What's next after this 2 trillion dollar pork bill, how about 3 trillion more?

How much did Trump increase the national debt?
Too much thanks to the china virus and the national shutdown

Every president shares the blame for increasing the debt on their watch including trump

but the democrats are now more intoxicated with spending than they have ever been

Correct. Never said that they did not get a paycheck, and I was responding to a blogger on that subject. They do not necessarily increase their pay whenever. My discussion was geared toward that tax reduction for the super-wealthy, who spent that money on the stock market. When they lose that huge windfall, they won't necessarily take a larger paycheck, and businesses do not always recoup their losses.

Businesses and business owners were in the stock market long before the tax cut and after the tax cut. It's not like they never had this money before and ran to their brokers for the first time.

When business grows, so do jobs in many instances. You are correct, they may not take a bigger paycheck, but they're not going to allow the company to make less profit either. They will cut hours or overtime, increase employee contributions to their healthcare plan, increase prices on their products or services, but nobody is digging deeper into their pockets without reclaiming that money somehow or some way.

Bottom line is no matter what, it's the little guy who actually has to pay those higher taxes one way or another.
Wrong. Very often the company can't control the reduction in income.
The tax reduction was no help except to those who got the deal and did not create more jobs. The jobs market was increasing before the tax windfall.
The bipartisan CBO, and the data, highlight you are incorrect: Trump's Tax Cut 'Scam' Created 1.3 Million New Jobs, New CBO Data Show

Democrats claim that the solid growth in 2018 was baked in the cake while Barack Obama was president. But that's simply not the case.

In January 2017 — before Trump entered the White House — the CBO projected that the economy would expand by only 2% in 2018, followed by 1.7% in 2019 and 1.5% next year.

That's what was baked in the cake. Continued tepid economic growth. Keep in mind that, when the CBO made those economic forecasts at the start of the Trump administration, they were right in line with other mainstream economic forecasts.

What actually happened was a very different story.

The actual growth for 2018 will likely have been 2.9% or 3%. And the CBO now expects GDP to climb 2.7% this year, and 1.9% next year.

The jobs picture improved dramatically as well.

In January 2017, CBO forecast an average unemployment rate of 4.4% for 2018. The actual number: 3.9%

In January 2017, CBO said that the economy would create an average of just 94,000 jobs a month in 2018. The actual results for 2018: 203,000 news jobs a month.

In other words, the nation's economy in 2018 was almost $400 billion bigger and there were about 1.3 million more jobs created than the CBO had expected
Try to understand that this recession was one fart from collapsing into a depression. Deepest recession in history. A slow recovery was just fine and would have increased in speed as jobs increased and money flowed into the economy.
There are unintended consequences when one can't see the big picture and just wants his pocket and ego stroked.
Yes, it got much deeper and last much longer due to the fact Obama, had a Dem Congress, that had been in office for two years prior to him taking office, and he and that Dem Congress created legislation that drove up UE to double digits. He didn't benefit from having a GOP Congress when he took office. I admit that.

Yes, and in fact it did increase in speed, because jobs increased and money flowed into the economy....due to the tax cuts when Trump took office. Glad we are finally in total agreement here
That is the biggest crock of shit that I have ever read.

Every president shares the blame for increasing the debt on their watch including trump

but the democrats are now more intoxicated with spending than they have ever been
So this irrelevant virus that Trump had under his complete control is your excuse?

So this irrelevant virus that Trump had under his complete control is your excuse?
The President has controls of a virus now? Wow.....all of them? I wish Biden would clear up the common cold then...that's a pain.

The economy will recover more quickly with the stimulus checks. We can't have millions of Americans made homeless because of this pandemic. The poor and the middle class will spend the stimulus money so it will go right back into the economy.

You think that the mail-in ballots were fraudulent? Mail-in ballots allowed those, who would normally stay home, to vote. You do want all eligible voters to vote, yes?Trump was behind in the polls anyway, and maybe he would not have won. His bad behavior since the election surely must expose him for what he is, a fraud.
And whatever your statistics show, it was short-lived.

Wrong. Before the virus we were in the right direction and economists predicted a continuation in that direction.

No, I don't want lazy uninformed people voting in our elections. I only what people who understand the issues, policies, and people they vote on. The only way to try and get those people to vote and not the dopes is to have in person elections like we've had in this country since our founding. If you can't get your worthless lazy ass to the polls to vote, then it obviously means you don't care that much about it. If those people want to vote, fine. Go to your voting location and vote.

You posted a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Forget the great economy we had under Trump. Forget the border problem that he addressed and got under control. Forget the several stock market records and record median high household income we hit. Trump had bad behavior. You see, you just pointed out the problem in our country. You are voting on personality instead of accomplishments.

Well congrats to you and yours. You got what you wanted. Now thousands of people lost their job. Our gasoline went up 50 cents a gallon higher since the election. Our border that Trump had under control is now a crisis. Dementia is letting people in without so much as being tested for Covid while we are in the process of trying to get as many people vaccinated and save as many lives as we can. I hope you're happy.
How was the GDP in 2019? How much did the debt increase before COVID. Show me a graph of the unemployment rate showing trump changed the curve.

And the nerve of you, duped by the con man Trump, to decide who gets to vote. How un American are you?

The President has controls of a virus now? Wow.....all of them? I wish Biden would clear up the common cold then...that's a pain.

The time to fight the virus effectively was February and March of 2020.

Trump said it, asshole. Are you saying he was lying?

No excuse has been offered for anything

trump caved in to pressure to send out the helicopter money so he gets the blame for that portion of the debt

I wish you could be as honest about what the democrats have done since then

We could only follow the advice of the experts at that time. What we do know is that if Biden were in office then, he would have continued to allow open borders between China....and cleaned more.

We could only follow the advice of the experts at that time. What we do know is that if Biden were in office then, he would have continued to allow open borders between China....and cleaned more.

Damn, you are one ignorant Trumpie.

Trump said it, asshole. Are you saying he was lying?
Trump said that he controls viruses? When? He said he can keep a virus from mutating? From moving through the air and through touch? Please, show me?

A President can certainly control some aspects of containing a virus...ie shipping medical supplies etc to places that need it, like the President did early last year when it was in China, or limiting travel, as the President did, or having his admin issue guidelines for people, businesses, organizations and States to follow, which he did...

Some small countries like Taiwan and south korea or new zealand did a better job than America did

and sweden did ok by not listening to tje “experts”

but larger nations and areas like the US, china and the EU were hit harder

and are still being hit

trump did all a president could have done at the time

Damn, you are one ignorant Trumpie.
I suppose he could have gone rogue and not listened to the advice of the experts, but that seems rather stupid.

Forum List

Back