Where does Lebron Rank on the All Time List?

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
I'll start with the obvious ones ahead of him:

MICHAEL JORDAN
Magic
Bird
The Big O
Shaq
The Dream
The Big Dipper
Bill Russell
Dr. J
Tim Fuckin' Duncan

I'm thinking Lebron is probably somewhere around, at best, 25 - 35.

Who else am I missing? Are any of my picks wrong?

:eusa_think:

I'll start with the obvious ones ahead of him:

MICHAEL JORDAN
Magic
Bird
The Big O
Shaq
The Dream
The Big Dipper
Bill Russell
Dr. J
Tim Fuckin' Duncan

I'm thinking Lebron is probably somewhere around, at best, 25 - 35.

Who else am I missing? Are any of my picks wrong?

:eusa_think:

Isaiah Thomas had more heart and won a back to back. Kobe did it 2 times without Shaq.

I don't think Tim Duncan (or Shaq or any of them other big guys) is/are in the same category. Tim's a Center/Power forward. You compare him to the all time great power forwards. One on one Lebron or Shaq in his prime eat Tim Duncan up. But he's the best power forwards, but I get what you are saying. 5 rings, stayed with one team, did it with David Robinson and without him. Composure, demeanor, confidence. But if they were both rookies and you could get 15 good years out of both of them, who would you take? I have to be honest, I'd still take Lebron, although after this year I don't know.

I tell everyone I don't give a shit about players regular season stats. BFD. Did you win a championship? Because I watch every game in the championship and that is where you cement your legacy in my brain. I know they don't care about me, but when I say me I mean OUR minds. That's where people remember you. If a guy is watching a regular season game and ignores his girlfriend he's crazy, but even his girlfriend is watching the NBA finals. She likes Lebron or Shane Battier or Wade or that Leonard kid or Tony Parker or Ginobili Why? Because she's heard their names before. Every time the Spurs go to the playoffs she hears their names. And she knows Tony Parker too because he was married to Eva Longoria, but even she only married him because he has rings. Who do you marry if you are not a champion, like that Chris Humphrey guy? You marry a Kardashian. Oh wait, Lamar Odom has rings and married a Kardashian so that blows my theory. Another great example is Blake Griffin. I had no clue he was good until I saw him in the playoffs. I don't give a shit about sportscenter highlights in the regular seasons. Lets see you get your team at least to the finals. Until then you're just famous because you're almost white and can dunk.

That's why I so want Kevin Durant to win multiple championships. I think he should be/will be an all time great before he's done, I hope. So far so good. Be patient. Can't believe we all thought the Spurs would be done after last year and this year would be Durant's turn but NOPE. Way to do Tim Duncan you beast you. A living legend IMO. And I'm from Detroit. I should hate him but I can't. Stud. Mancrush. LOL:eusa_shhh:

Jordan
Wilt
Russell
Kareem
Lebron
Magic
Duncan
Kobe
Oscar

Last edited:
Rightwinger...Bingo. You have it about right (don't know how you leave Kobe off this list)

But IMHO Russell is hugely overrated. Without his supporting cast, he would be considered one of the top dozen great centers, but nowhere near #1. He's like Yogi Berra - won a lot of championships and contributed to all of them, but overall, just a pretty good catcher.

Rightwinger...Bingo. You have it about right (don't know how you leave Kobe off this list)

But IMHO Russell is hugely overrated. Without his supporting cast, he would be considered one of the top dozen great centers, but nowhere near #1. He's like Yogi Berra - won a lot of championships and contributed to all of them, but overall, just a pretty good catcher.

Forgot Kobe, I will add him

Russell and Wilt are always paired with me. I don't know what to do with Russell. In my view, if Wilt was surrounded with five future HOF players, he would have won all those championships. But many, many experts swear by Russell

Sadly, the torch will eventually be passed. LeBron James is the second-best forward in NBA history, but even here in Boston we can admit that he’ll someday be the best.

Maybe he will ascend to the throne next year or the year after. Maybe he will claim the top spot next week when he wins his third NBA title, tying him with one Larry Joe Bird.

Right now, today, Bird remains the best, but even the most devoted Larry acolytes know they must enjoy it while it lasts.

Callahan: LeBron James? greatness will leave Larry Bird lacking in final comparison | Boston Herald

larry-legend.jpg

Sadly, the torch will eventually be passed. LeBron James is the second-best forward in NBA history, but even here in Boston we can admit that he’ll someday be the best.

Maybe he will ascend to the throne next year or the year after. Maybe he will claim the top spot next week when he wins his third NBA title, tying him with one Larry Joe Bird.

Right now, today, Bird remains the best, but even the most devoted Larry acolytes know they must enjoy it while it lasts.

Callahan: LeBron James? greatness will leave Larry Bird lacking in final comparison | Boston Herald

larry-legend.jpg

Lebron is eons ahead of bird.

Last edited:
  • Banned

larry-legend.jpg

Lebron is eons a head of bird.

Lebron can do EVERYTHING way better than Bird could ever have hoped to.

That said, Bird would have SMOKED his ass if they ever met in the postseason.

larry-legend.jpg

Depends, not if they have even caliber teams.

larry-legend.jpg

LeBron a better outside shooter than Bird?

LeBron a better free throw shooter than Bird?

LeBron a better passer than Bird?

LeBron a better clutch player than Bird?

WHATEVER YOU'RE SMOKING, THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW!

LeBron is a lightning rod for hatred and speculation.

You can't take away his raw skill and his numbers.

He is within the top ten, at the very least.

The centers have to be ranked separately.

LeBron ranks with Kobe, Michael, Oscar, Elgin, Dr. J.

Russell and Wilt are always paired with me. I don't know what to do with Russell. In my view, if Wilt was surrounded with five future HOF players, he would have won all those championships. But many, many experts swear by Russell
As soon as Wilt got a team, Russell got spanked in 5.

All this talk about greatest forwards, how come nobody mentions Jerry Lucas?

As soon as Wilt got a team, Russell got spanked in 5.

All this talk about greatest forwards, how come nobody mentions Jerry Lucas?

You mean Jerry West?

Forum List

Back