Zone1 Where does happiness come from?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I had a very bad time of it a few weeks ago. I was suffering from deep depression, and on my worst day, I could barely function.

But then, things turned around and I was happy.

I got some therapy. That helped.

Also, I've been listening to music, which I never did before. It's mostly upbeat tunes.

My girlfriend and I are patching things up since I'm no longer the unhappy man who mistreats her.

I'm working much longer hours.

I have more energy to write.

I've been going to bed early and getting up early.

So, I ask myself, "Where does happiness come from?"

Because now I have it, and I've spent most of my life without it.

I put this in the Religion section because, maybe, someone will say happiness comes from God.

Does it?

I had a very bad time of it a few weeks ago. I was suffering from deep depression, and on my worst day, I could barely function.

Also, I've been listening to music, which I never did before. It's mostly upbeat tunes.

My girlfriend and I are patching things up since I'm no longer the unhappy man who mistreats her.

I put this in the Religion section because, maybe, someone will say happiness comes from God.

Does it?
Live in the moment. Because that's all you have.

Happiness? It comes from your own thoughts.

If you are dealt some bad luck, or some bad events, you can choose to view it as bad news, or you can choose to view it as a learning experience and an opportunity for growth.

How you view reality, is all up to you, and your own thoughts.

Happiness? That is a choice.

Does it?
"This happy feeling comes from Jesus, everyday he more than pleases, that's where this happy feeling comes from."

That's an old song from school.

Happiness comes from puppies

puppy1.jpg

Does it?

IMO "happy" is a transient emotion or a state of contentment. It will come and go, depending on a variety of things, both in and out of my control. "Happiness" does not come from God. But God gives better: assurance, peace, and joy.

Does it?
Think about it, God has never really ever been happy.

Does it?
Of course it does not .Despite shrill cries from the Cultists .

Simply ensure that your brain receives a steady flow of dopamine and serotonin and you will trill away quite happily .
And/or Adrenaline
But if you want to believe that these come from god's own chemical factory , so be it .
Trouble is , if you believe the latter explanation you will probably buy any old snake oil that is pushed at you by any half baked cultist .

I don’t believe happiness is the goal of life. I’ve been very clear about that over time. I yearn for a contented feeling. Considering my general attitude is pretty unpleasant or angry, that’s a pretty big step most of the time.

For me being content is a matter of balance and equilibrium. It’s everything/everyone doing what they’re supposed to how, when and where they’re supposed to. It’s about getting the expected return on the time, money and energy I invest into things.

As long as I can maintain that level of contentedness, I’m good. When I can’t it gets nasty, real quick.

Does it?
One Bible symbol I keep close is a sculpture of the lion and the lamb lying down together. I think of the lion as the strong-negative emotions and the lamb as the peaceful-happy ones.

If the lion of depression is roaring, it is because it is trying to draw your attention to something that is wrong and needs fixed. The lamb can run from this roar, or it can present the opposite emotion--in this case, perhaps interest. For example, interest in what is depressing you, and what can be done to get to the root of that problem. The "Lion" then sees his warning alert is now being addressed, and he lays down with the lamb.

As Anathema advised in the above post...balance and equilibrium. He may be picturing a balance scale, whereas I picture that Biblical lion and lamb.

Of course it does not .Despite shrill cries from the Cultists .

Simply ensure that your brain receives a steady flow of dopamine and serotonin and you will trill away quite happily .
And/or Adrenaline
But if you want to believe that these come from god's own chemical factory , so be it .
Trouble is , if you believe the latter explanation you will probably buy any old snake oil that is pushed at you by any half baked cultist .
Trouble is, most atheists are miserable and want everyone else to be the same.

Does it?
I believe that happiness (in part) comes with finding contentment in whatever situation you happen to be in. That's sometimes easier said than done, but I've been there. I simply tell myself that things could be worse. I look for things to be happy about: I have a roof over my head; I have food and water; I have clothing; I have transportation; etc. My basic needs are met.

Of course, there have always been ups and downs in a person's life and during those "down" times ... it's easy to focus on what you don't have or on what you think you should have. But I believe that God allows us to go through trials to help strengthen our faith and resolve. I think of the Old Testament Patriarch, Job.

