When will we put LGBTQ issues behind us.?

President Trump will put the LGBT issue behind us alright. Right into the fucking shitcan, where it belongs. The first step will be overturning that ridiculous gays in the military bullshit. Obama and his team of idiots have been using our brave men and women to experiment with their sick social experiments, much like we exposed troops to radiation in the 1940s. After he rids the military of the fudge packers, it's out into the civilian world. I realize rounding up all of these degenerates for transfer to GITMO is a stretch, but it should be a point worth considering.

Ignorance . . . exhibit A. :D

As somebody pointed out earlier in the thread it will die out over time. It is generally a generational thing.
The constitutional issue is a red herring.
You only have to read some of the comments on this thread to see that the opponents of decency do not see gay people as "normal". From that it is a short hop to denying them the rights that everybody else enjoys.
Once you have de-humanised people then you can pretty much do anything you want to them.I believe that there are several historical precedents to that.
The religious angle is laughable. The Bible has harsh words for many things but I cant recall adulterers being refused service in a cake shop. Its just bigotry.
I suspect that these people have led sheltered lives in out of the way places. Gays from those places have probably gravitated to more diverse communities to escape the poison.
I dont know if it is the same in the US but in the UK we have laws to root out these people from positions in which they can exercise power over Gay people.
Should homophobic teachers be trusted with educating our youth ? Absolutely not.
The problem is people like you feel morally superior and what you think should be the standard for all. Nobody dehumanized gays, you made that up to try to buttress your emotional appeal.

Contrary to your beliefs, there really is a normal. Look around. Gays and transgenders are a very small minority. You have laws to root people out who can exercise power over homosexuals? What does that even mean? A religious litmus test? Sounds like something in Cuba, not the UK.
Nope,you are wrong. I can buy a cake anywhere I want to.So why cant gay people ?
They can. But like someone celebrating their three mistresses someone may refuse to help commemorate the occasion. There's nothing in the constitution to prevent such freedoms, that's why areas have forced accommodations laws onto citizens.

The error is all yours.
Why do you need to create a ridiculous scenario to support the unsupporable ? Oh..................
A man with more than one woman is a ridiculous scenario? You're nearly brain dead.

As somebody pointed out earlier in the thread it will die out over time. It is generally a generational thing.
You only have to read some of the comments on this thread to see that the opponents of decency do not see gay people as "normal". From that it is a short hop to denying them the rights that everybody else enjoys.
Once you have de-humanised people then you can pretty much do anything you want to them.I believe that there are several historical precedents to that.
The religious angle is laughable. The Bible has harsh words for many things but I cant recall adulterers being refused service in a cake shop. Its just bigotry.
I suspect that these people have led sheltered lives in out of the way places. Gays from those places have probably gravitated to more diverse communities to escape the poison.
I dont know if it is the same in the US but in the UK we have laws to root out these people from positions in which they can exercise power over Gay people.
Should homophobic teachers be trusted with educating our youth ? Absolutely not.

Just what America needs - a lecture from a British asshole who has a Muslim in every nook and cranny in what was ONCE a great nation -
Your fucked-up government has not only disarmed everyone, they've taxed assholes like you into oblivion. Your nation is one we DO NOT aspire to be, asshole, but thanks for your idiotic input.

I don't think Trumps going to do any of that. He's pretty much said that while he thinks homosexuality is a sin, it's not the governments place to be nosing around in the peoples bedrooms...

We are fresh off of a victory in Georgia where the governor vetoed a homophobic and quite frankly stupid bill that targeted LGBT people in the name of ”religious liberty” He caved to pressure from local businesses while never acknowledging the true intent of the bill.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/religious-liberty-bill-could-get-surprise-vote-wed/nqmkF/

However, the anti-equality forces are still hard at work in the south and elsewhere. They are spending countless hours and millions of dollars that could be spent on addressing the real- instead of imagined problems facing the nation. Cases in point:

North Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/voices-of-north-carolina-the-transgender-community-speaks-out

This week, HRC is lifting up the voices of North Carolinians whose lives are affected by the dangerous and discriminatory bill (HB 2) that North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory signed into law last week.

