What's wrong with this commercial.......?

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pORdUM4Mw_U]Stump | Under the Blue Arch | Chevrolet - YouTube[/ame]

Can you figure it out?

No roots. No hole around the stump.

Yup. I've seen bigger trucks trying to pull out stumps 1/16th that size and not succeed.

Looks like the stump was dug up with heavy machinery, roots cut off and reburied.

Well it WAS a test drive. But I wonder if our local Chevy dealership would let me pull out a humongous stump with one of their new Chevy trucks on a test drive? But yes, it obviously was NOT a tree stump fresh out of the ground.

Yup. I've seen bigger trucks trying to pull out stumps 1/16th that size and not succeed.

Looks like the stump was dug up with heavy machinery, roots cut off and reburied.
Wait, are you saying that what we see on TV is fake? I thought that was just limited to the WWE? :confused:

Oh lordy, more innocence destroyed. I don't have the heart to mention Santa Claus.

Poor Chevy. Back in 1992 when the liberals were trying to ruin corporations like Chevrolet, NBC's "Dateline" ran an episode about alleged gas tank explosions in Chevy pickups on impact. Sure enough a well choreographed crash resulted in a gas tank explosion which would have certainly killed the occupants. Executives from Chevrolet recovered the vehicle used in the Dateline episode and found that the gas tank was rigged with an explosive device.

Poor Chevy. Back in 1992 when the liberals were trying to ruin corporations like Chevrolet, NBC's "Dateline" ran an episode about alleged gas tank explosions in Chevy pickups on impact. Sure enough a well choreographed crash resulted in a gas tank explosion which would have certainly killed the occupants. Executives from Chevrolet recovered the vehicle used in the Dateline episode and found that the gas tank was rigged with an explosive device.

But now that the government and UAW own the controlling shares at GM, it can do no wrong. But in fairness to Chevy, they by far are not the only advertiser who embellishes the truth in advertising a bit. :)

Or it was a styrofoam stump.

Nah, it bounced like a real stump would and even a Chevy Luv would have been able to pull it out of the ground the way they apparently set it up.

It looks like they actually tried to pull it out first. My guess is the director never drove a truck in his life, and someone was telling him it wouldn't work. You can actually see the rear tires lift off the ground in the first take.

I see a lot of pickups out in suburbia these days. F350s, 4-wheel drive, interiors like the cockpit of a starship, raised suspenions. Shiny wax jobs. Clean as whistles.

They drive over speed bumps at half a mile an hour. BWA-HA-HA-HA!

I do not understand the mindset that does this. Pay all that money and then not use it for its intended purpose. Never even take it off-road.

WTF? What IS that?

It must be the new mid-life crisis vehicle of choice.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back