When life hands you lemons.........you make comedy

Leave it to Carol to make a comedy out of a mountainous molehill...............

I didn't know it at the time, but my visiting English friend had legit never seen a cardboard milk carton. Their milk all comes in glass bottles, or at least it did then.

So handing her a carton of milk and watching her quizzical expression was simply hysterical! I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing.

She did, however, do a more credible job than Carol.

(I still love Carol Burnett!)

I didn't know it at the time, but my visiting English friend had legit never seen a cardboard milk carton. Their milk all comes in glass bottles, or at least it did then.

So handing her a carton of milk and watching her quizzical expression was simply hysterical! I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing.

She did, however, do a more credible job than Carol.

(I still love Carol Burnett!)

Yeah, its fun to watch people who have never been to the USA, to sit there and ponder over something, wondering what the hell it is or how to open it. LOL

I feel her pain.....Ever since the wife broke her wrist I've been the "Official Opener of All Things".....Fuck me runnin' some of the stuff she hands me is hard to open.....I've found that my game shears are really coming in handy.

Easy open/close my ass....Cut the whole thing off, fold it over, and use a chip-clip....Done and done. ;)

I feel her pain.....Ever since the wife broke her wrist I've been the "Official Opener of All Things".....Fuck me runnin' some of the stuff she hands me is hard to open.....I've found that my game shears are really coming in handy.

Easy open/close my ass....Cut the whole thing off, fold it over, and use a chip-clip....Done and done. ;)

Yeah. I tend to be one of those people that buys all those gadgets to open things with.
Most of them do a decent job, but others just don't work at all.......or if they do, they don't work very long.

I got a cheap set of jar and bottle openers off Ebay some years ago. I didn't think they would work, but OMG, they actually work!

I got a set, one for large jars and bottles and one for small.

There's a trick to getting them onto the lids, but once you learn that, its easy.

It also has openers for can tabs and soda/beer bottle tops.

190ac121-fbab-466a-9b59-b80858c88225_1.e1704fc70003a1210933868a62e13a48.jpeg

I also keep a pair of Fiscar scissors strictly for the kitchen, for bags and stuff that can be sliced and cut open.

I also keep a pair of Fiscar scissors strictly for the kitchen, for bags and stuff that can be sliced and cut open.
Yeah, Gerber (made by Fiskars) are the ones I use. They make short work of a lot of things.

Best $20-odd bucks you can spend. I must have a half dozer pairs of them stashed around the house an in my vehicles.....The ones in the game bag, kitchen, and work shop bench get the most use.

R.f219795f191247d040f443af440b8a4d

Yeah, Gerber (made by Fiskars) are the ones I use. They make short work of a lot of things.

Best $20-odd bucks you can spend. I must have a half dozer pairs of them stashed around the house an in my vehicles.....The ones in the game bag, kitchen, and work shop bench get the most use.

R.f219795f191247d040f443af440b8a4d

Yes. I have about 10 pairs of good and cheap Fiscars around.
The cheaper ones I use for cutting paper, opening envelopes, cutting stuff that can dull the blades.........

The more expensive ones I have for cutting fabric, or using in the kitchen for cutting up food, etc....

Best money ever spent on a "gadget"!!!

Yes. I have about 10 pairs of good and cheap Fiscars around.
The cheaper ones I use for cutting paper, opening envelopes, cutting stuff that can dull the blades.........

The more expensive ones I have for cutting fabric, or using in the kitchen for cutting up food, etc....

Best money ever spent on a "gadget"!!!
I believe I paid $9.00 when I first started buying them probably 30+ years ago at the local Roses dept store. It's hardly a gadget but a very useful tool that serves well.

I gave them as gifts for years, usually along with a Mora Companion knife.

Yeah. I tend to be one of those people that buys all those gadgets to open things with.
Most of them do a decent job, but others just don't work at all.......or if they do, they don't work very long.

I got a cheap set of jar and bottle openers off Ebay some years ago. I didn't think they would work, but OMG, they actually work!

I got a set, one for large jars and bottles and one for small.

There's a trick to getting them onto the lids, but once you learn that, its easy.

It also has openers for can tabs and soda/beer bottle tops.

190ac121-fbab-466a-9b59-b80858c88225_1.e1704fc70003a1210933868a62e13a48.jpeg

I do a lot of home canning and the USDA says that once you use one of those flat lids and it gets sealed to the jar by the extreme heating and then cooling of the canning process, that flat lid is NOT under any circumstances reusable. I guess this is because breaking that tight seal always causes some warping of the lid.

But guess what!!!!!!!

Amazon product

Works like magic and never warps that lid. All the canners I know now use their lids over and over until they end up not getting good seals.

Hell, I even know some rebel canners that reuse the jars and lids from store-bought jars of spaghetti sauce and the like.

GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You mean the gov'mint is not the be-all and end-all of EVERYTHING anymore?

Forum List

Back