When The Power Grid Goes Down – And It Will

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
grid+failure.jpg

It is no secret that our power grid is extremely susceptible to a cyber attack or an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) from an enemy attack or a solar event.

Are YOU ready?

Read story @ American Ranger: When The Power Grid Goes Down ? And It Will

For all you Libtards – remember? Glenn Beck's been preaching readiness for years. I know I'm not prepared. Why? Laziness.

grid+failure.jpg

It is no secret that our power grid is extremely susceptible to a cyber attack or an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) from an enemy attack or a solar event.

Are YOU ready?

For all you Libtards – remember? Glenn Beck's been preaching readiness for years. I know I'm not prepared. Why? Laziness.

Real preppers are ready for a lot more than just grid failure.

Better find a dependable source of water and stockpile all the food you can get your hands on. That's a good start.

But we can do it right back to `em...

NSA Director: China can damage US power grid
November 20, 2014: WASHINGTON – The head of the NSA issued a blunt warning Thursday to lawmakers: China can shut down the United States.
The grim forecast came from Admiral Michael Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency and commander of the U.S. Cyber Command. Rogers said he believed China along with “one or two” other countries had the capability to successfully launch a cyber-attack that could shut down the electric grid in parts of the United States.

Rogers reiterated that if the U.S. remains on the defensive, it would be a “losing strategy.” Speaking to the House Intelligence Committee, the NSA director said the cyber threat was “so real,” and that agreeing to an international code, a sort of “laws of law” in the cyber realm is urgent. The possibility of such cyberattacks by U.S. adversaries has been widely known, but never confirmed publicly by the nation's top cyber official.

At a House hearing, Rogers says U.S. adversaries are performing electronic "reconnaissance," on a regular basis so that they can be in a position to attack the industrial control systems that run everything from chemical facilities to water treatment plants. Outside experts say the U.S. Cyber Command also has that capability, which in theory should amount to mutual deterrence.

NSA Director China can damage US power grid Fox News

grid+failure.jpg

Are YOU ready?

Was a thing on CNN's 'crawl' the other day about cyber attacks on domestic power companies. 79 successful hacks a day think it was.

Like to think the scene from Matrix 2 or 3 where Trinity shuts down an entire city from one terminal isn't possible, but that's the worry.

All China has to do is watch Obama collapse the grid by turning off enough power to overload it.

Plenty of ammo to obtain the things you run out of? With an attitude like that, your main chance is of decorating a tree or lamp post.

grid+failure.jpg

Are YOU ready?

Yeah, then lets see the plan from the right to cure that problem, how much money are they planning to allocate for the necessary infrastructure improvements?

Forum List

Back