Whatever happened this culture?

What made them go from Coltrane and Joplin to ... "Slap a hoe, bang a bitch"

• Conservative Politics (no black city/town is has been run by conservs in more than half a century)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Really, how did their culture go from this (the video) to "nigga nigga nigga, fuck a bitch, slap a hoe, nigga nigga nigga."

I say it has EVERYTHING to do with erasing a rigid set of moral codes (which is why progressives relentlessly attack all religions, including Islam, because they must abolish all standards by which the fruits of their philosophy can be measured).

Really, how did their culture go from this (the video) to "nigga nigga nigga, fuck a bitch, slap a hoe, nigga nigga nigga."

I say it has EVERYTHING to do with erasing a rigid set of moral codes (which is why progressives relentlessly attack all religions, including Islam, because they must abolish all standards by which the fruits of their philosophy can be measured).

who decides what direction a culture chooses to take? RW's ?

their choices make no difference to me. I don't have to live in their culture. MY choice.

see how that works?

You're seeking a figment. The "culture" that you long for never actually existed.

Old white people said the same things about jazz in the 20s that you're saying about hip hop now.

When you assimilate you take on both the good and bad aspects of the dominant culture. In this case some of the Black population took on the worst aspects of white culture.

It's simpler than all that. The problem is that most people are stupid and intellectually lazy. As an artistic medium becomes more accessible to more people, popular pieces of that art become based in the opinions of "everyone", not just the people who take the art form seriously enough to have engaged when it wasn't easy to do, and "everyone" is fuckin dumb. This isn't unique to any race or art form, and morality isn't a direct contributer to the decline, though popular morality does play into the particular flavor of declining garbage.

When you assimilate you take on both the good and bad aspects of the dominant culture. In this case some of the Black population took on the worst aspects of white culture.

This is true, lots of white "music" that should just be called "noise" actually tore down the barriers guarding the prestige and honor of classical music and jazz, blues and rock&roll.

Our journey starts with religious chants and ends at Rachmanioff, Debussy, Count Bassey, Neil Diamond, etc. After the end of that journey we descend into electronified noise (musical barbarism disguised by the fact it is being generated by 'modern tech').

It's fucking degenerate.

This is true, lots of white "music" that should just be called "noise" actually tore down the barriers guarding the prestige and honor of classical music and jazz, blues and rock&roll.

Our journey starts with religious chants and ends at Rachmanioff, Debussy, Count Bassey, Neil Diamond, etc. After the end of that journey we descend into electronified noise (musical barbarism disguised by the fact it is being generated by 'modern tech').

It's fucking degenerate.

electronified is not a word....try again.....

It's fucking degenerate.

Since you are such an officiator of what constitutes real art, please elaborate and tell us what art is..........If you dare.......

Likely the effects of commercial mass entertainment coupled with consumer spending, etc.

It's fucking degenerate.
Since you are such an officiator of what constitutes real art, please elaborate and tell us what art is..........If you dare.......
Let me show you a small handful of my organ and piano compositions --- I'm overqualified to tell you what real music is, and my black piano teacher was (and would still be) very proud:

It's fucking degenerate.

There's still plenty of Jazz out there. Shit; take the LIRR and go to downtown Manhattan and go the the Blue Note and enjoy yourself. I used to frequent Sweet Basil on 7th Avenue(plenty of jazz there) when it was open and 101 pretty much one block over used to host some good Jazz and funk bands :)

The main problem I have with some folks, is that they like to try to make the MINORITY of Black people who aren't doing well and fucking up, represent the MAJORITY of Black people who are doing well and living life. Next you folks will bring up the "out of wedlock" thing, just because a woman is unmarried and has a baby, doesn't mean that the father of the baby and her are not together. Plenty of people "live in sin" for years and years and some of them have babies. Maybe they get married after they have the child.

RIOTING:
Baltimore is home to 395,781 Black people, how many people do you estimate the rioters consisted of? Lets be very Liberal and say 3,900 people were rioting, that's less than 1% of the Black population in that city rioting and causing mayhem.

POVERTY:
In Baltimore 23.7% of Black people are at or below the poverty level, that mean that 76.3% of "them" are above the poverty level.

Do you think it's fair to make that 1%who are rioting and acting like fools be the face of the 99%?

Do you think it's fair to make the 23.7% of people who are poor , represent the 76.3% who are NOT in poverty?

What would you say about a person who would do such things and then want to knock their "culture"? :lol:

It's fucking degenerate.

Music is in the ear of the beholder. I can go from Thelonious Monk to Miles Davis to Metalica to RATM to KRS-1 to Salsa to Reggae to Johann Sabastian Bach, etc. all in one sitting.

It's fucking degenerate.

Actually its simpler than that. White suburban kids loved the fuck you attitude of some of the earlier pioneers of gangsta rap. White music executives keyed into this demand and some Black people went overboard supplying the "dream" for the little white yuppies not realizing it would infect some Blacks with weak minds..

It's fucking degenerate.

Actually its simpler than that. White suburban kids loved the fuck you attitude of some of the earlier pioneers of gangsta rap. White music executives keyed into this demand and some Black people went overboard supplying the "dream" for the little white yuppies not realizing it would infect some Blacks with weak minds..

See Rick Rubin.

Forum List

Back