Where are the Adults?

The President is keeping his mouth shut. He knows that any message of racial healing will only piss off his base, and he knows that they'll forgive him for not sounding like a white nationalist.

Not much he can do.

So all non soy Republicans are now White Nationalists?

More than likely anything he says will be taken out of context by the SJW types.
What kind of leader is afraid of how his words will be taken?

Afraid? I doubt it. He probably realizes anything he says will be used to inflame the SJW types.

And you are dodging my question, are you saying all of Trump's base consists of WP types or not?
Well, since he's only worried about keeping his base happy, he's not required to communicate with the rest of us, I guess.

While the country burns, he can keep tweeting MAGA if he wants.

All of this base? I doubt it. Some of his base are simply enablers, those who refuse to hold the WP types accountable.
So exactly who has held antifa accountable? Who has confronted and condemned them? Or are you claiming that they are not just the lefts example of WP types?
The Left has done a horrible job of holding them accountable, just as the Right has done a horrible job of holding the White Nationalists / Supremacists / Separatists accountable.

As I say all the time, nothing of substance will be improved until both ends of issue decide to be honest and start holding their own accountable.

And as I also say all the time, the two ends of the spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors.

Clear enough?

What you forget is most of us on the right WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM. They aren't the fringe of our conservative movement, they are unwanted assholes, which is why we ignore them.

Anti-fa is just the more militant wing of the old crusty dudes who show up to every lefty protest with the table of Marx to Mao for sale.
Ignore them, downplay them, minimize them, and you enable them.

That's your call.

What you forget is most of us on the right WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM. They aren't the fringe of our conservative movement, they are unwanted assholes, which is why we ignore them.

Anti-fa is just the more militant wing of the old crusty dudes who show up to every lefty protest with the table of Marx to Mao for sale.
^^^^
This, right here.

In a personal case of this, I dropped any desire to pay attention to Christopher Cantwell when he completely lost his mind in the 2015-16 time frame...And a very large number of his online ancap followers felt the same and hit the exits too.

The President is keeping his mouth shut. He knows that any message of racial healing will only piss off his base, and he knows that they'll forgive him for not sounding like a white nationalist.

Not much he can do.

More than likely anything he says will be taken out of context by the SJW types.

Afraid? I doubt it. He probably realizes anything he says will be used to inflame the SJW types.

And you are dodging my question, are you saying all of Trump's base consists of WP types or not?
Well, since he's only worried about keeping his base happy, he's not required to communicate with the rest of us, I guess.

All of this base? I doubt it. Some of his base are simply enablers, those who refuse to hold the WP types accountable.
So exactly who has held antifa accountable? Who has confronted and condemned them? Or are you claiming that they are not just the lefts example of WP types?
The Left has done a horrible job of holding them accountable, just as the Right has done a horrible job of holding the White Nationalists / Supremacists / Separatists accountable.

As I say all the time, nothing of substance will be improved until both ends of issue decide to be honest and start holding their own accountable.

And as I also say all the time, the two ends of the spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

You mean like your philosophical fellow travelers are completely denying that Antifa even exists, even though anyone could link to dozens of their public pages on social media?

Beware that plank in you eye, Scooter.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

You mean like your philosophical fellow travelers are completely denying that Antifa even exists, even though anyone could link to dozens of their public pages on social media?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, as I have already described. I've even had Regressive Lefties insist that PC and Identity Politics don't exist, either.

You nutters just assume that the rest of us are as dishonest and hypocritical as you. That's incorrect.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, as I have already described. I've even had Regressive Lefties insist that PC and Identity Politics don't exist, either.

You nutters just assume that the rest of us are as dishonest and hypocritical as you. That's incorrect.
I know you're as dishonest and hypocritical as they come...But being a leftist (your continuous limp denials of being a "nutter" or "winger" notwithstanding) means that self-awareness isn't in your psychological makeup.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

I know you're as dishonest and hypocritical as they come...But being a leftist (your continuous limp denials of being a "nutter" or "winger" notwithstanding) means that self-awareness isn't in your psychological makeup.
You're certainly welcome to point out examples. The quote function works just fine here, but you guys never seem to know that when you accuse me of things.

Go ahead. Thanks in advance.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

Making them more than they are for political reasons enables them. Comparing anyone on the right to them enables them.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

Making them more than they are for political reasons enables them. Comparing anyone on the right to them enables them.
Okay, great.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

Okay, great.

And this is where Mac runs away with his tail between his legs.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

You're certainly welcome to point out examples. The quote function works just fine here, but you guys never seem to know that when you accuse me of things.

Your little thread on what you claim to believe is a marvel of leftist/statist lunacy, though you try to couch it in terms of "common sense" and "moderation"....You are a fucking nut case.

It's being done on purpose....Erasing the past gives you no frame of reference for the present.

