When you lose faith....

what brings you back?

When things go in such a way that I get off track with my faith, I get angry with God, or I feel like I cannot communicate with Him, I will usually be in that state for a day or so, then God just gets close and gives me a great bug hug (so to speak). I find myself realizing that He really is still there, and ready to help me out of my mess.

Then I agree with Him that I have been a jerk, ask for forgiveness, and He hands me a special blessing.

In a really loving and personal relationship, that is what happens.

Thanks be to God.

what brings you back?
Hopefully you don't get it back or you go:
quaker_definition_logo.jpg

what brings you back?

It changes, and can be a combination of things. I do find myself often looking at pics I have scattered around my home of cherished family members, some of whom have passed away. Between my kids, and those I've respected and admired who have given me great advice throughout my life, they all keep me inspired and aware of how much I have to be thankful for.

I remember the experiences I've had. I can't deny the hand of God when I see it.

I look at the history of the world and see the hand of God at work constantly.

I pray for strength at those times and for more faith. And the Lord answers.

When you never had faith?

Never in anyone or anything at all?

My faith isn't organized...its still held within something I can't really touch though. I believe in the heart of people in general, that there's something reachable in everyone. A little more, but it boils down to that. That's why my answer was spite. For SPITE I will believe that everyone has that SPARK that makes them special, and makes them care about some little one... or thing, or principle that makes other people important enough to them to think twice, maybe even three times, before doing wrong to someone else for personal gain, or just to be mean, and that many more people than are publicized choose to do right by people even if it costs them. That's why I say for spite, or perhaps IN spite, of what I often see.

To spit in the eye of mans inhumanity to man, I will die believing in humanity.

Sometimes, I just have to...just for spite.

Often enough for comfort, humans prove me right.

I remember the experiences I've had. I can't deny the hand of God when I see it.

I look at the history of the world and see the hand of God at work constantly.

I pray for strength at those times and for more faith. And the Lord answers.

I've often prayed for patience. I'm kind of sick of that. I'm praying for strength from now on, and luck.

Forum List

Back