Where Would You Most Like To Have A Vacation Home

Call me crazy but Northern Michigan, Sault Ste Marie, Lake Superior.

It's very beautiful up there.

I once visited there in a June/July, by Ironwood. I felt like a menu item. :eek: Thank God for the dragon flies. :lol:

Now they have those clip on things you can wear. You don't even have to spray yourself down before you go out. :)

I have distant memories (My Odyssey years) of four adventurers hopping freights from Missoula to Spokane, to Minneapolis/St.Paul, landing near a White Castle Restaurant in the middle of the night, we followed the beacon. After a few days of partying and hanging out we went north, and then east to the upper peninsula to help set up a Rainbow Gathering (Don't even ask :lol: ), there was no inside!!!!! Seeing Glacier Park was unforgettable. Made some good friends in Michigan. :):):)

It used to be Rio before they went bat-shit crazy down there.
Now I dream of Madrid

Been to Rota and Barcelonna. (I love the Navy)....Spain is a beautiful place. I like how they really really like to keep certain parts Old School.
Never made a Med cruise.....
The French countryside is beautiful as long as ya stay out of the bigger cities and away from the assholes

I once visited there in a June/July, by Ironwood. I felt like a menu item. :eek: Thank God for the dragon flies. :lol:

Now they have those clip on things you can wear. You don't even have to spray yourself down before you go out. :)

I have distant memories (My Odyssey years) of four adventurers hopping freights from Missoula to Spokane, to Minneapolis/St.Paul, landing near a White Castle Restaurant in the middle of the night, we followed the beacon. After a few days of partying and hanging out we went north, and then east to the upper peninsula to help set up a Rainbow Gathering (Don't even ask :lol: ), there was no inside!!!!! Seeing Glacier Park was unforgettable. Made some good friends in Michigan. :):):)

Yeah, that would be bad. You sound like a hippy, yes there are a few around here.

Yeah, that would be bad. You sound like a hippy, yes there are a few around here.

Call it a phase. ;) I find them too judgmental. :lol:

Call it a phase. ;) I find them too judgmental. :lol:

That was your 'my life has meaning' phase? I'm in my 'live life in the present' phase, iow, getting older.. :)

My, my such world travelers you guys are. I'd pick Savannah in the winter and Prince Edward Island, Canada in the summer.
I love Savannah. Grew up there.
The smell of the paper and sugar mills kinda ruins it, though.
Beautiful city, for sure

Love that Moon River beer.
Been so long since I was there.
Thinking of vacationing there ina couple weeks,, though.
Is it a local micro-brew?

Hawaii would be close and I *heart* it there, while Europe is a tad edgy these days, and would take longer to access Portofino, Italy, so I am going with HI. Kauai! :eusa_dance:

Where would you like your *free* vacation home with year round maintenance included, complete with houseboys and maidens for your every whim, should you wish. :)

West Texas would be nice.

I've a few places.

1. The Apostle Islands, Wisconsin. Densest collection of lighthouses in the world, tons of boat nerd history on the most majestic lake in the world. If not there, I'm with Sarah G on this, and put me next to the busiest ditch in the world just west of Sault Ste. Marie or Keewenaw Peninsula surrounded by the Queen of the Lakes.

2. Door County, WI, near Gills Rock or Sister Bay. Surrounded by Lake Michigan and an awesome Cape Cod like setting. If it weren't for the FIBs, it'd be idyllic.

3. Lake Chelan, WA near Spokane. The mountains and the water there is magical.

4. Astoria, Oregon or Washington Coast. The Goonies picked a great place to shoot the film I've wanted to go there ever since

If I had to take a summer home... hmmmmm.... I like winter too much. I dunno where I'd go.

Last edited:
Hawaii sounds good. I live in the north so Hawaii sounds good. My brother lives in Volcano, he's not a draw, but there are other islands. Since it's cold here, a warm place makes sense.

I've been to Hawaii. I wouldn't want to live there, but for an all expenses paid vacation home, it's perfect for someone from a Northern climate, especially flying out of a West Coast locale.

It used to be Rio before they went bat-shit crazy down there.
Now I dream of Madrid

Been to Rota and Barcelonna. (I love the Navy)....Spain is a beautiful place. I like how they really really like to keep certain parts Old School.
Never made a Med cruise.....
The French countryside is beautiful as long as ya stay out of the bigger cities and away from the assholes

I didn't float, I flew...at the time, C-9's and on that side of the world most of the time, the destination was Signally Sicily, but we Ron'd a lot and did a lot of quick missions.

Last edited:
Hawaii sounds good. I live in the north so Hawaii sounds good. My brother lives in Volcano, he's not a draw, but there are other islands. Since it's cold here, a warm place makes sense.

111 here in Arizona today....118 on my temp indicator in my car on the highway.

You like it warm, welcome to Arizona: Its hate, but its a dry hate. :doubt:

Oh and my dream vacation home would be Fiji, the Virgin Islands, Baliz, dominican republic or Iztapa. I would like my own private security detail though.

Last edited:
I'm in the north too, someplace warm for a winter spot wouldn't be a bad thing. Parts of Arizona and New Mexico are beautiful, I love the desert.

And I'm thinking Nova Scotia for a strictly summer house. It's a perfect place to relax.

There are too many great places. Are you sure we can only get one house?

Hawaii would be close and I *heart* it there, while Europe is a tad edgy these days, and would take longer to access Portofino, Italy, so I am going with HI. Kauai! :eusa_dance:

Where would you like your *free* vacation home with year round maintenance included, complete with houseboys and maidens for your every whim, should you wish. :)

West Texas would be nice.

Your joking... right?

Immie

I'm in the north too, someplace warm for a winter spot wouldn't be a bad thing. Parts of Arizona and New Mexico are beautiful, I love the desert.

And I'm thinking Nova Scotia for a strictly summer house. It's a perfect place to relax.

There are too many great places. Are you sure we can only get one house?

Well only if you want all the bells and whistles, and the house! Won't cost you a cent. But only one. I would also like one in New Zealand and someone earlier mentioned Switzerland. I would like that. But the choice was HI because of the close proximity and therefore I could go more often...:lol:

Forum List

Back