What Your Favorite Movies Say About You

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
The movies you find most appealing can do more than entertain you -- they can reveal plenty about who you really are, according to the authors of a book that makes their case.

In "Cinescopes: What Your Favorite Movies Reveal About You," Ezra Werb and Risa Williams assert that your ten favorite movies show a lot about your personality, and more.

Werb explains that he and Williams believe there's a psychological link between our personalities and the movies appeal to us. It's a very personal thing, and we connect with the heroes and themes in the movies we're drawn too.

He and Williams focus on the individual character in a film that the movie-goer connects with. If it's two characters, sometimes it's the dynamic between the two that you're drawn to.

Williams says the lists tell about the type of heroes people like and the themes that resonate with them. If you're drawn to romantic comedies, you could be a romantic. If you like action movies, you could be an adventurer at heart.

Williams holds Masters degrees in psychology and dramatic writing, and specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy. Werb has a Bachelor's degree in film studies and literature, writes screenplays, and works as behaviorist for an autistic child.

They began with the Top Ten lists of 1,000 people and, using psychology, cinematic analysis and astrology, came up with 16 movies-based personality profiles. They claim people are shocked by how accurate those profiles are.

The 16 personality types: What Your Favorite Movies Say About You - CBS News

The movies you find most appealing can do more than entertain you -- they can reveal plenty about who you really are, according to the authors of a book that makes their case.

In "Cinescopes: What Your Favorite Movies Reveal About You," Ezra Werb and Risa Williams assert that your ten favorite movies show a lot about your personality, and more.

Werb explains that he and Williams believe there's a psychological link between our personalities and the movies appeal to us. It's a very personal thing, and we connect with the heroes and themes in the movies we're drawn too.

He and Williams focus on the individual character in a film that the movie-goer connects with. If it's two characters, sometimes it's the dynamic between the two that you're drawn to.

Williams says the lists tell about the type of heroes people like and the themes that resonate with them. If you're drawn to romantic comedies, you could be a romantic. If you like action movies, you could be an adventurer at heart.

Williams holds Masters degrees in psychology and dramatic writing, and specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy. Werb has a Bachelor's degree in film studies and literature, writes screenplays, and works as behaviorist for an autistic child.

They began with the Top Ten lists of 1,000 people and, using psychology, cinematic analysis and astrology, came up with 16 movies-based personality profiles. They claim people are shocked by how accurate those profiles are.

The 16 personality types: What Your Favorite Movies Say About You - CBS News

About as convincing as an astrology reading.

What are your top ten favorite movies and which personality profile did you fall under?

Here are my top 10 movies:

znswid.jpg

2lcmi6f.jpg

b6sx8j.jpg

28rieyv.gif

ydjrr.jpg

felao8.jpg

2z66utj.jpg

jfcg80.jpg

152ffq0.jpg

24goff8.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite movies would be...

... Ol' Yeller...

... To Kill a Mockingbird...

... Forrest Gump...

... Easy Rider...

... Fried Green Tomatoes...

... Kelly's Heroes...

... an' What Do You Say to a Naked Lady?...

... What dat say `bout me?
:confused:

... Ol' Yeller...

The you would like Where the Red Fern Grows.

... Forrest Gump...

... Easy Rider...

... Kelly's Heroes...

Always with the negative vibes, man...

Here's what I get from your list:

You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others’ statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life.

Last edited:

... Ol' Yeller...

... Forrest Gump...

... Easy Rider...

... Kelly's Heroes...

Rebel, buck the system, unusual hero, stand out against the crowd:cool:

Two movies that blew me away when I saw them (when you see a movie IS important) were

Swept Away by Lina Wertmüller

and

A Lion in Winter by Anthony Harvey.

I don't need any test to know what my tastes says about who I am.

And if you watch those movies you wouldn't need any test to know who and what I am, either.

drifter wrote: Rebel, buck the system, unusual hero, stand out against the crowd

Yep, dat's me.

g5000 wrote: Here's what I get from your list:

You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others’ statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life.

Hey how `bout dat?...

... dat's the same thing the birth sign said...

... onna paper placemat...

... atta Chinese restaurant where I eat sometimes.
:tongue:

drifter wrote: Rebel, buck the system, unusual hero, stand out against the crowd

Yep, dat's me.

g5000 wrote: Here's what I get from your list:

Hey how `bout dat?...

... dat's the same thing the birth sign said...

... onna paper placemat...

... atta Chinese restaurant where I eat sometimes.
:tongue:

And it's all true!

I filled mine in and it said this:

"You are the Passionate Maverick

Like fish swimming against a current, these rebels choose to fight in the name of the voiceless. These heroes don’t follow the trends; they set them."

So true, so true.

I couldn't pick top 10...no way.
I'd be listing them...then halfway..think..oh wait, this one should move up to number 2, etc. etc.......

My type of movies would say I was a hopeless romantic who believes in fairy tales and magic and happily ever after.......and add some laughter in there.
In other words.......fake shit.

I'd be listing them...then halfway..think..oh wait, this one should move up to number 2, etc. etc.......

My type of movies would say I was a hopeless romantic who believes in fairy tales and magic and happily ever after.......and add some laughter in there.

Sounds like your a nice person :cool:

Sounds like your a nice person :cool:

I am!!! *smiles*
Ask anybody here :)

Forum List

Back