~Where I Come From~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Sometimes, I'm not quite sure which category one of my topics should go under, so if I place it somewhere it's not supposed to be, please forgive me.

Anyway, I was curious as to how you feel about 'where you come from'??
It could be your family history in general, your background could be Scottish, Greek, Swedish, etc.
Or if we talk the United States of America way, are you proud to be living in the state you are in?? Proud to be born in the state you were born in??
No doubt we are all proud to be Americans, but I would like to further add, I love being a Tennessean :)
Love it to pieces. Altho I have lived in many states, this is the state I really love best.

My ancestry is Greek and German, and I'm proud about the parts I do know, regarding those countries. My Mother was proud of her Greek background. But I know some people who tell me they hate being from this place or that place.
Care to share anything??

I love where I live, but it's hard to live here. German/Irish/British/French heritage and lean towards Irish legends and myths for interest. Proud and happy and blessed to be born in the USA.

I love where I live, but it's hard to live here. German/Irish/British/French heritage and lean towards Irish legends and myths for interest. Proud and happy and blessed to be born in the USA.

Ohmigosh, I could only imagine!

I love it here where I live, small town, wide expanses of forests and lakes, and good people if you don't look too close. The US is also the greatest country on the planet, and I served proudly and would do so again if they changed the requirements. What saddens me is, I'm affraid that my country doesn't want me. Some of my neighbors (fellow citizens) push for legislation outlawing my freedoms, and restricting my actions and access. If I didn't know any better I would say they want to get rid of anyone making under 40k a year by making life so difficult that it would be easier to move to a different country.

Born in Tripler Army Hospital before Hawaii became a state. (I'm NOT a birther, but I do have my original birth certificate that has prints of my feet on it.)
Father-2nd generation Polish, whose ancestors were mercenaries for the Russian czars.
Mother-Oneida Indian tribal member whose father was French-Canadian whose family traces back to the War of 1812.
I avoid self-judgements.

I'm not particularly proud of my heritage. I am Italian (specifically Sicilian I think), I have Russian and German, and who knows what else.

I was born in NY, have lived in FL and now GA....I would probably say NY was the best, at least Long Island where I lived, but too expensive.

The one thing that I might say I'm proud of, although it's more I find humor in it, is that I was born in Amityville. Clearly, being born so close to that house had an effect! :lol:

I'm not particularly proud of my heritage. I am Italian (specifically Sicilian I think), I have Russian and German, and who knows what else.

I was born in NY, have lived in FL and now GA....I would probably say NY was the best, at least Long Island where I lived, but too expensive.

The one thing that I might say I'm proud of, although it's more I find humor in it, is that I was born in Amityville. Clearly, being born so close to that house had an effect! :lol:

You do have something in common with the White House......lotsa flies buzzin' around.

i live in Vermont, but not by birth

i've toured America extensively in the past, and settled here

America is a great country in terms of diverse geography alone

i live in Vermont, but not by birth

i've toured America extensively in the past, and settled here

America is a great country in terms of diverse geography alone

Vermont looks like it to be beautiful in the Autumn, I'd like to see it during that time!

elk-iii-john-autumn-leaves-surrounding-cilley-covered-bridge-vermont.jpg

Woodstock_in_Autumn_Vermont.jpg

1072108-2-vermont-autumn.jpg

OMG Sparky...I'm coming!

(Ok, wait a sec, I know that didn't sound quite right, but y'all knew what I meant) ~LoL~

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz5M_-_jHHw]YouTube - ‪Down Home by Alabama‬‏[/ame]

OMG Sparky...I'm coming!

(Ok, wait a sec, I know that didn't sound quite right, but y'all knew what I meant) ~LoL~

BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! After seeing those pics, I think I'm coming too. :lol:

I live on the North Shore of Suffolk County on Long Island.

We're about two hours by train to the city and a short walk to the water.

Yes, it's expensive and somewhat crowded but it's got a small town feel and I can't even think about living anywhere else.

This is my home.

I live on the North Shore of Suffolk County on Long Island.

We're about two hours by train to the city and a short walk to the water.

Yes, it's expensive and somewhat crowded but it's got a small town feel and I can't even think about living anywhere else.

This is my home.

Another place I'd like to see someday, Long Island. I would really enjoy Christmas in New York (I think). I have been to all the states mostly, but for some reason, my parents never ventured into the New England states, dunno why *sigh* I guess it gives me something to shoot for.

I'm one of the few who can claim to be a fourth generation native to California. Which means I'm an ethnic WASP on one side, with east European on the other. Fairly typical American mutt.

I'm one of the few who can claim to be a fourth generation native to California. Which means I'm an ethnic WASP on one side, with east European on the other. Fairly typical American mutt.
north, south, inland, coastal?
I'm right twixt SF and LA.

Forum List

Back