When Reagan Gave Borrowed Money To The Wealthy..........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cammmpbell, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    ................in the form of tax cuts and ruined the PATCO union was that the beginning of the end for our middle class?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,410
    Reagan never gave borrowed money to the wealthy. Negged for lying.

3. tjvh

tjvh Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +916
    Bush isn't enough...Now you are blaming Reagan? :lol:

4. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Your naivity is overwhelming. He gave tax cuts to the wealthy and began to quadruple the national debt. Borrowing and funneling the money to the wealthy is exactly what he did.

Bill Clinton came along, raised taxes and straightened things out and then old dumbassed George Bush cut taxes twice, started two wars and doubled the national debt again. You can't cut your income and spend more at the same time. That shit just won't work. Do you run your personal business that way? If you do you are a fool.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  5. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,258
    Do you even understand how the tax system works?

Allowing someone to keep more their money is not giving borrowed money to them......

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. there4eyeM

there4eyeM unlicensed metaphysician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,285
    Attacking the RR icon always brings out the bitterest elements. I have never understood this idolatry, but there are those who think he was great. Well, he did represent those behind him very effectively and, as they are identical with the interests behind 'W', the same things were done again only on a more spectacular scale. Pre-emptive war indeed! How un-American can you get?
    Of course, the Democrats, in all their glory and courage, went right along with these boobs. The two parties form a dictatorship that has to be thrown out if America is ever to be restored. I'm in serious doubt that will ever happen.

7. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,053
    In fact, there is a sound mathematical argument that Reagan's policies did exactly that.

1. The deficits did increase dramatically during the Reagan presidency, so borrowing more money during the Reagan presidency is a fact.

2. The effective federal tax rate on the top 1% was about 35% in 1980. It had fallen to about 30% by 1988, so real tax savings for the wealthiest Americans during the Reagan presidency is also a fact.

If, therefore, the wealthy paid lower taxes during the Reagan presidency, but the government fell short of the revenue it needed during the same period, and thus had to borrow,

it is mathematically sound to say that the government borrowed money to give to the wealthy when Reagan was president.

8. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,053
    Yes it is unless you reject the idea that the people are responsible for their government's spending.

Take it to a smaller level. If your school district builds a new high school, let's say, for 10 million dollars, which represents a 10 million dollar increase over the last school budget, but,

your district doesn't raise school taxes, but borrows the money instead,

the taxpayers have been allowed to keep their share of that building cost only because borrowed money was used instead of tax money.

No one has ever paid back the money borrowed during the Reagan years. That debt just keeps getting rolled over, and new debt is added on top of it. The deficit spending during the Reagan years will never be paid off by the taxpayers who lived during the Reagan years.

9. OODA_Loop

OODA_Loop Account Terminated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    I am not voting for Reagan this time.

10. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,410
    Naivity isn't a word. My money doesn't belong to the government, you Marxist pig. Every penny I earn is MINE and when the government cuts taxes that's just less they are stealing from me and everyone else to buy votes from jealous parasites like you.

No shit, Sherlock, yet you support Obama who has done exactly that so shut the fuck up. You have no credibility.