What You Get When You Donate Your Hair...

i hadnt thought about dying the gray hair....good idea

See... again... are you talking about you dying your hair, or are you acusing me of dying mine, which I did NOT do.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and be nice, and you just want to keep needling me?

No..I'm sayin that doesn't look like you at all.. Build, size, head shape, OR hair.. Bike looks like yours, tho. YOu should stick the face back on it and PM it to me so I can figure out why it doesn't look right. :D

That would really be a leap of faith on my part girl... but I might... let me think about it.

Which would be a valid point had I not seen about half a dozen of them anyway from air force days straight up through parents last visit to Vegas (I think). Thus the reason I know the bike is yours. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah I know, from back in the day when we all had fun posting pics of ourselves. I posted a lot of me. This is me about four months ago... AFTER they cut the hair off... I'm pretty much built like a brick shit house...

3846947403_667e176c06_b.jpg

See... again... are you talking about you dying your hair, or are you acusing me of dying mine, which I did NOT do.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and be nice, and you just want to keep needling me?

Actually, she's saying that she hadn't thought of locks of love dying the gray hair people donate prior to passing it on to a child.

(Better use a neutral base!)

Actually, she's saying that she hadn't thought of locks of love dying the gray hair people donate prior to passing it on to a child.

(Better use a neutral base!)
Well FUCK... I just can't win for losin' here... :mad:

I wish she'd be more specific. I am NOT looking for a spat.

Y'all both need to knock it off. BOnes, you KNOW your posts are hard to follow, unless someones used to reading them, and following your tracks.

In the middle of a conversation, you said "I hadn't thought about dying it", and expect that everyone is just going to KNOW what you're talking about. I knew because I'm FINALLY starting to figure out the different directions that your posts take. I'm not betting everyone else knows.

ANd Pale, you need to stop assuming her every post is a slam against you.

(Why am I sticking MY nose into this shit?) :eusa_eh:

Last edited by a moderator:
and i wished you werent an idiot is that specific enough????

What the fuck is up your ass bones? Your neighbor not inviting you to her wedding, so you take it out on me?

If you're neighbor's got you all wound up so tight you can't be decent, then take a break.

I have thought about doing this since I have plent of hair to go around, can you if you highlight your hair on a regular basis?

Y'all both need to knock it off. BOnes, you KNOW your posts are hard to follow, unless someones used to reading them, and following your tracks.

In the middle of a conversation, you said "I hadn't thought about dying it", and expect that everyone is just going to KNOW what you're talking about. I knew because I'm FINALLY starting to figure out the different directions that your posts take. I'm not betting everyone else knows.

ANd Pale, you need to stop assuming her every post is a slam against you.

(Why am I sticking MY nose into this shit?) :eusa_eh:

Too used to moderating/administrating. I'm kinda proud of how I've tried to stay 'above' the fray. It's way tempting, when it seems it's the right way to go. I'm really unsure how I disengaged.

I have thought about doing this since I have plent of hair to go around, can you if you highlight your hair on a regular basis?

I think you have to have at least a foot to give for them to be able to use it, but don't hold me to that. As far as colored hair, I think they'll take anything that looks healthy.

No. If I remember right, your hair needs to be in its 100% natural state.

Edit: Unless they changed something I don't know about.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you have to have at least a foot to give for them to be able to use it, but don't hold me to that. As far as colored hair, I think they'll take anything that looks healthy.

look at my profile pic, I would say I have more then a foot.
But if Dis is right I would have to grow it out for awhile before I could donate.

I haven't done it since I was in my early 20's, and they strand tested my hair because they didn't believe it was my natural color (strawberry reddish blonde - the color people try to get out of a bottle, but fail). I know the salon that I went to at the time would only take natural...

That was a long time ago, tho.

I never did get around to growing my hair that long again - was down to my butt.. :(

look at my profile pic, I would say I have more then a foot.
But if Dis is right I would have to grow it out for awhile before I could donate.

Oh yeah, that's way long enough. Also found this on Locks of Love helps disadvantaged children suffering from medical hair loss .....
Donate Hair

Please Note: Anyone can cut your hair as long as the guidelines listed below are followed. We encourage all of our donors to go to a salon they are already familiar with to ensure their comfort when donating.
GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTABLE DONATIONS

* Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable.
* Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
* Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. If unsure, ask your stylist. We are not able to accept bleached hair due to a chemical reaction that occurs during the manufacturing process. **If the hair was bleached years ago and has completely grown out it is fine to donate.
* Hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable because it is not bundled in a ponytail or braid.
* Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. If shaving your head, first divide hair into multiple ponytails to cut off.
* We cannot accept dreadlocks. Our manufacturer is not able to use them in our children’s hairpieces. We also cannot accept wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
* Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches.
* Layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails.

* Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
* 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.
* Printable Guidelines (PDF)

Please Note:
* Shorter hair will be separated from the ponytails and sold to offset the manufacturing costs. Although the shorter hair cannot be used in the hairpieces, it still greatly helps to reduce costs.
* Gray hair will be accepted and sold to offset the manufacturing costs.
* Colored hair is not usable if it is colored over bleached hair.

I have strawberry blonde reddish hair naturally also. IN high school I had it almost to my butt but I also have thick hair and it would take forever to wash it. I wish I would have known about the program when I finally cut it all off after I graduated. It is getting long again though but I don't think I have the patients to let the highlight all grow out.

oh! I can't because it has been bleached. Well I will tell my friend to do it my place.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I haven't done it since I was in my early 20's, and they strand tested my hair because they didn't believe it was my natural color (strawberry reddish blonde - the color people try to get out of a bottle, but fail). I know the salon that I went to at the time would only take natural...

That was a long time ago, tho.

I never did get around to growing my hair that long again - was down to my butt.. :(

I'm going to venture a compliment here... but that must have been great looking. I love red hair. My last wife had red hair, and she was hot too. It was blond when I met her, then one day in the store I see her buying this bottle of blond hair dye. I asked her what that was for and she said to color her hair. I asked her what color was natural and she said red. I said PUT THAT BLOND SHIT BACK! She thought no one liked the red hair, and was really happy when I told her I liked it.

Last edited:
I have strawberry blonde reddish hair naturally also. IN high school I had it almost to my butt but I also have thick hair and it would take forever to wash it. I wish I would have known about the program when I finally cut it all off after I graduated. It is getting long again though but I don't think I have the patients to let the highlight all grow out.

Man I hear that. I HATED that. All the shampooing, the conditioning, the brushing, the hair ties... I just got fed up with it after eight years.

Forum List

Back