The first of those stories is from Madeline Goss, an openly transgender woman from Raleigh and former HRC Board of Governors member. Last week, she testified about the harmful impact HB 2 would have on her life and the transgender community.

“I can't use the men's room. I won't go back to the men's room. It is unsafe for me there. People like me die in there," Goss said.

On March 23, Governor McCrory signed into law an outrageous and unprecedented anti-LGBT bill that eliminates existing municipal non-discrimination protections for LGBT people; prevents such provisions from being passed by cities in the future; and forces transgender students in public schools to use restrooms and other facilities inconsistent with their gender identity, putting 4.5 billion dollars in federal funding under Title IX at risk. Read more about how this bill puts federal funding at risk here.

And South Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/south-carolina-senate-committee-advances-anti-marriage-equality-bill

Last week, a handful of conservative state Senators in South Carolina voted to advance S.31, a bill calling on the US Congress to amend the United States Constitution to allow states to roll back marriage equality on a state by state basis, but ultimately the bill has little chance of passing this session.

S.31 was introduced last year by conservative Senator Larry Grooms, but the bill has been stuck in limbo in the Senate Judiciary Committee since last April. Finally, after months of skipping over the bill - a clear sign that committee members have no appetite for it - S.31 was amended and advanced with a vote of 17 to 3. HRC thanks the three Democrats on the committee, Senators Sabb, Bright-Matthews, and Hutto, for voting against this bill.

Seeking to undermine the historic marriage equality ruling last year by the Supreme Court of the United States ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, S.31 calls on Congress to host a constitutional convention to amend the Constitution of the United States to allow all states to determine their own definitions of marriage. If the Constitution were to be amended in this way, it would give states the ability to roll back marriage equality if they oppose it,, effectively stripping away years of progress and placing millions of same-sex marriages in jeopardy.

Where will it end? When can we get over it and move on to other things? To come together as a nation and, yes, make America Great by being a nation that is all inclusive and accepting of all people? When can we get past this religious and fear based bigotry and start treating our neighbors with the dignity that they deserve? When!!??

I'll tell you when.. When there are no legislated protected dicks in my daughter's locker room... That's when...
First of all, if those transgender people still have dicks, they have no interest in your daughter. But more importantly, and what seems to be beyond your intellectual capacity to grasp, is that the issues that I raised go far beyond transgender and locker room matters.

Then stop lumping LGBTQYJ issues into a single bag. You think because progress is made on "gay rights" that all these other nasty slaps in the face get to ride in for FREE? Nope.. Different issues.

I don't care if the dick is an unfortunate appendage at 15 yrs of age.. Should REMAIN in the boys room until legal age. 1/2 the "gay" teens we ever knew are now in traditional marraige..
You seem to be the one lumping things together. Are you confused about how transgender and gay are different things? You also do not seem to understand that not everyone can be neatly categorized into straight and gay, that there are many who are bi sexual( which might account for you unsourced "statistic" about gay kids who are now in "traditional" marriages, and that sexual orientation and gender identity are -and human sexuality in general- are extremely complex and may well be related.

Gay people pay taxes and they are American citizens. No, you do not have any right to discriminate against them when it comes to business matters. Like I said earlier, if you want to be a bigoted ass in your personal life, that is still your right.

We are fresh off of a victory in Georgia where the governor vetoed a homophobic and quite frankly stupid bill that targeted LGBT people in the name of ”religious liberty” He caved to pressure from local businesses while never acknowledging the true intent of the bill.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/religious-liberty-bill-could-get-surprise-vote-wed/nqmkF/

However, the anti-equality forces are still hard at work in the south and elsewhere. They are spending countless hours and millions of dollars that could be spent on addressing the real- instead of imagined problems facing the nation. Cases in point:

North Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/voices-of-north-carolina-the-transgender-community-speaks-out

This week, HRC is lifting up the voices of North Carolinians whose lives are affected by the dangerous and discriminatory bill (HB 2) that North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory signed into law last week.

