Zone1 Where does happiness come from?

When I think of things from God's perspective, this mortal life is but short moment in our eternal history. This life is a test to see whether we will choose good over evil. Most all of us will die but God has provided us with the resurrection and everyone of us will resurrect and live eternally with a resurrected body of flesh and bones to never die again. As a resurrected being I believe that we will never be hungry or thirsty again and we will not feel the pain that we do here in this world. In the celestial kingdom of heaven, we will have to live by the laws of that kingdom. Those laws require that we be willing to abide by laws of righteousness. If we do not choose good over evil while in this life, we will likely not be willing to live a celestial law of righteousness in the world to come. We will be sent to a kingdom where we are willing to abide by the law of that kingdom. In this life we make mistakes but we are allowed to change our ways by repenting and becoming a better person. Only good people go to heaven. But Jesus has given us a means to change our bad life into a good life and be a good person. Don't waste the opportunity. Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Knowing that I can change from a bad person into a good person and be loved by my Father in Heaven and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and many others who choose good over evil gives me great hope and allows me to press forward. Seeing this life as a temporary existence and knowing that great and good things lie ahead and surrounding myself with family and friends who love God also makes life a blessing. I honestly believe that if we strive to fill our hearts with love for God and for our fellowman, we can live a pretty good life in this fallen mortal state and if we have faith in God and strive to be a good person, we can only look forward to things eventually getting much better. Doing good brings happiness and believing in God brings happiness to this fallen mortal soul.

Liberty and Right to.Self.Determination is happiness. When it is stolen from you, believe me, your happiness will disappear. Be halpy you live i America, though too many in your country admire other nations and their abuses.

I had a very bad time of it a few weeks ago. I was suffering from deep depression, and on my worst day, I could barely function.

But then, things turned around and I was happy.

I got some therapy. That helped.

Also, I've been listening to music, which I never did before. It's mostly upbeat tunes.

My girlfriend and I are patching things up since I'm no longer the unhappy man who mistreats her.

I'm working much longer hours.

I have more energy to write.

I've been going to bed early and getting up early.

So, I ask myself, "Where does happiness come from?"

Because now I have it, and I've spent most of my life without it.

I put this in the Religion section because, maybe, someone will say happiness comes from God.

Does it?
I think it comes from knowing that you are in God's will, or at least believing you are. I think we humans are so fallen we don't know God's will from our own a lot of the time... that's why Jesus had to come, establish a Church... get the Scriptures written and then mass produced when the printing press was invented 1440

Liberty and Right to.Self.Determination is happiness. When it is stolen from you, believe me, your happiness will disappear. Be halpy you live i America, though too many in your country admire other nations and their abuses.
America is not as free as many think... especially now that the sicko left are running things...

I had a very bad time of it a few weeks ago. I was suffering from deep depression, and on my worst day, I could barely function.

But then, things turned around and I was happy.

I got some therapy. That helped.

Also, I've been listening to music, which I never did before. It's mostly upbeat tunes.

My girlfriend and I are patching things up since I'm no longer the unhappy man who mistreats her.

I'm working much longer hours.

I have more energy to write.

I've been going to bed early and getting up early.

So, I ask myself, "Where does happiness come from?"

Because now I have it, and I've spent most of my life without it.

I put this in the Religion section because, maybe, someone will say happiness comes from God.

Does it?
Don't ask a liberal..........I am yet to meet/encounter a happy, satisfied, content liberal, they always act as if someone has urinated in their cornflakes while walking around with a stick up their kester, never satisfied, always jealous of other people's possession's while not wanting to put in the time and effort to secure their own needs.......demanding that Government pay for everything, as long as its OPM (other people's money).

Forum List

Back