Our Declaration of Independence allows us to "Pursue Happiness" but it doesn't promise that we will necessarily find it. So, in the long run, happiness is an outcropping of joy. And joy is found in the knowledge that Christ died for our sins and paid the penalty on our behalf. Joy comes with the knowledge that we're saved and that we shall live for eternity in God's Holy Kingdom.

Think about it, God has never really ever been happy.
Unwittingy (!!) profound .
Self awareness ( how did that happen?) led to something akin to boredom.
Inspired the need for novelty.
Led to the Matterium

TO CONTEMPLATE ( not mine)
This is a Binary Matterium. That is the design pattern, everything arises from a binary condition. Even the Matterium itself arises from a binary condition.

There is Consciousness.

There is the Universe within Consciousness.

There is the Matterium within Universe.

All of this is binary.

The goal of Consciousness is to find That Which It is Not. Consciousness, and not-Consciousness. This is binary.

And thus was created Novelty (not known to Consciousness), as Concept, and Manifestation, and Goal.

So Consciousness had something to do. The Hunt for Novelty.

To have some place to hunt, Consciousness created the Universe, the Matterium, and You.

You are within the Matterium.

You are alive; thus you are not dead.

Humanity has both the Living, and the Dead; thus we have Both.

So each, individually, and both, in combination. Thus there are always Three, where Two are visible, and always there are Two, where One is visible. Thus does Complexity arise from Simplicity. The method that we use with our neural net software machine ‘learning’ is but an analog of how universe operates. At this larger level, you are the monad in the Matterium’s ‘human learning software’.

The design pattern of binary is everywhere we look. It is self-demonstrating. Seeing, not seeing. On, off. Light, dark. Dead, alive.

Everywhere there is quality differentiation, the quality will always, and inevitably reduce to the binary.

It is only when we get into quantification that anything other than binary manifests.

So thus all of the ‘non-binary’, and ‘blended gender’ talk is but that, talk. No substance as it is not supported within this Matterium, and while it is momentarily novel, it will wither and disappear in the time allotted to it by Consciousness.

Anytime you find attempts to ‘quantify’ humans, or any Life Quality in this Matterium in general, you are in the presence of evil thinking. This statement is binary as it resolves down to humans being a quality in this Matterium, and not a quantity of the Matterium.

We find such evil thinking in the mother WEFfers. They want to ‘trans-human’ the humans. They are attempting to quantify humans as though we are machines. They do it in their understanding of biology, and project that understanding onto the reality. Thus their evil thinking that ‘trans-human’ can exist.

The plans of the WEF are evil, as we see them constantly trying to quantify everything about humans, and humanity. With absolutely NO regard to human quality. These are all evil plans by definition. These plans fail. That is a binary state. They fail due to totally ignoring human quality. They will continue to fail until the WEF changes. If they did that, change their thinking, then it would be the non-WEF, and again, binary design pattern would be self demonstrating.

We get Peak ‘Trans’, both as the climax (pun intended) of the pan-sexual wave, and as the WEF entre into trans-human at this Time, and of course it is the proximate cause for the next large social wave of ‘settling into normal normality’ in which Masculine and Feminine will be seen for their true worth; Masculinity creates and maintains Civilization, while Femininity creates and maintains Life. These are qualities. They reduce to binary.

This currently emerging period will frustrate the WEF very deeply. The only ‘trans’ in a few years, will be references to the ‘transition’ from WEF World, over to Human World.

No ‘trans’ about it.

The people in the WEF are starting to appreciate that they are losing the 5th Generation Unrestricted War that they launched against Humanity. They have worked for centuries only to fail now. Their failure was forecast hundreds of years ago, when the ancestors of today’s [KM] /WEF, lost the lesson of binary. They are obsessed with quantity, as they demonstrate with their lives devoted to gathering excess in quantity where ever they may. Judge men and works by their qualities, not their quantities.

The Matterium Lesson of Binary, the Design Pattern: Novelty does not arise from Quantity, but ONLY from Quality. And even that is Binary. This Matterium is designed to support Binary that Novelty may arise.

