What's Your "Favorite" Iraq War Lie?

I don't think Iraq had chemical weapons. How would they have ever developed that sort of technology? The only chance is if some foreign government had given them information or weapons. Nevermind, I remember now.

reagan-thumbs-up.jpg

Saddam Hussein used Chemical Weapons on the Kurds. Look it up.

It was a joke. What's that other joke? How do we know Saddam had WMDs? Because we still have the receipts.

My point was that neocons armed Iraq and Iran, but insist we have to remove these regimes now because of their weapons.

Thank you Reagan, and your infinite wisdom.

What's the one that pisses you off the most now that 10 years, 2 trillion dollars and countless lives have passed?

My top 3:

1. “The oil revenue of that country could bring between 50 and 100 billion dollars over the course of the next two or three years. We’re dealing with a country that could really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon,” - Paul Wolfowitz

2. "Now, I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." - Dick Cheney

3. "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended" - George Bush

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.
Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

I don't think Iraq had chemical weapons. How would they have ever developed that sort of technology? The only chance is if some foreign government had given them information or weapons. Nevermind, I remember now.

reagan-thumbs-up.jpg

Saddam Hussein used Chemical Weapons on the Kurds. Look it up.

Yes he did. He killed hundreds of thousands of his own citizens with them.
3.Chemical Weapons Against Kurds
As early as April 1987, the Iraqis used chemical weapons to remove Kurds from their villages in northern Iraq during the Anfal campaign. It is estimated that chemical weapons were used on approximately 40 Kurdish villages, with the largest of these attacks occurring on March 16, 1988 against the Kurdish town of Halabja.

Beginning in the morning on March 16, 1988 and continuing all night, the Iraqis rained down volley after volley of bombs filled with a deadly mixture of mustard gas and nerve agents on Halabja. Immediate effects of the chemicals included blindness, vomiting, blisters, convulsions, and asphyxiation. Approximately 5,000 women, men, and children died within days of the attacks. Long-term effects included permanent blindness, cancer, and birth defects. An estimated 10,000 lived, but live daily with the disfigurement and sicknesses from the chemical weapons.

Saddam Hussein's cousin, Ali Hassan al-Majid was directly in charge of the chemical attacks against the Kurds, earning him the epithet, "Chemical Ali."

Officially from February 23 to September 6, 1988 (but often thought to extend from March 1987 to May 1989), Saddam Hussein's regime carried out the Anfal (Arabic for "spoils") campaign against the large Kurdish population in northern Iraq. The purpose of the campaign was ostensibly to reassert Iraqi control over the area; however, the real goal was to permanently eliminate the Kurdish problem.

The campaign consisted of eight stages of assault, where up to 200,000 Iraqi troops attacked the area, rounded up civilians, and razed villages. Once rounded up, the civilians were divided into two groups: men from ages of about 13 to 70 and women, children, and elderly men. The men were then shot and buried in mass graves. The women, children, and elderly were taken to relocation camps where conditions were deplorable. In a few areas, especially areas that put up even a little resistance, everyone was killed.

Hundreds of thousands of Kurds fled the area, yet it is estimated that up to 182,000 were killed during the Anfal campaign. Many people consider the Anfal campaign an attempt at genocide.

Of course Iraq had WMDs Saddam Hussein had been using them for years. On his own people. Does't anybody read the news anymore?

Chimpola was a meddlesome nation building asshole.

BTW, who was it that kept his father's policy towards Iraq in place for all eight years of his presidency?....Bubba Clintoon, that's who.

Who knew the liberoidals were Bushies? :lmao:

Please explain how Clowntoon did that.
How 'bout you explain which policy toward Iraq put in place in 1991, was reversed entirely by Bubba?....Just one.

That one should be easy peasy, eh?
Toss up for anyone...

Anyone at all...

Beuller?

That "Mission Accomplished" was falsely attributed to President Bush as a statement that he had won the war, when in fact it was a banner put up by the ship he landed on to proclaim that the ship had completed its mission.

That "Mission Accomplished" was falsely attributed to President Bush as a statement that he had won the war, when in fact it was a banner put up by the ship he landed on to proclaim that the ship had completed its mission.

You are kidding. When there is a Presidential event, everything down to the color of ties is planned. Booooosh and his people knew and approved of the banner. Then the war continued with thousands of our kids and Iraqi's dying.

Forum List

Back