When the White House deleted the Tweet about Social Security increase because of Biden leadership, they violated FOIA laws

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Last edited:
When it happened I saw that point brought up on another forum.

In fact no official .gov person is supposed to delete anything they post on social media.

At least folks are savvy enough now to save screenshots so it's still out there. ;)

So Biden admin can just violate laws with no accountablility?

Huh….interesting.

The White House cannot destroy anything they publish. FOIA violation.

This admin has no respect for any laws.

How ahould this be handled?
Do not know about what some one said on Twitter, but As the G.O.P has no policy on Social Security or Medicare, You have to go look at the Republican study committee policy proposals that they have released. They center on raising the the age for both S.S AND MEDICARE. With the direction the country seems to be going, most of the aged & over fifty population will be needing at least some help, imagine the mess with millions of old people either back living with family or joining the street population. That is not FISCAL RESPONSIBLITY.

Do not know about what some one said on Twitter, but As the G.O.P has no policy on Social Security or Medicare, You have to go look at the Republican study committee policy proposals that they have released. They center on raising the the age for both S.S AND MEDICARE. With the direction the country seems to be going, most of the aged & over fifty population will be needing at least some help, imagine the mess with millions of old people either back living with family or joining the street population. That is not FISCAL RESPONSIBLITY.
Speaking of FISCAL RESPONSIBLITY....Can you even fathom if SS is phased out over time how the dumb shits of working age today would fail at the opportunity to invest and grow the money they would have paid into SS to get them through retirement?

Fucke 'em, I got mine.

Speaking of FISCAL RESPONSIBLITY....Can you even fathom if SS is phased out over time
I’m 73 years old and I receive a monthly check for $2,229. It is in my view the most successful government program ever enacted. Today the Republicon’s are trying to find a way to get their hands on this money for self-serving reasons.

Our federal government has borrowed over a trillion dollars from the SSTF and still the SSA has a positive balance of $2,852 billion.

The Social Security trust funds are financial accounts in the U.S. Treasury. There are two separate Social Security trust funds, the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) Trust Fund pays retirement and survivors benefits, and the Disability Insurance (DI) Trust Fund pays disability benefits.

Social Security: The Trust Funds
Updated June 29, 2022

Projections show the OASI fund remaining solvent until 2034,

whereas the DI fund is projected to remain solvent throughout the 75-year projection period

The Trustees project that the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) Trust Fund will be able to pay full benefits on a timely basis until 2034

The accumulated holdings of the Social Security trust funds totaled $2,852 billion at the end of calendar year 2021.

https://sgp.fas.org/crs/misc/RL33028.pdf
:)-

The White House cannot destroy anything they publish. FOIA violation.

This admin has no respect for any laws.

How should this be handled?
Sounds to me like they are purposely deleting classified information for political purposes. Merrick Garland should get right on this.

Seems like a silly thing to be upset about. Trump tweeted all kinds of dumb shit and I always defended his ability to do so because twitter is not an official Whitehouse outlet

Forum List

Back