What's So Wrong With Ron Paul? "Reality Check" On Ron Paul...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
This is an interesting take on Dr. Paul. Enjoy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBHsKThrdOk]What is so wrong with Ron Paul? - YouTube[/ame]

His foreign policy comments eliminates him from the start to be a legit POTUS.

It is one thing to discuss cutting taxes, making the Govt smaller, giving people their rights back....but when he ignores the US role around the world in maintaining world peace and helping maintain FREE markets for the world, then he is toast.

It is one thing to discuss cutting taxes, making the Govt smaller, giving people their rights back....but when he ignores the US role around the world in maintaining world peace and helping maintain FREE markets for the world, then he is toast.

I appreciate your opinion but i have to disagree. We've had enough of all this 'World's Policeman/Referee' stuff. It's time for something different. I'm ok with helping other Nations as far as real humanitarian aid goes,but that's where it needs to end. We have become way too much of a Militarized/Police State at this point. It's time to scale back on that disturbing trend. I don't want the damn TSA out on our Highways conducting random Checkpoints on innocent American Citizens. To Hell with security if that's their brand of security. Big Government is just out of control at this point. It's time to reign it in.

The crazy shit done by the TSA has nothing to do with Ron Paul claiming we need to pull our military back from every foreign base.

That is nuts, even something leftists like Obamination realize is idiotic.

We are overseas to maintain the peace and keep the flow of commerce open. Countries like Russia, China, Iran, etc would gladly move into places we abandon if we left town.

See what happened in WWII. Countries like Germany, Italy and Japan took advantage of the sleeping giant in the USA not paying attention to their endeavors into neighboring countries.

Today militaries are even more advanced so moving in and taking over a country is even easier and faster. See what Russia did to Georgia right under the nose of NATO. I doubt the Baltic states that are constantly threatened by Russia would love to see no US forces propping up NATO in Europe.....or Japan having to deal with China on their own.

Want to see $20/gal gas at the pump...well let Iran take over the GCC nations with no US Navy keeping the sea lanes there open.

I appreciate your opinion but i have to disagree. We've had enough of all this 'World's Policeman/Referee' stuff. It's time for something different. I'm ok with helping other Nations as far as real humanitarian aid goes,but that's where it needs to end. We have become way too much of a Militarized/Police State at this point. It's time to scale back on that disturbing trend. I don't want the damn TSA out on our Highways conducting random Checkpoints on innocent American Citizens. To Hell with security if that's their brand of security. Big Government is just out of control at this point. It's time to reign it in.

Last edited:
The crazy shit done by the TSA has nothing to do with Ron Paul claiming we need to pull our military back from every foreign base.

We are overseas to maintain the peace and keep the flow of commerce open. Countries like Russia, China, Iran, etc would gladly move into places we abandon if we left town.

See what happened in WWII. Countries like Germany, Italy and Japan took advantage of the sleeping giant in the USA not paying attention to their endeavors into neighboring countries.

Today militaries are even more advanced so moving in and taking over a country is even easier and faster. See what Russia did to Georgia right under the nose of NATO. I doubt the Baltic states that are constantly threatened by Russia would love to see no US forces propping up NATO in Europe.....or Japan having to deal with China on their own.

Want to see $20/gal gas at the pump...well let Iran take over the GCC nations with no US Navy keeping the sea lanes there open.

It does all connect. We have become a Militarized/Police State. And our Foregn Policy has helped create it. Ironically,our agggressive foreign interventionist policies were supposed to spread Freedom around the rest of the World,yet they have only made us less free here in our nation. Our rights are being whittled away as we type these posts. It's time to bring everyone home. The World can take care of themselves. They always have and they always will. After all,they did that long long before there ever was a United States of America.

