When the virus is no deadlier than seasonal flu, the democrats will turn on a dime...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Once we are through this....and the death rate is no higher than the seasonal flu.......the funny thing to watch will be how the democrats in the press will turn on a dime...

They are now attacking Trump saying he isn't doing enough.....when the truth comes out and this isn't that bad a virus......they will then say.....see, we really knew it wasn't bad and he over reacted....

Stanford Professor: Data Indicates Weā€™re Severely Overreacting To Coronavirus

In an analysis published Tuesday, Stanfordā€™s John P.A. Ioannidis ā€” co-director of the universityā€™s Meta-Research Innovation Center and professor of medicine, biomedical data science, statistics, and epidemiology and population health ā€” suggests that the response to the coronavirus pandemic may be ā€œa fiasco in the makingā€ because we are making seismic decisions based on ā€œutterly unreliableā€ data. The data we do have, Ioannidis explains, indicates that we are likely severely overreacting.

ā€œThe current coronavirus disease, Covid-19, has been called a once-in-a-century pandemic. But it may also be a once-in-a-century evidence fiasco,ā€ Ioannidis writes in an opinion piece published by STAT on Tuesday.

ā€œDraconian countermeasures have been adopted in many countries. If the pandemic dissipates ā€” either on its own or because of these measures ā€” short-term extreme social distancing and lockdowns may be bearable,ā€ the statistician writes. ā€œHow long, though, should measures like these be continued if the pandemic churns across the globe unabated? How can policymakers tell if they are doing more good than harm?ā€
------

Ioannidis then zooms in on the ā€œone situationā€ where ā€œan entire, closed population was testedā€: the Diamond Princess cruise shipā€™s quarantined passengers. While the fatality rate was 1.0%, he points out, the population was largely elderly, the most at-risk demographic. Projected out onto the age structure of the U.S. population, he calculates, the death rate is more like 0.125%, with a range of 0.025% to 0.625% based on the sample size:

Projecting the Diamond Princess mortality rate onto the age structure of the U.S. population, the death rate among people infected with Covid-19 would be 0.125%. But since this estimate is based on extremely thin data ā€” there were just seven deaths among the 700 infected passengers and crew ā€” the real death rate could stretch from five times lower (0.025%) to five times higher (0.625%). It is also possible that some of the passengers who were infected might die later, and that tourists may have different frequencies of chronic diseases ā€” a risk factor for worse outcomes with SARS-CoV-2 infection ā€” than the general population. Adding these extra sources of uncertainty, reasonable estimates for the case fatality ratio in the general U.S. population vary from 0.05% to 1%.

Once we are through this....and the death rate is no higher than the seasonal flu.......the funny thing to watch will be how the democrats in the press will turn on a dime...

They are now attacking Trump saying he isn't doing enough.....when the truth comes out and this isn't that bad a virus......they will then say.....see, we really knew it wasn't bad and he over reacted....

Stanford Professor: Data Indicates Weā€™re Severely Overreacting To Coronavirus

In an analysis published Tuesday, Stanfordā€™s John P.A. Ioannidis ā€” co-director of the universityā€™s Meta-Research Innovation Center and professor of medicine, biomedical data science, statistics, and epidemiology and population health ā€” suggests that the response to the coronavirus pandemic may be ā€œa fiasco in the makingā€ because we are making seismic decisions based on ā€œutterly unreliableā€ data. The data we do have, Ioannidis explains, indicates that we are likely severely overreacting.

ā€œThe current coronavirus disease, Covid-19, has been called a once-in-a-century pandemic. But it may also be a once-in-a-century evidence fiasco,ā€ Ioannidis writes in an opinion piece published by STAT on Tuesday.

ā€œDraconian countermeasures have been adopted in many countries. If the pandemic dissipates ā€” either on its own or because of these measures ā€” short-term extreme social distancing and lockdowns may be bearable,ā€ the statistician writes. ā€œHow long, though, should measures like these be continued if the pandemic churns across the globe unabated? How can policymakers tell if they are doing more good than harm?ā€
------

Ioannidis then zooms in on the ā€œone situationā€ where ā€œan entire, closed population was testedā€: the Diamond Princess cruise shipā€™s quarantined passengers. While the fatality rate was 1.0%, he points out, the population was largely elderly, the most at-risk demographic. Projected out onto the age structure of the U.S. population, he calculates, the death rate is more like 0.125%, with a range of 0.025% to 0.625% based on the sample size:

Projecting the Diamond Princess mortality rate onto the age structure of the U.S. population, the death rate among people infected with Covid-19 would be 0.125%. But since this estimate is based on extremely thin data ā€” there were just seven deaths among the 700 infected passengers and crew ā€” the real death rate could stretch from five times lower (0.025%) to five times higher (0.625%). It is also possible that some of the passengers who were infected might die later, and that tourists may have different frequencies of chronic diseases ā€” a risk factor for worse outcomes with SARS-CoV-2 infection ā€” than the general population. Adding these extra sources of uncertainty, reasonable estimates for the case fatality ratio in the general U.S. population vary from 0.05% to 1%.
The CHESS game continues. We the American people are the pawns.

I just learned that there may be two strains of this virus one is severe and the other is mild causing moderate symptoms...the moderate strain is what we are finding in the US for the most part and in Europe like in Italy they are afflicted with the more sever virus....
This seasons seasonal flu was a bad flu...people that got it say it was the worse flu they ever had and they had a bad cough for weeks after they recovered...

WHat a moronic thread. We, of course, can lower the death rate by doing what the experts recommend. Damn we are a stupid country. How embarrassing.

A huge investigation needs to be conducted as to how much involvement the Democrats are involved in hyping this virus, and we must watch their negaivity that rises way above what is actually going on in reality.

Just watch how negative leftist news channels are, and how they are hyping this thing before the facts are in to back it all up. I believe this is their Waterloo, and they are trying to capitalize on it huge. We are out of the flu season almost, and most are getting allergies from pollen etc now. Creating fear like this is un-American thing, and I'm beginning to wonder if they have finally found something Trump can't fight them on. It is something invisible that can only be guessed on as far as the impact it will have on a nation of 330,000,000 people. But if you listen to leftist news, we are all gonna die.

Bullcrap.

We must not be cowards, and we must live on as a free and strong people regardless of such threats always. We can't let this thing destroy us. Period.

We must not be cowards. Can't say this enough. We must work through it like we do everything, and that means going about our lives as we always have, but being cautious is a given, and practicing healthy standards is of course what we should do, but the reaction to this thing is something different, and it is something that needs to be investigated big time.

I just learned that there may be two strains of this virus one is severe and the other is mild causing moderate symptoms...the moderate strain is what we are finding in the US for the most part and in Europe like in Italy they are afflicted with the more sever virus....
This seasons seasonal flu was a bad flu...people that got it say it was the worse flu they ever had and they had a bad cough for weeks after they recovered...
Yep I had that flu this season, and yep it gave me that cough for a few weeks afterwards. My neighbor had the flu, and the cough, and we never had any contact with them. He just hollared at us across the fence while coughing. LOL.

Look, we should have kept going like we always have, except with instructions on proper hygiene etc, and as people got sick then treat those people of course, and isolate those people for sure, but to shut down a nation over a virus ? You got to be kidding me right ??

Negative leftist news constantly hyping this thing should be a red flag as to what they want out of this thing politically. Just watch it if don't believe me. I can't take but so much of it, then I have to change the channel.

Nobody is going to turn on a dime. Don't bother counting on it. The Democrats and I will credit the media for any good news on keeping the number of victims to a minimum.

Forum List

Back