The first of those stories is from Madeline Goss, an openly transgender woman from Raleigh and former HRC Board of Governors member. Last week, she testified about the harmful impact HB 2 would have on her life and the transgender community.

“I can't use the men's room. I won't go back to the men's room. It is unsafe for me there. People like me die in there," Goss said.

On March 23, Governor McCrory signed into law an outrageous and unprecedented anti-LGBT bill that eliminates existing municipal non-discrimination protections for LGBT people; prevents such provisions from being passed by cities in the future; and forces transgender students in public schools to use restrooms and other facilities inconsistent with their gender identity, putting 4.5 billion dollars in federal funding under Title IX at risk. Read more about how this bill puts federal funding at risk here.

And South Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/south-carolina-senate-committee-advances-anti-marriage-equality-bill

Last week, a handful of conservative state Senators in South Carolina voted to advance S.31, a bill calling on the US Congress to amend the United States Constitution to allow states to roll back marriage equality on a state by state basis, but ultimately the bill has little chance of passing this session.

S.31 was introduced last year by conservative Senator Larry Grooms, but the bill has been stuck in limbo in the Senate Judiciary Committee since last April. Finally, after months of skipping over the bill - a clear sign that committee members have no appetite for it - S.31 was amended and advanced with a vote of 17 to 3. HRC thanks the three Democrats on the committee, Senators Sabb, Bright-Matthews, and Hutto, for voting against this bill.

Seeking to undermine the historic marriage equality ruling last year by the Supreme Court of the United States ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, S.31 calls on Congress to host a constitutional convention to amend the Constitution of the United States to allow all states to determine their own definitions of marriage. If the Constitution were to be amended in this way, it would give states the ability to roll back marriage equality if they oppose it,, effectively stripping away years of progress and placing millions of same-sex marriages in jeopardy.

Where will it end? When can we get over it and move on to other things? To come together as a nation and, yes, make America Great by being a nation that is all inclusive and accepting of all people? When can we get past this religious and fear based bigotry and start treating our neighbors with the dignity that they deserve? When!!??

I'll tell you when.. When there are no legislated protected dicks in my daughter's locker room... That's when...
First of all, if those transgender people still have dicks, they have no interest in your daughter. But more importantly, and what seems to be beyond your intellectual capacity to grasp, is that the issues that I raised go far beyond transgender and locker room matters.

Then stop lumping LGBTQYJ issues into a single bag. You think because progress is made on "gay rights" that all these other nasty slaps in the face get to ride in for FREE? Nope.. Different issues.

I don't care if the dick is an unfortunate appendage at 15 yrs of age.. Should REMAIN in the boys room until legal age. 1/2 the "gay" teens we ever knew are now in traditional marraige..
You seem to be the one lumping things together. Are you confused about how transgender and gay are different things? You also do not seem to understand that not everyone can be neatly categorized into straight and gay, that there are many who are bi sexual( which might account for you unsourced "statistic" about gay kids who are now in "traditional" marriages, and that sexual orientation and gender identity are -and human sexuality in general- are extremely complex and may well be related.

He probably doesn't suck dicks for a living like you do to have a deep-rooted understanding of the difference between transgenders and gays.

Governor Deal saw what happened in Indiana and he decided to shut the radical rightwing nonsensical bill down with a quickness!

Billions for Georgia were on the line. Smart guy.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Governor Deal saw what happened in Indiana and he decided to shut the radical rightwing nonsensical bill down with a quickness!

Billions for Georgia were on the line. Smart guy.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So you agree it was political and financial and not common sense. Thank you

The problem is people like you feel morally superior and what you think should be the standard for all. Nobody dehumanized gays, you made that up to try to buttress your emotional appeal.