Last edited:
Ron NEVER said the USA would cut navy or military technology research, let alone intelligence. The USA is NOT the worlds policeman. It's up to INDIVIDUAL countries to protect themselves. If the baltic states desire to form their own military coalition, let em do so! Ron gets in & he'll push to open up our own crude extraction & refinement facilities as the EPA will be no more.
The notion that the nations will destroy themselves without the USA to play the role of global disciplinarian is ridiculous. There always has been military conflicts such as is going on in the continent of Africa at current. Countries like Rwanda need to learn LIBERTY & that comes in blood. Enough blood shed & they'll smarten up & go the way of liberty & peace... just as the USA ONCE did.

Yea the World survived just fine long long before we ever came along. And haven't people gotten sick of this long ongoing 70yr. Bombing Campaign yet? Man,i know i am. Most in this country can't even remember a time when we weren't at War with someone around the World. We've been bombing with almost no reprive for the last 70yrs. straight. Isn't it time for something different? It's time to scale back.

The US military has nothing to do with what the TSA idiots are doing here.

As for claiming the US military has caused trouble around the world.....bullshit. We are there to clean up crap started by others and to keep them from killing each other too.

Many Arabs want the Jews pushed back into the ocean, but that must be our fault.

China has their crosshairs on taking Taiwan, oil in the south china sea, etc.

Russia wants their Soviet satellite states back.

Iran wants to bring back the Persian empire.

What does the US want? Freedom of movement, civil rights, etc.

It does all connect. We have become a Militarized/Police State. And our Foregn Policy has helped create it. Ironically,our agggressive foreign interventionist policies were supposed to spread Freedom around the rest of the World,yet they have only made us less free here in our nation. Our rights are being whittled away as we type these posts. It's time to bring everyone home. The World can take care of themselves. They always have and they always will. After all,they did that long long before there ever was a United States of America.

I don't fear a Ron Paul presidency. Remember all you Paul supporters and Paul haters, that the POTUS is not Caesar, he cannot just do anything he wants to. In the same way that Barack Hussin Obama couldn't close Gitmo, Paul won't be able to close all the bases and immediately end all wars and bring all troops home. What will most likely happen is that a happy medium will be reached. One that saves money, and still maintains our presence around the world.

Why because he is not a Corporcrat like the rest of the Republican party and is consistent is his belief in small government. Ron Paul is the only Republican I would support.

Uh, Ron Paul said he will slash the DoD budget which pretty much make it a pre-WWII military geared to protect our borders......until it is too late. We got lucky in WWII that Hitler made serious tactical mistakes with Russia, thus lost WWII.

Most of us learned our lesson that a forward projected military prevents MASSIVE wars that endanger the US and its allies. Pull back the US and you will see a massive war or two in Asia, the middle east and Europe.

But of course a massive war in Asia or Europe where our trading partners are invaded won't do squat to your lifestyle here....:eusa_whistle:

Ron NEVER said the USA would cut navy or military technology research, let alone intelligence. The USA is NOT the worlds policeman. It's up to INDIVIDUAL countries to protect themselves. If the baltic states desire to form their own military coalition, let em do so! Ron gets in & he'll push to open up our own crude extraction & refinement facilities as the EPA will be no more.
The notion that the nations will destroy themselves without the USA to play the role of global disciplinarian is ridiculous. There always has been military conflicts such as is going on in the continent of Africa at current. Countries like Rwanda need to learn LIBERTY & that comes in blood. Enough blood shed & they'll smarten up & go the way of liberty & peace... just as the USA ONCE did.

Last edited:

Don't you think it is fascinating the the Republican hierarchy is adament that a poor person provide for themselves with no help from the federal government but in the meantime they are totally okay with South Korea totally relying on us to provide their national defense.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

As the Commander in Chief he can set DoD policy on what we will do with the military.

Congress just funds the operations, but the POTUS tells the DoD how to execute those operations.

If Ron Paul says we won't stop Iran from getting a nuke like he's said, well then Iran will be nuking Israel and probably us in the near future.

