Zone1 What's with the stupid memes...

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
...being inserted into mod edits now? I was just flipping through threads on my down time and saw a whole slew of em.

Is it to antagonize people or something? Is it a game? Who does dumb stuff like that? What's to be had by it?

...being inserted into mod edits now? I was just flipping through threads on my down time and saw a whole slew of em.

Is it to antagonize people or something? Is it a game? Who does dumb stuff like that? What's to be had by it?

I don't know but they would not dare do that to you or me.

I don't know but they would not dare do that to you or me.

I don't really have problems with maudes, honestly speaking. Heck, I never even talk to em much at all.

Though one of em likes to insinuate that I'm kind of a problem for maudes. I think it's a defense mechanism on that particular maude's part, however. And perhaps a bit of nature.

But whatever.

I was just curious about this new practice of placing stupid meme insertions into maude edits after I stumbled over them flipping through the threads.

If I recall correctly, a few mauds have recently expressed their appreciation for so-called ''humor'' on the part of one of their peers.

And, so, naturally when this kind of thing is encouraged, more usually follows. And not always in a way that is good for anything other than throwing fuel on a fire. Similar to government subsidization of welfare or whatever, for sake of comparison. All that does it get you more of it. Intent is most often the questionable factor.

So I suppose I'm just wondering what is so funny about it? What is it about inserting stupid, condescending memes into maude edits that is so funny? What is humorous about that? What's to be had by it? What good can come from that? And, as well, given previous dialogue expresing apreciation for the practice, I also wonder if this is the view of the quorum of mauderation. Are they looking to be entertained?

Nothing wrong with memes, of course. They have their place where healthy, non combative, humor is appreciated and even helpful.

Maude actions don't naturally seem to be that place for them, unless someone is just trying to squeeze a mile out of the inch they've been theoretically granted. That's High School stuff. That kind of thing seems to me would equally diminish (purposefully, with intent) any expectation of intelligent, fruitful discussion just as much as whatever questionable content was removed from the given postings of those posters in the first place. It's basically another level of trolling, in my view.

Last edited:
1663543163904.png

I think it is kind of funny.

Probably not appropriate for zone one, so I do see what you are driving at, but other than that, yeah.

Maybe, the maudes, as you say, are getting tired of folks not getting the point of the zone 1 designation. It seems sort of clear. I don't understand why so many actions should need to be taken.

Seriously.

Probably not appropriate for zone one, so I do see what you are driving at, but other than that, yeah.

Maybe, the maudes, as you say, are getting tired of folks not getting the point of the zone 1 designation. It seems sort of clear. I don't understand why so many actions should need to be taken.

Seriously.
Dude, when action exists, it always has to be taken!

1663557288210.png

Disrespect for Old Glory by showing it upside down and photoshopped cartoons and distracting videos that substitute for argument are a worse problem.

Seriously.

Bah. I'm just gonna chalk it up to the predictable consequence of ranked choice voting. Ha.

When the omnipotent Majority subsidizes anything, you just get more of it, unfortunately. Until that's all that's left.

Whatever. Not my hill. Was just curious about it is all.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back