Contrary to your beliefs, there really is a normal. Look around. Gays and transgenders are a very small minority. You have laws to root people out who can exercise power over homosexuals? What does that even mean? A religious litmus test? Sounds like something in Cuba, not the UK.
Nope,you are wrong. I can buy a cake anywhere I want to.So why cant gay people ?

You can't buy a cake anywhere you want. You can only buy a cake from people who are willing to sell you one.

If you open up a public accommodation business, then you'd better be prepared to serve the "public." That includes "the gays." :)

I'm always a little bemused by people who strike this pose. It's essentially just saying "Do as you are ordered!". Ironically, it's usually coming from people who don't like to think of themselves as authoritarians.

Those who push Identity Politics will never stop as long as they perceive political advantage in dividing people.

Specific issue irrelevant.

Serving everyone equally is not identity politics.
It's not about serving everyone equally. That's not, at all, what these laws demand. If they did, they would be even more insane and intrusive.

Gay people are just people. No reason to be afraid about making them a cake unless you are a little bit on the loopy side.

No, your religious beliefs do not afford you any right to be discriminatory when it comes to your business practices.

I agree - it's not religious beliefs that afford you that right, it's basic freedom of association - the freedom to choose who you do business with, and who you refuse to do business with, for any reason whatsoever.

Gay people pay taxes and they are American citizens. No, you do not have any right to discriminate against them when it comes to business matters. Like I said earlier, if you want to be a bigoted ass in your personal life, that is still your right.

What does paying taxes have to do with it? Government has to be neutral, and government can impose neutrality when there is a compelling government interest due to some economic harm, but hurt feelings are not harm.

The whole concept of PA laws wasn't to protect the feelings of blacks, it was to end economic and political discrimination that is the end goal of all those lunch counter, water fountain, movie theater, and bus laws.

A baker not wanting to bake a cake does not even come close to that standard.

Those who push Identity Politics will never stop as long as they perceive political advantage in dividing people.

The dividers amongst us are usually the religious folks.
So you don't see the American Left dividing people into grievance groups of skin color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income.

Okay.

How are they dividing people? By trying to make the ignorant amongst us see that they are still PEOPLE and HUMANS who deserve to be treated as such? I'm never going to buy into this type of ignorance.

Identity politics isn't compatible with individual rights. It rejects the notion of inalienable, universal rights, equally held by all citizens, and replaces them with group privileges. Everybody gets a different deal from government depending on what special interest group they belong to. That's how it divides us.

So you don't see the American Left dividing people into grievance groups of skin color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income.

Okay.

How are they dividing people? By trying to make the ignorant amongst us see that they are still PEOPLE and HUMANS who deserve to be treated as such? I'm never going to buy into this type of ignorance.

Identity politics isn't compatible with individual rights. It rejects the notion of inalienable, universal rights, equally held by all citizens, and replaces them with group privileges. Everybody gets a different deal from government depending on what special interest group they belong to. That's how it divides us.
Bravo.

To take it one step further, it also creates competition between those disparate groups for various favors, intensifying the divisions even more.

What does paying taxes have to do with it? Government has to be neutral, and government can impose neutrality when there is a compelling government interest due to some economic harm, but hurt feelings are not harm.

The whole concept of PA laws wasn't to protect the feelings of blacks, it was to end economic and political discrimination that is the end goal of all those lunch counter, water fountain, movie theater, and bus laws.

States have determined that it is in fact economically harmful to discriminate.

Okay.

The gay people pay taxes and are US citizens, therefore, there is no "right" for you to discriminate when doing business. If the government was forcing you to have personal relationships with these people, then you might have a point.

Sorry but have no right to discriminate when it comes to doing business against certain GROUPS of people because of your religious beliefs.

Perhaps this might help you to understand the laws and why they exist.

Civil Rights Act of 1964: Public Accommodation

Okay.

Bravo.

To take it one step further, it also creates competition between those disparate groups for various favors, intensifying the divisions even more.
It also minimizes all those unwilling to march to the politically correct drum beat. It's how all tyrannies are formed.

Forum List

Back