View attachment 350544
Those who did and have the capacity to actually think, took the story as a warning, combined with an understanding of how the soviet commies had created a dystopian hell hole.

The sociopaths who control the leftist agenda instead used it as an instructions manual, because they do not want the next communist superpower they create to fall. Kinda like how the Chi-Coms have a social credit system and a massive surveillance industry.

Any intelligent human who gives the matter more than a moment's thought realizes that you cannot judge historical figures by today's contemporary standards. While some principles are immutable (See the Ten Commandments, for examples), others are tied to the era in which they play out. Our forebears had multiple wives, they owned slaves, and they committed atrocities in order to save the souls of "savages." It all happened and was done by people who were more than admirable in their respective times. And even to presume that today's standards are The Ultimate, and utterly correct, and will never change is a conceit that only a fool can maintain. A hundred years from now, we may all be scorned because we ate fish, or broccoli. Who knows?

Essentially every public monument or statue is a tribute to someone who was a "hero" or an otherwise exemplary person IN HIS OR HER OWN TIME, and usually for many generations thereafter. To tear down these monuments is a historical atrocity and a crime against our own humanity.

If you have studied and learned about the life of, for example, Robert E. Lee, and you believe that he was an evil person, then SAY THAT. Take your children to his monument and tell them who he was and what you think. That's why we study history: so we can learn from it. Same for Christopher Columbus, Thomas Jefferson, Moses, and - if you please - Martin Luther King...though no living American would ever have the balls to point out that Luminary's shortcomings!

It is a tremendous failure of leadership for mayors and governors, and even the President, to stand by and watch these desecrations take place without demanding that they stop, and proclaiming WHY THEY ARE UNACCEPTABLE. Not only as destructions of public property, but as absolute foolishness, intellectually.

Where are the adults?

Good points!

But there are some exceptions. Surely, Germany is right to prohibit statues of you-know-whom. He was so evil that there are no words in the English language to describe him. I think, however, that Germany now allows people to buy his Mein Kampf.

There are some Americans who do compare General Lee, for example, to that horrible individual. Most thoughtful people, I feel, know that such a comparison is quite a stretch.

Instead of tearing down statues, it would great if certain youths used that energy to study, work, and lead productive and crime-free lives. Then people would respect, not fear, them.

Its a well known fact that 90% of the media in the country is aligned to topple Trump, and will manipulate public opinion any way they can, no matter what Trump says or does, he will be vilified.

The "silent majority" (which isn't silent BTW, it's just that bed wetting pieces of shit like Mac refuse to listen) better rise up and pack the ballot boxes like they did in 2010 and sweep who democrook party from power.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

Okay, great.

I just don't know what you want. We disagree. If you think that ignoring them is the best course of action, then run with it. I don't know what your goal is.

What do you want me to say?

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

Your little thread on what you claim to believe is a marvel of leftist/statist lunacy, though you try to couch it in terms of "common sense" and "moderation"....You are a fucking nut case.
Huh?

Link, please?

Do you guys ever just try to be honest and straightforward?

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

That's your call.

Okay, great.

I just don't know what you want. We disagree. If you think that ignoring them is the best course of action, then run with it. I don't know what your goal is.

What do you want me to say?

Then post this instead of your smarmy dismissive "OK great"

Its a well known fact that 90% of the media in the country is aligned to topple Trump, and will manipulate public opinion any way they can, no matter what Trump says or does, he will be vilified.

The "silent majority" (which isn't silent BTW, it's just that bed wetting pieces of shit like Mac refuse to listen) better rise up and pack the ballot boxes like they did in 2010 and sweep who democrook party from power.

It's way past Trump....The progs want to invalidate the entirety of the American experience, for better or worse...And in order to wipe out the best, they have to frame it as being built on a foundation of the absolute worst.

We are witnessing pure, unadulterated Maoist/Stalinist communism being practiced right before our very eyes, while one wing of the political class actively abets it and the other stands by in total silence....And they've flooded the zone with shitstorms to the point that Trump doesn't know whether to fuck, fight, shit, or go blind.

I have a feeling that shit's going to come to a head sooner rather than later, and it may well make the last couple weeks look like a game of jacks.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?
White separatists not held accountable?!?

Not too long ago, one of then was shot IN THE FUCKING BACK and there was a collective yawn from you faux civil libertarian types.
You seem to have recovered pretty well.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

Not too long ago, one of then was shot IN THE FUCKING BACK and there was a collective yawn from you faux civil libertarian types.
Pepe the Frog nursed him back to health.

Not much he can do.

Clear enough?

I'm a proponent of defense, not limply trying to make some big scene in the face of what will eventually be overwhelming force.

But your snarky cavalier disregard for the civil rights of a fellow Murican shot while surrendering is duly noted.

Forum List

Back