When Democrats Infest The Judiciary....

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by PoliticalChic, Oct 7, 2019.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,928
    "The founders could not imagine modern" blah blah blah.......

"Judge Bork makes the point that Originalists can easily apply timeless constitutional commands to new technologies, such as wiretapping and television, and to changed circumstances, as suits for libel and slander. All the judge needs is knowledge of the core value that the Framers intended to protect. And, while we may not decide every case in the way the Framers would have, “entire ranges of problems will be placed off limits to judges, thus preserving democracy in those areas where the framers intended democratic government.”

Clearly, you're not well-read.

If you ever decided to begin reading....start here:

[​IMG]

2. SavannahMann

SavannahMann Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,987
    If you want to argue with me, stop making my point. My point, clearly stated, was that it was wrong to find exceptions to the Amendments, exceptions flourish as you may well know. Each exception was the foundation for the next.

These exceptions are not Constitutional. They are violations of the clearly stated principles the Founders hoped to enshrine in the Constitution. I used Stop and Frisk as one example. A clear violation of the 4th Amendment. Your response, the Constitution was not a Suicide Pact. No it isn’t. It is the foundation, the clearly stated principles of our nation. The statement of rights guaranteed not by man, but by our Creator, or if you are not a believer, by Natural Selection, The Universe, or the spirit of our ancestors. These rights, are not something that are to be granted, or given away by men or women, in power. They are to be defended at every turn, in every example of abuse, or violation.

Let’s take another exception. The infamous Katz case. In it, the Supreme’s created a whole new standard. The Reasonable Expectation of Privacy. So the Police would not need a warrant if you could not have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Odd isn’t it, that we have gone from a clearly stated principle, secure in their person and papers from unreasonable search and seizure, to another exception. That exception in Katz was used as a foundation in other cases, where again you had no reasonable expectation of privacy.

Consider all the documents that your Bank requires for you to open an account. Drivers License, documents to prove your employment and address. All so you can deposit and withdraw money. Why? The Court ruled that if you voluntarily surrendered this information to your bank, you had no reasonable expectation of privacy. Congress immediately jumped on the bandwagon, and required banks to require even more information from you.

The same of Cell Phones. To protect you, Congress mandated that your phone be equipped with a GPS chip to determine your location in case you dialed 911. What if you were unable to give your location? This could save lives. Ten seconds after it went into effect, you of course had no reasonable expectation of privacy for a phone you voluntarily sign up for, providing more documentation of who you are, and carry with you. So why would the Police need a warrant to track a phone you are carrying of your own free will knowing that it can and does track you?

The foundation of the abomination is an exception. That was never the way we were supposed to handle the question of the Amendments. If we didn’t like them, we were supposed to amend the amendment.

Every abuse we are suffering daily, is drawn by violating the principles once enshrined, now entombed in the Constitution. The foundation of our nation is now riddled with so many exceptions, it means literally nothing.

We were supposed to say No when these came up, but we said yes, because being petty and idiotic, we wanted to make sure that bad guy didn’t get away with it. Now, we are all suffering the loss of our rights, tracked daily, our emails read by anyone who wants to. Our conversations listened to. Where we do have a reasonable expectation of privacy, we have an even looser standard that kicks in. National Security. The Suicide Pact you fretted about above. The Government can do anything so long as it can claim with a straight face that it is fighting Terrorism, and if Terrorism doesn’t generate enough of a knee jerk response of approval, they’ll throw in drug dealers, or even Child molesters. Thus setting the stage that anyone who opposes this is obviously a horrible person who would allow Child Molesters to continue abusing children. Perverts.

The principles outlined in the Constitution, and explained in detail in the Federalist Papers, are gone. History. Those words are meaningless now. And you can’t pretend that supporting that is anything approaching conservative.

3. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,928

I have no desire to argue with you....just hope to educate you.

When you wrote this:
    "The founders could not imagine modern" blah blah blah.......

....it exposed your ignorance.

4. SavannahMann

SavannahMann Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,987
    The way to end ignorance, and I am talking about yours, is to read. Comprehension can not take place where stupidity reigns.

5. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57,928

Be sure to drop back when you start reading.

Begin here:

[​IMG]

6. Ringtone

Ringtone Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +778
    I don't argue with exaggerated generalizations. Virtually all of the constitutionalists (American conservatives, ;libertarians, classical liberals . . .) I know are staunch defenders of all the Bill of Rights, and all PC is telling you about cultural and technological changes is that the fundamental principles of natural law are eternal and may be readily applied to correctly resolve any matter on a case by case basis. I believe that is true from both reason and experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019