What's Your "Favorite" Iraq War Lie?

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
What's the one that pisses you off the most now that 10 years, 2 trillion dollars and countless lives have passed?

My top 3:

1. “The oil revenue of that country could bring between 50 and 100 billion dollars over the course of the next two or three years. We’re dealing with a country that could really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon,” - Paul Wolfowitz

2. "Now, I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." - Dick Cheney

3. "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended" - George Bush

What's the one that pisses you off the most now that 10 years, 2 trillion dollars and countless lives have passed?

My top 3:

1. “The oil revenue of that country could bring between 50 and 100 billion dollars over the course of the next two or three years. We’re dealing with a country that could really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon,” - Paul Wolfowitz

2. "Now, I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." - Dick Cheney

3. "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended" - George Bush

11/15/2002, Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense: "Five days or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last longer."

03/16/2003, Dick Cheney, Vice President: "My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators. . . . I think it will go relatively quickly, . . . [in] weeks rather than months."

03/30/2003, Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense: "We know where they are [Iraq's weapons of mass destruction]. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat."

See: The Iraq War in Quotes

There are so many quotes, so many lies that I can't imagine how and why the right wing continues their efforts to rewrite history. It's amazing, pathological and dishonest. I guess only those with Personality Disorders post such historical revisions as they must be convinced that the fictions of the Bush Administration reflect reality. Pitiful.

I still will never forget the day Bush actually said "the war will pay for its self"

My favorite Iraq War lie is this:

"Bush lied about WMDs."

Hmmm...

Bush jokes about search for WMD, but it's no laughing matter for critics

Thanks for the reminder. The Douche in Chief, Bush actually took time out of his day to shoot pictures of himself around the fucking White House looking for the lie he took us into war with. Motherfucker again.

It never ceases to amaze me how blind partisanship can make people be. Blind to the FACT that Saddam used WMDs against the Kurds. Blind to the fact that we telegraphed our intentions to invade so far in advance that he could have carried his stockpile of WMDs out of the country on mules if he wanted to. And blind to the fact that the Dems in Congress, and the UN, also knew he had WMDs. Now suddenly no one remembers?

Incredible.

Yup, that is my favorite lie of them all.

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"We were spreading democracy."

Everybody loves democracy until the guy they don't like gets elected.

…whether you like it or not.

The whole ‘nation-building’ neo-con scam was among the most reprehensible, the arrogance and hubris of Bush and Cheney that the United States has the ‘authority’ to dictate to other nations what their government should be, and compel that government upon them by force.

Everybody loves democracy until the guy they don't like gets elected.

…whether you like it or not.

The whole ‘nation-building’ neo-con scam was among the most reprehensible, the arrogance and hubris of Bush and Cheney that the United States has the ‘authority’ to dictate to other nations what their government should be, and compel that government upon them by force.
Yeah...Just like those arrogant neocon assholes did in the Balkans, Somalia and Haiti.

Oh, wait....

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

I don't think Iraq had chemical weapons. How would they have ever developed that sort of technology? The only chance is if some foreign government had given them information or weapons. Nevermind, I remember now.

reagan-thumbs-up.jpg

Forum List

Back