We live in a binary design patterned Matterium. Life, within it, can harmonize with that design pattern, or fight it. That choice, as are all choices, is binary. Choose wrong, and that Life will fail. And that is binary as well.

Choose Quality. Don’t worry so much about quantity.

Unwittingy (!!) profound .
Self awareness ( how did that happen?) led to something akin to boredom.
Inspired the need for novelty.
Led to the Matterium

TO CONTEMPLATE ( not mine)
This is a Binary Matterium. That is the design pattern, everything arises from a binary condition. Even the Matterium itself arises from a binary condition.

There is Consciousness.

There is the Universe within Consciousness.

There is the Matterium within Universe.

All of this is binary.

The goal of Consciousness is to find That Which It is Not. Consciousness, and not-Consciousness. This is binary.

And thus was created Novelty (not known to Consciousness), as Concept, and Manifestation, and Goal.

So Consciousness had something to do. The Hunt for Novelty.

To have some place to hunt, Consciousness created the Universe, the Matterium, and You.

You are within the Matterium.

You are alive; thus you are not dead.

Humanity has both the Living, and the Dead; thus we have Both.

So each, individually, and both, in combination. Thus there are always Three, where Two are visible, and always there are Two, where One is visible. Thus does Complexity arise from Simplicity. The method that we use with our neural net software machine ‘learning’ is but an analog of how universe operates. At this larger level, you are the monad in the Matterium’s ‘human learning software’.

The design pattern of binary is everywhere we look. It is self-demonstrating. Seeing, not seeing. On, off. Light, dark. Dead, alive.

Everywhere there is quality differentiation, the quality will always, and inevitably reduce to the binary.

It is only when we get into quantification that anything other than binary manifests.

So thus all of the ‘non-binary’, and ‘blended gender’ talk is but that, talk. No substance as it is not supported within this Matterium, and while it is momentarily novel, it will wither and disappear in the time allotted to it by Consciousness.

Anytime you find attempts to ‘quantify’ humans, or any Life Quality in this Matterium in general, you are in the presence of evil thinking. This statement is binary as it resolves down to humans being a quality in this Matterium, and not a quantity of the Matterium.

We find such evil thinking in the mother WEFfers. They want to ‘trans-human’ the humans. They are attempting to quantify humans as though we are machines. They do it in their understanding of biology, and project that understanding onto the reality. Thus their evil thinking that ‘trans-human’ can exist.

The plans of the WEF are evil, as we see them constantly trying to quantify everything about humans, and humanity. With absolutely NO regard to human quality. These are all evil plans by definition. These plans fail. That is a binary state. They fail due to totally ignoring human quality. They will continue to fail until the WEF changes. If they did that, change their thinking, then it would be the non-WEF, and again, binary design pattern would be self demonstrating.

We get Peak ‘Trans’, both as the climax (pun intended) of the pan-sexual wave, and as the WEF entre into trans-human at this Time, and of course it is the proximate cause for the next large social wave of ‘settling into normal normality’ in which Masculine and Feminine will be seen for their true worth; Masculinity creates and maintains Civilization, while Femininity creates and maintains Life. These are qualities. They reduce to binary.

This currently emerging period will frustrate the WEF very deeply. The only ‘trans’ in a few years, will be references to the ‘transition’ from WEF World, over to Human World.

No ‘trans’ about it.

The people in the WEF are starting to appreciate that they are losing the 5th Generation Unrestricted War that they launched against Humanity. They have worked for centuries only to fail now. Their failure was forecast hundreds of years ago, when the ancestors of today’s [KM] /WEF, lost the lesson of binary. They are obsessed with quantity, as they demonstrate with their lives devoted to gathering excess in quantity where ever they may. Judge men and works by their qualities, not their quantities.

The Matterium Lesson of Binary, the Design Pattern: Novelty does not arise from Quantity, but ONLY from Quality. And even that is Binary. This Matterium is designed to support Binary that Novelty may arise.

We live in a binary design patterned Matterium. Life, within it, can harmonize with that design pattern, or fight it. That choice, as are all choices, is binary. Choose wrong, and that Life will fail. And that is binary as well.

Choose Quality. Don’t worry so much about quantity.

Yeah, God figured that out after making streets of gold in Heaven.

Forum List

Back