I don't fear a Ron Paul presidency. Remember all you Paul supporters and Paul haters, that the POTUS is not Caesar, he cannot just do anything he wants to. In the same way that Barack Hussin Obama couldn't close Gitmo, Paul won't be able to close all the bases and immediately end all wars and bring all troops home. What will most likely happen is that a happy medium will be reached. One that saves money, and still maintains our presence around the world.

Oh, so South Korea means we should pull out of Europe.

Nice logic, cleatus.

South Korea is a major trading partner and if North Korea was able to steal their technology, people and land via invasion....you'd have a bigger mess on your hands in Asia. Maybe we don't want a bigger nuclear power in North Korea....what a concept.

Japan would be GONE within a year if NK took over SK.

Don't you think it is fascinating the the Republican hierarchy is adament that a poor person provide for themselves with no help from the federal government but in the meantime they are totally okay with South Korea totally relying on us to provide their national defense.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Our aggressive foreign interventionist policy really is sadly ironic. The very same policy that was designed to bring Freedom to the whole World,has now led to less Freedom here in the U.S. So we "freed" all those nations but we enslaved our own nation in the process. More foreign intervention only means more War and insecurity here at home. I just don't understand why so many can't see this. Are we more free now than we were just 10 or 15 years ago? I would say hell no. So everything is connected. Our foreign policy has destroyed much of our own country.

Yeah, we're living in a police state.:cuckoo:

You can't go to the store without drones watching you, espcially those CIA and Air Force drones. You don't know about the super secret drones....

FYI, as somone with a clearance above what many Congress members have, operations experience with EUCOM, CENTCOM and STRATCOM in addition to inside knowledge of what is going down in NORTHCOM and PACOM.....you have gone overboard with this bullshit about the DoD ruining your life and someone's life in say Italy.

Now, the TSA....I can't speak for them.

Our aggressive foreign interventionist policy really is sadly ironic. The very same policy that was designed to bring Freedom to the whole World,has now led to less Freedom here in the U.S. So we "freed" all those nations but we enslaved our own nation in the process. More foreign intervention only means more War and insecurity here at home. I just don't understand why so many can't see this. Are we more free now than we were just 10 or 15 years ago? I would say hell no. So everything is connected. Our foreign policy has destroyed much of our own country.

As the Commander in Chief he can set DoD policy on what we will do with the military.

Congress just funds the operations, but the POTUS tells the DoD how to execute those operations.

If Ron Paul says we won't stop Iran from getting a nuke like he's said, well then Iran will be nuking Israel and probably us in the near future.

Iran will not be nuking anyone. Even if they build a nuke, they won't use it for anything but to threaten. Nukes are so easy to knock out of the sky these days it's ridiculous.

Why don't we focus on bringing more Freedom & Democracy back to our own Nation? Lets get over this neverending 'World's Policeman/Referee' stuff. As technology advances and Government continues to grow,we will lose more & more of our Freedom & Liberty. Take a closer look around sometime. It's already happening.

What's So Wrong With Ron Paul?

Well, for starters, there’s no such thing as a ‘constitutionalist,’ ‘strict’ or otherwise.

I understand what Paul and his supporters think it means, but in reality it makes no sense. The Constitution exists only in the context of its case law, case law that Paul is either ignorant of or rejects altogether. In either case, Ron Paul is not mentioned in Marbury v. Madison, and consequently he has no authority whatsoever to determine what the Constitution means.

In addition, there’s nothing in the Constitution with regard to the ‘size’ of government, literally or metaphorically. There is no restriction on the number of departments or agencies, the number of people who may work for the Federal government, or what size its budget must be.

The libertarian perception of ‘small government’ is predicated on an incorrect inference on their part with regard to ‘original intent.’* This perception is fundamentally naïve and reactionary given the realities of governing a modern society, and in the context of the 21st Century global economy.

*It is impossible to determine the ‘original intent’ of the Framers, anyone who claims such knowledge is a fool or a liar. The Framers were many men with many opinions that changed over the course of time, to state there was a single, particular ‘original intent’ is ignorant idiocy.

Forum List

Back