What's Your Favorite Obama Quote About Islam & Christianity?

Edited quote: Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country — I know, because I am one of them.

Full quote: Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country — I know, because I am one of them.

Yeah, context.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Yes, context.

Out of context, a piss drinker can be led to believe Obama is saying he is a Muslim. "I am one of them". And that is what the usual suspects want you to bleev. Allen West, freepers, etc.

In context, it is obvious he meant he is one of many Americans who have Muslim family members.

“The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”

Actual text from New York Times article about Obama:

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset."

“Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism – it is an important part of promoting peace.”

Actual context from Obama's speech in Cairo:

Indeed, none of us should tolerate these extremists. They have killed in many countries. They have killed people of different faiths — but more than any other, they have killed Muslims. Their actions are irreconcilable with the rights of human beings, the progress of nations, and with Islam. The Holy Koran teaches that whoever kills an innocent is as — it is as if he has killed all mankind. And the Holy Koran also says whoever saves a person, it is as if he has saved all mankind.

We have the power to make the world we seek, but only if we have the courage to make a new beginning, keeping in mind what has been written.

The holy Quran tells us, "O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another."

The Talmud tells us: "The whole of the Torah is for the purpose of promoting peace."

The holy Bible tells us, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."

Stop drinking the piss, rubes.

I don't know why I waste my time since I know, even after being shown over and over you are being poured a bunch of piss, you will get right back in line for refills from the very same sources.

You deserve to be lied to.

Copy and paste creduloids with the intellectual bandwidth of a bumper sticker.

You are feeding them. It's the Obama derangement syndrome. I suppose the question might be whether if his background was more like the two Castro brothers, and if he'd been married to two English first speakers who never married, at least one of whom was an outspoken political activist attacking racism, and if he was clearly a product of affirmative action that showed superior intellect can be masked by abject poverty and poor public schools .... what would be the racist response?

The president should always be the best person the country can propose. That's sad that an illegal muslim immigrant is the best person in the US.

Forum List

Back