What's your religion?

What most closely describes your religion?

• Catholic

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Orthodox (Greek, Serbian, Armenian, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mainstream Protestant

• Fundamentalist and/or Evangelical Protestant

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Jewish

• Hindu

• Buddhist

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Islamic

• Atheist/Agnostic

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
I'd like fundamentalist and evangelical put on different lines before I'll answer the poll. Evangelicals strongly believe in spreading Chrisitanity through preaching and other peaceful speech. Fundamentalists are nuts who believe that guys who have long hair and girls who wear pants go to Hell and that Catholics are the next best thing to Satanists. I don't know who first lumped those two groups together, but whoever they were, they must've REALLY hated evangelicals.

Like I said in another thread.

Evangelical: http://www.ag.org

Fundamentalist: http://www.chick.com

Hobbit said:
I'd like fundamentalist and evangelical put on different lines before I'll answer the poll. Evangelicals strongly believe in spreading Chrisitanity through preaching and other peaceful speech. Fundamentalists are nuts who believe that guys who have long hair and girls who wear pants go to Hell and that Catholics are the next best thing to Satanists. I don't know who first lumped those two groups together, but whoever they were, they must've REALLY hated evangelicals.

Like I said in another thread.

Evangelical: http://www.ag.org

Fundamentalist: http://www.chick.com

Sorry Hobbit, they only allow 10 choices, that's why it says and/or. Same goes for Atheist/Agnostic, which are also different from one another. I had to do that or else leave out some major faiths. When I said Evangelical/Fundamentalist, I meant simply "Non Mainstream" Protestantism. Maybe that's how I should have phrased it.

Bonnie said:
Roman Catholic..... Devoted now, even pray the rosary.

Not to offend you but I'm a former Catholic. But what is the point of saying the Rosary? All you are doing is mindlessly repeating prayers.

Powerman said:
Not to offend you but I'm a former Catholic. But what is the point of saying the Rosary? All you are doing is mindlessly repeating prayers.

The point to saying the Rosary is that when you do you are honoring the Blessed mother and so also honoring Christ. It's very simple. There is no such thing as mindless prayers as no prayer is ever wasted. The point of saying the Rosary is mainly to reflect on the the holy mysteries as you say them, and to pray for souls.

Bonnie said:
The point to saying the Rosary is that when you do you are honoring the Blessed mother and so also honoring Christ. It's very simple. There is no such thing as mindless prayers as no prayer is ever wasted. The point of saying the Rosary is mainly to reflect on the the holy mysteries as you say them, and to pray for souls.

What I meant by mindless is by the time you get through the Rosary you've said the Hail Mary so many times that it seems to just be second nature to say the words without even thinking about what you are saying.

Powerman said:
What I meant by mindless is by the time you get through the Rosary you've said the Hail Mary so many times that it seems to just be second nature to say the words without even thinking about what you are saying.

Hence the reflecting on the holy mysteries for each set of ten Hail Mary's you would say. Each bead can represent a person you wish to prayer for either one who has passed or one who is ill etc. The Chaplet of Mercy is similar in style but different words are said.

my religion is sunday morning futbol

working in my garden tending my roses

red wine

my wife

my children

having a sense of humour

taking very little seriously

living a life that will leave little footprints except with my children

edit: oh and i am a non practicing catholic light

Bonnie said:
Hence the reflecting on the holy mysteries for each set of ten Hail Mary's you would say. Each bead can represent a person you wish to prayer for either one who has passed or one who is ill etc. The Chaplet of Mercy is similar in style but different words are said.

I thought you were praying for souls. Why would anyone pray for someone who is ill?

-=d=- said:
uh...so God may speed their recovery? Maybe?

Their souls have little to do with their recovery on earth. Maybe you are missing my point here. Do people really expect divine intervention to keep someone alive? I think that's pretty silly.

Powerman said:
Their souls have little to do with their recovery on earth. Maybe you are missing my point here. Do people really expect divine intervention to keep someone alive? I think that's pretty silly.

Christ set the example of healing; it's sound Christian doctrine

Powerman said:

well i prayed for my wife son and daughter when they were all dying in the opperating room and they are all here....so are you telling me that i was sill for doing so?

i prayed for my mom when she had cancer.

my dad when he was dying.

my favourite uncle when he had bone canccer and both his legs snapped in half has he got up to hug me.

i prayed for each of them and each of my prayers was answered.

are you just here to take the piss? if so piss off

-=d=- said:
Christ set the example of healing; it's sound Christian doctrine

When is the last time he healed someone? Somewhere in the new testament I'm sure.

Forum List

Back