Where is that $2500/year savings on Med Inurance that Obama promised?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
That was some world class bullshit lies, wasn't it?

Premera in Washington state is approved to charge 19 percent more next year. Rates across California will go up an average of 13 percent. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas is asking to raise premiums a stunning 60 percent.

That sure doesn't sound like a $2500/year savings. When exactly does that happen?

You misunderstood. The $2500 a year savings is for the insurance companies, who don't need to hire as many sales representatives now. When the law requires you buy, the product pretty much sells itself.

You misunderstood. The $2500 a year savings is for the insurance companies, who don't need to hire as many sales representatives now. When the law requires you buy, the product pretty much sells itself.

When does this happen?

Premera in Washington state is approved to charge 19 percent more next year. Rates across California will go up an average of 13 percent. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas is asking to raise premiums a stunning 60 percent.

That sure doesn't sound like a $2500/year savings. When exactly does that happen?

$2500 was based on quick-and-dirty-math. HOWEVER, detractors of this claim rarely understand wtf they are talking about and make gross errors in their arguments.

1. Insurance cost IS NOT what Obama was talking about, he was talking about final cost which must include the subsidy, but also co-pays and other overall costs which are tough to comprehensively estimate.

slide11.png

On average, government does directly lower the price-tag of the premiums by 2500+ dollars, though that includes those that without subsidy wouldn't be able to get insurance at all.

2. Even in raw plan premium costs the comparison is NEVER against yesterdays prices, but rather an estimate of what prices would be given prior trend of growth.

Adler_Exhibit1.png

Obamacare Premiums Are Lower Than You Think

Last edited:
I no longer have a co-pay, nor do I pay for prescriptions. ( used to cost $1 for a 3 month refill)

But, that's thanks to Medicare and Tricare.

Not Obamacare

I no longer have a co-pay, nor do I pay for prescriptions. ( used to cost $1 for a 3 month refill)

But, that's thanks to Medicare and Tricare.

Not Obamacare

No Obamacare! I have government health insurance already so there is no reason for it!

$2500 was based on quick-and-dirty-math. HOWEVER, detractors of this claim rarely understand wtf they are talking about and make gross errors in their arguments.

1. Insurance cost IS NOT what Obama was talking about, he was talking about final cost which must include the subsidy, but also co-pays and other overall costs which are tough to comprehensively estimate.

slide11.png

On average, government does directly lower the price-tag of the premiums by 2500+ dollars, though that includes those that without subsidy wouldn't be able to get insurance at all.

2. Even in raw plan premium costs the comparison is NEVER against yesterdays prices, but rather an estimate of what prices would be given prior trend of growth.

Adler_Exhibit1.png

Obamacare Premiums Are Lower Than You Think

So what you are saying is that things are going exactly as Obama planned?

Really?

He didn't mention "quick and dirty math" in any of his speeches.

We screw over 310 million people so that 10 million people can have healthcare?

great plan.

Did he give us a deadline like he did for leaving Iraq?

I still don't know when the average family will save $2500 per year because of Obamacare.

Forum List

Back