Where Are All The Atheists And Agnostics?

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
Once again it is the churches and their members who are the first responders to supply the Louisiana flood victims with needed supplies. This is always the case whenever and wherever a disaster strikes. The churches are always there.

Atheists berate the Churches and Christians but one would be hard pressed to see any atheist or agnostic group handing out water, clothing, or other needed supplies to fellow Americans in their time of need.

Once again it is the churches and their members who are the first responders to supply the Louisiana flood victims with needed supplies. This is always the case whenever and wherever a disaster strikes. The churches are always there.

Atheists berate the Churches and Christians but one would be hard pressed to see any atheist or agnostic group handing out water, clothing, or other needed supplies to fellow Americans in their time of need.

Doesn't mean that there aren't atheists and agnostics lending a hand and working just as hard as other groups. Remember, an organized community often has the resources that a single individual does not. In the Louisiana flood case, the religious community might be likened to a city on a hill that cannot be hidden. However, the atheist/agnostic/individual may be following just as valid a concept: Don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.

Doesn't mean that there aren't atheists and agnostics lending a hand and working just as hard as other groups. Remember, an organized community often has the resources that a single individual does not. In the Louisiana flood case, the religious community might be likened to a city on a hill that cannot be hidden. However, the atheist/agnostic/individual may be following just as valid a concept: Don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.

Then why can't they organize and actually do a little good themselves? They gripe about what the Christians do all the time yet do very little themselves.

The organizations already exist. The Red Cross, food banks, the National Guard, it isn't like we need yet another group covering the same ground, especially if they're only in it for the attention.

Doesn't seem at all Christ-like to say "look at me I'm spending money and using my time to help people but THEY aren't". Where are all the book clubs and their flood relief, where are all the militia derps and their truck loads of water.

An absurd argument from the git go. Millions of Christians are doing absolutely nothing to help anyone, where are they.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

Then why can't they organize and actually do a little good themselves? They gripe about what the Christians do all the time yet do very little themselves.
Wrong.

Those free from faith appropriately and accurately admonish Christians when, as a consequence of Christian arrogance and hate, Christians seek to disadvantage those whom they disapprove of through force of law.

Or when Christians seek to codify religious dogma in secular law in violation of the Establishment Clause, or otherwise violate settled, accepted First Amendment jurisprudence reflecting the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

Indeed, if Christians simply respected the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the beliefs of others – including those free from faith – no one would need to ‘gripe’ about Christians.

And it’s not just those free from faith who are tired of the arrogance and hate practiced by many Christians, other persons of faith are likewise fed up with Christian arrogance and hate.

Because atheism isn't an organization or a religion, despite what some may say. They'd probably volunteer or contribute to the Red Cross.

Plenty of Atheists and agnostics helping in Louisiana. . You're right about one thing though. They generally don't start their own clubs and do things as a group.

Doesn't seem at all Christ-like to say "look at me I'm spending money and using my time to help people but THEY aren't". Where are all the book clubs and their flood relief, where are all the militia derps and their truck loads of water.

An absurd argument from the git go. Millions of Christians are doing absolutely nothing to help anyone, where are they.

Like I asked, where are the atheists and agnostics. I agree many Christians are not assisting but far far more of them are than are atheists and agnostics.

Doesn't seem at all Christ-like to say "look at me I'm spending money and using my time to help people but THEY aren't".

.... which is precisely what you are doing.

Plenty of Atheists and agnostics helping in Louisiana. . You're right about one thing though. They generally don't start their own clubs and do things as a group.

Link?

Doesn't seem at all Christ-like to say "look at me I'm spending money and using my time to help people but THEY aren't".

Doesn't seem human like to simply sit by and attack those folks who are helping out either.

Because atheism isn't an organization or a religion, despite what some may say. They'd probably volunteer or contribute to the Red Cross.

As do Christians contribute to the Red Cross and other organizations. Not a good response.

Wrong.

Those free from faith appropriately and accurately admonish Christians when, as a consequence of Christian arrogance and hate, Christians seek to disadvantage those whom they disapprove of through force of law.

Or when Christians seek to codify religious dogma in secular law in violation of the Establishment Clause, or otherwise violate settled, accepted First Amendment jurisprudence reflecting the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

Indeed, if Christians simply respected the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the beliefs of others – including those free from faith – no one would need to ‘gripe’ about Christians.

And it’s not just those free from faith who are tired of the arrogance and hate practiced by many Christians, other persons of faith are likewise fed up with Christian arrogance and hate.

And your political and hate tirade has exactly what to do with helping out the flood victims?

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

How is that my miserable friend? It is the truth and can easily be verified by a simple search.

Lay off the vodka until at least noon. What you said makes no sense at all.

The organizations already exist. The Red Cross, food banks, the National Guard, it isn't like we need yet another group covering the same ground, especially if they're only in it for the attention.

Yes and these are heavily supported by Christians as well. It is however, the Churches who respond the quickest.

Doesn't seem human like to simply sit by and attack those folks who are helping out either.
Which is why it's so disappointing to see you thumpers denigrating those with no need or desire to promote their religious agenda who actively assist their friends, neighbors or those who contribute to relief agencies without the need to score points with their respective gods.

Lay off the vodka until at least noon. What you said makes no sense at all.
You're right. My comment was unintentionally posted after yours.

Forum List

Back