that many in Joe’s district was asking, “Where’s Joe”? at the free clinic. But don’t worry, he didn’t show up.

You know if we followed the Republican duel plan of “die quickly” and “don’t feed ’em and they won’t breed”, we wouldn’t need these free health clinics.

====================

The Day - Free clinic underscores need for health care fix | News from southeastern Connecticut

In fact, he said, he hasn't had medical care in four years, the last time he had a job with good, affordable insurance.
    On Wednesday, though, Lordero made the 100-plus-mile round-trip drive to the state capital on the same day as the start of the 2010 legislative session to take advantage of a one-day, free health care clinic run by the National Association of Free Clinics based in Alexandria, Va.

Free Health Care Clinic in Hartford Attracts Over 1,000 | Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network

"I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. And I cannot afford my medications. I bring $200 a week for unemployment and they tell me I make too much money. They will not give me no type of medical help. "
    Wiggins says he showed up at the Free Clinic to find out a way to get affordable prescriptions because he's ineligible for state assistance.

Free Health Clinic Comes to the Insurance Capitol of the World GroundUp CT

It is amazing that Connecticut, known for being the “insurance” state, has 356,000 citizens who are uninsured and 154,000 citizens who have nongroup insurance. [US HHS]. Thanks to the efforts of Keith Olbermann (MSNBC Countdown with Keith Olbermann), and the National Association of Free Clinics and its partners, Connecticut is among those states that will have a day of free health care

2. Dorkazoid_Jones

Dorkazoid_Jones Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    "Republicans go on and on about how our “health care” is just “fine”. "

Excuse me rocket scientist, where do repubs say everything is Shangra La?? Do you believe in capitalism? If so, then how can the government provide better solutions to health care?? Let's fix the problems with health care in a sensible fashion, not bring the bloated nonfunctional government into it. You're like the guy who sees a car accident and then wants to outlaw cars and retrofit a rowboat to traverse the beltway...

3. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,300
    America has lost its soul and its heart in a crazed worship of self interest. Mention costs or additional taxes and the American writhes horribly as they hold tight to their purse or wallet.

Anthem Blue Cross Raises Premiums | CommonDreams.org

"Anthem Blue Cross customers got a shock this week when the health insurer informed thousands of individual policyholders that their premium rates will jump as much as 39 percent on March 1.

"There aren't any other parts of our society where people have no regard for inflation rate and increase their prices this much. I can't imagine anything in the world that's going up 39 percent," said Josh Libresco, 54, of San Rafael, as he grappled with the news that his family premium will go from $858 per month to $1,192 - and that's with a $5,000 deductible."

4. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    OMG, Amercia has lost it soul.:cuckoo:

Because people don't want to be slaves to the Federal Government, we have lost our souls.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  5. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,988
    Free clinic day is every day in the US. What is immoral, unethical and should be an impeachable offense is that Obama and his bots try to convince poor people who need health care that it is not available to them and won't be unless some kind of health insurance legislation that bears the Dem imprint passes. Like about 99% of the arguments used to slip this health insurance legislation through, it is a lie. There are federally funded sliding scale clinics everywhere in the US now that provide comprehensive medical and dental care regardless of your wealth, income or insurance status.

HRSA - Find a Health Center - Search Page

6. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,123
    Liar.

7. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100
    I'll ditto that, Zoom. But, it is rdean making that statement, and we already knew he was a liar. Just what did you expect? :lol:

8. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,650
    i wonder why Midcant did not talk about who could have prevented this but voted it down....
    The most recent effort to require state regulators to approve health insurance rate increases, a bill by Assemblyman Dave Jones, D-Sacramento, failed to pass the Assembly Health Committee in April.......these are his fellow Leftists here.....i guess they dont care to much about how much these Companies are fucking people....

9. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,123
    :eusa_doh: My bad. I pulled my back and am not thinking clearly.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    The fact that you know what stool tastes like explains many of your posts.

First, stop eating stool, it appears to be causing brain damage.

Second, if you must eat stool, attempt to keep it down in lieu of regurgitating it here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2