When Will We Ban Assault Hatchets?

kwc57

BOHICA Obama
Jul 13, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Assault hatchets kill children, not people. When will we ban assault hatchets?

Fair question.

Man accused of killing 9-year-old son with hatchet had custody despite record of violence - Sacramento City News - The Sacramento Bee

Nine months out of prison, Phillip Hernandez wrote an impassioned plea to Sacramento's family court to let him try fatherhood.

He described being a "fully and utterly changed" man with a desire to "correct past wrongs." He talked about going to work and saving money and buying a home for himself and his boys, whom he hadn't seen in three years.

"Because ultimately, they are what matter, my view of life and what is important in it is family," he wrote to the court in July 2008, asking for visitation rights. "Please hear my plea and help me be there. … I want to give them what I didn't have – a father."

The words hardly sound like those of the man portrayed in earlier criminal court records as abusive of his wife, disobedient of the law and defiant of the court. And most starkly, they stand in contrast to the depiction of Hernandez by Sacramento police as a child killer.

Police allege that Hernandez used a hatchet to brutally attack his youngest son, 9-year-old Matthew Raymond Hernandez, as he slept on the couch of their South Natomas home Tuesday night. The violence was witnessed by the boy's great-grandmother, who made two hysterical 911 calls.

Officers arrived to find the fourth-grader dead and his 12-year-old brother, who was home at the time of the slaying, unharmed. Hernandez, 36, was arrested about a mile away.

He is scheduled to be arraigned today on one charge of murder.

Detectives, relatives and community members have sought answers in the aftermath of the attack, to no avail. Hernandez is being held in the Sacramento County Main Jail's psychiatric ward, but no one has alleged that he is mentally ill.........

Read more here: Man accused of killing 9-year-old son with hatchet had custody despite record of violence - Sacramento City News - The Sacramento Bee

The take away from this thread is not the ridiculous one kwc57 suggests even in sarcasm. The take away is the Congress, and those members who voted not to fund VAWA, need to wake up and fund VAWA, and fund 200,000 police officers/deputy sheriffs across the nation.

The take away from this thread is not the ridiculous one kwc57 suggests even in sarcasm. The take away is the Congress, and those members who voted not to fund VAWA, need to wake up and fund VAWA, and fund 200,000 police officers/deputy sheriffs across the nation.

If you want to discuss violence against women instead of banning assault hatchets used to kill children, go start your own thread.

Offenders released from prison for crimes of violence need to be supervised in the community for the maximum number of years they could have been if sentenced to the maximum term for their specific crime. State and local PO's need to have caseloads allowing them to monitor such offenders in the community and courts and parole boards needs to hold offenders accountable when they violate the terms and conditions of their release from custody.

Why did the Republicans try to block the re-authorization?
Anyone ever come up with a reason?

Offenders released from prison for crimes of violence need to be supervised in the community for the maximum number of years they could have been if sentenced to the maximum term for their specific crime. State and local PO's need to have caseloads allowing them to monitor such offenders in the community and courts and parole boards needs to hold offenders accountable when they violate the terms and conditions of their release from custody.

Yes, but when will Congress take up the long needed task of banning an assault weapon used for killing?

7NEWS - Hatchet and metal pipe used in alleged attempted murder during argument between man and girlfriend - Archive Story

Ex-boyfriend killed with hatchet during assault | Amarillo Globe-News

Hatchet, knife, jack handle used in Oro Grande assault | oro, grande, jack - Victorville Daily Press

Fergus man arrested for hatchet assault | The Austin Daily Herald

Yarmouthport Men Arrested in Alleged Hatchet, Knife Assault - Barnstable-Hyannis, MA Patch

$tomahawk.jpg

Shaman, I'm sure that whatever you had to say, it was bold and colorful.......but alas, I did not see it. You are the only member from any board that I have on ignore because you refuse to quit posting in your "style".

when someone takes out a room full of people with a hatchet you'll have something to talk about.

until then you look ridiculous.

when someone takes out a room full of people with a hatchet you'll have something to talk about.

A room full of people? How about a building full of people. This happened six blocks from my office. 168 people died. Some I knew. Fertilizer and racing fuel were used. Shouldn't they be banned?

A room full of people? How about a building full of people. This happened six blocks from my office. 168 people died. Some I knew. Fertilizer and racing fuel were used. Shouldn't they be banned?

again, this type of argument is silly.

fertilizer and racing fuel have primary uses other than bomb making. but you know that.

again, this type of argument is silly.

fertilizer and racing fuel have primary uses other than bomb making. but you know that.

and guns obvioulsy have other purposes than murdering people. each gun in the USA only kills .000028 people.

I think the chickens have been lobbying for this legislation for quite a while.
They'll be overjoyed to hear they now have a backer on USMB

Forum List

Back