Where are the energy experts

Discussion in 'Energy' started by mdn2000, Mar 19, 2010.

1. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Where are all the energy experts, Old Crock specifically.

When confronted with facts Old Crock disappears.

I guess that is all the Liberal/Marxist can do, ignore the facts that disagree with the Marxist agenda.

The fact remains that the USA is now completely subsidizing Solar, Wind, and Geothermal energy and still the technologies are complete failures.

Solar technology well over a 100 years old, billions spent on research and development and still a complete failure, miniscule power that shows no promise of catching fossil fuel plants.

Wind technology is 100's of years old, billions spent on research and development and a complete failure. Miniscule electrical output.

Geothermal is the same story as the above.

Further, Solar, Geothermal, and Wind use more resources to build than fossil fuel plants hence you get much less for much more damage to earth.

Imagine the advocates of Green energy are advocating depleting the earths resources at a much more accelerated rate than if we just use fossil fuels, hence there it is, the Green energy advocates may or may not know this but some do, they want to deplete the earth of fossil fuels, they want the human race to fail, they understand the tremendous waste of power they advocate supporting green and this is there plan.

Green energy advocates want to deplete the earth of its natural resources in order to see humanity disappear and the earth reverse back to the its natural state.

Hence the sensless arguements with no basis in fact.

2. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295
    And of course you pulled all this nonsense out of your asshole.

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,883
    Now that's funny.

[​IMG]
    Each heliostat measures 120 square meters, which gives the entire heliostat field an area of 75,000 square meters. On a sunny day this can produce up to 11 megawatts of energy, enough to power a town of 6,000 homes, such as the neighboring community of Sanlucar la Mayor.
    Solar powered Spain Greenfudge.org

[​IMG]
    A New Jersey candy factory that produces M&Ms flipped the switch Monday on a dedicated solar array that's the largest in the nation to serve a single manufacturing complex, according to Public Service Enterprise Group Inc.

The 18-acre field of solar panels in Hackettstown is capable of generating 2.2 megawatts per hour of clean energy. That's about one-fifth of the plant's power needs, or enough power for roughly 1,800 homes.
    NorthJersey.com: Mars candy factory flips switch on solar panel field

Training Wheels Are Coming off of Germany's Solar Industry -- Seeking Alpha
    Here is a great story. Germany is cutting it's subsidies:
    "It's all part of a process initiated back in 2000, when the Bundestag passed its Renewable Energy Act. "Cleantech" hadn't dawned yet, and oil was far from record highs it reached later in the decade.

So Germany was ahead of its time and has reaped the benefits of a steroid-injected clean energy economy. Berlin's goal was always to wean producers and installers off the government juice, and that's what we're seeing now.

The come-down hasn't caused the German solar industry to fall flat on its face. Rather, companies like Q-Cells — whose facilities I toured in summer 2008 — are staying on their toes."

http://www.treehugger.com/20090824-liberose-solar-park.jpg
    Thin-film solar power plants are definitely becoming more common and larger in size. A year ago the world's largest thin-film power plant was just 10 megawatts. Now one near Cottbus, Germany comes in at 53 megawatts
    53 MW Thin-Film Solar Power Plant Now Germany's Largest : TreeHugger

[​IMG]
    It must be highlighted however that these figures refer to total energy output – which combines both the electrical and heat power – not just electrical output, as is the case with standard solar cells. The standard CUESS panel produces 400 watts of electrical power and 1700 watts of heat power for a total of 2100 watts. It is this combination of heat and electrical energy output that allows the developers of the CUESS technology that allows them to claim a lifting of efficiency from around 18 percent for standard solar panels to over 50 percent.
    Solar panels made three times cheaper and four times more efficient

You see, solar panels haven't even come into it's own yet because new materials, such as "nanotubes" are still being developed. There is even talk of people using an everyday printer to print their own working solar panels.
    Of course, I didn't even touch on the advancements in wind, battery, miniature nuclear reactors and other developing technologies. There is just so much.

Of course, to someone who believes that "Noah's Ark" was a true historical event, all of this may sound too fantastic.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  4. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    rdean, forgive me if I do not put your post in quotes, that is very redundant and useless when addressing small portions.

I am all for research into solar (not wind, wind is definately proven dead).

What your article leaves out is much, millions of gallons of water are needed for solar, increase the solar panels to an area needed to supply industry with power and then solar needs trillions of gallons of water.

Can a solar farm supply the electricity to pump trillions of gallons of water to the desert? Not in the near future.

Is water better used for farming, yes, what does the diversion of trillions of gallons of water do to the cost of food or even the availability of food.

I got more but this is the most significant obstacle that solar cannot overcome.

Any thoughts.

5. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    I understand that Old Crock's dementia effects Old Crocks ability to address posts with intellect. Hopefully other users will be as patient with Old Crock as I am.

6. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,013
    personally i do not want to see thousands of acres of solar panels or windmills what an eyesore.

7. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    rdean, dont take my points as an attack on all aspects of solar, I think it should money should be spent on research, I dont beleive solar will ever be a viable source of power for industry or homes. I beleive and I see that in specific circumstances solar is valuable.

That said your content mentions spain. Spain is a large Nuclear power given its size. I love Spain, especially my freinds at Tecnatom, great people to work with.

http://www.tecnatom.es/

Billions of dollars have been lost to green energy in Spain threatening the entire European Union's economy.

Spanish & Solar: A Model to Follow or a Cautionary Tale? | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

Researching as I go, I have been hearing little bits about Spain for the last month but have not got around to looking up the stories, most likely I will take a better look at your post another time, its late for me and I have much to do tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  8. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295
    So dead that wind put out enough power right now in the US to power 9 million homes. And by 2012, that number will be double, if not more.

42% of the installed generation in 2009 was wind. And that number is going to get bigger.

9. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295
    LOL. Now why don't you just explain how you got that out of the article on solar electrical generation in Germany?

And there are now solar cells that have over 40% efficiency in the labs. Most are thin film type that are very easy to create, one, qdot, can be created using a system very like ink jet printing.

10. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    Old Crock going off half cocked, prove it, nine million homes, prove it, 42%? prove it.