“When law and religion conflict, choices have to be made.”

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Tommy Tainant, Aug 14, 2016.

1. StLucieBengal

StLucieBengal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,253
    What the old ... "It's not every Muslim" excuse? Yes it's not every Muslim.... But even if they don't believe it .... Just sitting there quietly as thy watch it happen is bad as well.

It's a violent and oppressive religion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,717
    What most people you choose to hurl insults are for being a "Muslim sympathizer" are doing is merely standing up for the freedom of religion.

I don't like Islam. I don't like Christianity. I don't like Judaism. I don't like religion at all.

However I'll stand up for people's rights to believe whatever crap they like. Even your right to go around shouting off that people are "Muslim sympathizers". No matter how wrong you are, as long as it doesn't harm or hurt people, then what's the problem?

If Muslims are doing things that are dangerous, then lock them up. If Christians are doing things that are dangerous, then lock them up. That's how the system works.

3. NCC1701

NCC1701 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +992
    how about my basic right to not have the government shove minorities next me in the name of diversity?

4. NCC1701

NCC1701 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +992
    then you certainly should not vote for democrats, they think offending people should be outlawed as we are seeing on university campuses. Liberals claim words hurt them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,206

"Shove next to [you]" = allow people to live where they want despite your personal weakness and fear?

6. NCC1701

NCC1701 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +992
    then allow me to live where I want without diversity Nazis saying my choice of neighborhood is too white.

fuck off dripping poop

7. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,206

No one is forcing people to live next to you, coward. That would be cruel and unusual. But YOU sure as hell aren't telling any American who can afford to where they can live just because you lack a sack.

8. StLucieBengal

StLucieBengal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,253
    Yeah I bet the same "freedom of religion" people were blasting that Oregon baker and Indiana pizza parlor for their choices to exercise their freedom of religion.

Please post any post showing you or anyone one of these Muslim lovers supporting the Oregon baker. Since you know..... They only care about freedom of religion.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,717
    Not at all.

ALL rights have limits on them. The principle of the theory of rights is that you can do whatever you like as long as you don't harm or hurt anyone. What that means is a debatable, however people see that harm can be done in many ways, and harm can be done to society at the same time.

However we're not really talking religious rights here at all. The bakers have their religious rights, and if their job isn't able to be compatible with their religious rights then they have the choice to leave their job. The company doesn't have any religious rights at all, and the company has agreed to obey the rules set out for the company.

If one person's rights were to trump another person's rights, just because, then these aren't rights. There has to be a reason why one right is above another in a specific situation.

10. Andylusion

Andylusion Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,607
    Are you suggesting that a person is physically harmed by you not making a pizza, or a cake for them?

It is a religious right. My religion requires that I not be party to evil. Homosexuality is evil. You deny that, fine, but it doesn't matter. It's my religious scriptures. Whether you like it or not, that is a religious view.

Do I have the right to follow my religious views, or not? Yes or no. You can't, with any amount of credibility, claim that somehow some homos are in some way 'harmed' by failing to get a pizza, or a cake. If anything, they might be more healthy.