What You Get When You Donate Your Hair...

I hate my red hair, but it hasn't been it's true red in about five years.
I highlight it blonde since I already have blonde in my natural hair color so I still have some red in it.

I have strawberry blonde reddish hair naturally also. IN high school I had it almost to my butt but I also have thick hair and it would take forever to wash it. I wish I would have known about the program when I finally cut it all off after I graduated. It is getting long again though but I don't think I have the patients to let the highlight all grow out.

Man I hear that. I HATED that. All the shampooing, the conditioning, the brushing, the hair ties... I just got fed up with it after eight years.

notice how my hair was strait in the picture? I don't have strait hair, I actually have really curly hair. It takes me about an hour if I am taking my time which I usually do to straiten it.

I haven't done it since I was in my early 20's, and they strand tested my hair because they didn't believe it was my natural color (strawberry reddish blonde - the color people try to get out of a bottle, but fail). I know the salon that I went to at the time would only take natural...

That was a long time ago, tho.

I never did get around to growing my hair that long again - was down to my butt.. :(

I'm going to venture a compliment here... but that must have been great looking. I love red hair. My last wife had red hair, and she was hot too. I was blond when I met here, then one day in the store I see her buying this bottle of blond hair dye. I asked her what that was for and she said to color her. I asked her what color was natural and she said red. I said PUT THAT BLOND SHIT BACK! She thought no one liked the red hair, and was really happy when I told her I liked it.

As a child, I *hated* my hair.. I thought I was some freak of nature because everyone else was blonde, or brown, and I had this dark, dark red shit.. Then as I started getting older, it just started getting lighter and lighter.. I didn't actually start liking it until my late 20's, early 30's. Now, I love it.. Well, I did before I dyed it. :D But, I'll love it again in a few months..

I haven't done it since I was in my early 20's, and they strand tested my hair because they didn't believe it was my natural color (strawberry reddish blonde - the color people try to get out of a bottle, but fail). I know the salon that I went to at the time would only take natural...

That was a long time ago, tho.

I never did get around to growing my hair that long again - was down to my butt.. :(

I'm going to venture a compliment here... but that must have been great looking. I love red hair. My last wife had red hair, and she was hot too. I was blond when I met here, then one day in the store I see her buying this bottle of blond hair dye. I asked her what that was for and she said to color her. I asked her what color was natural and she said red. I said PUT THAT BLOND SHIT BACK! She thought no one liked the red hair, and was really happy when I told her I liked it.

As a child, I *hated* my hair.. I thought I was some freak of nature because everyone else was blonde, or brown, and I had this dark, dark red shit.. Then as I started getting older, it just started getting lighter and lighter.. I didn't actually start liking it until my late 20's, early 30's. Now, I love it.. Well, I did before I dyed it. :D But, I'll love it again in a few months..

Well my brother was going bald when he passed away at 33. My dad has been bald since he was like 20. Both my grand dads were bald, and three of my four great grand dads were bald. Then comes my one great grand dad that had a full, thick head of hair. I must have picked up a recessive gene for hair from him, 'cause I sure didn't get it from anyone closer. My cousins are even bald. They all look at me like, "where in the fuck did you get that head of hair?"

I am with you on that one Dis.
I also hated it being curly, everyone had strait hair and I had a fro.

I don't have curly, or straight. Just wavy, which can be an advantage, or disadvantage, depending on what I'm trying to do.

Well my brother was going bald when he passed away at 33. My dad has been bald since he was like 20. Both my grand dads were bald, and three of my four great grand dads were bald. Then comes my one great grand dad that had a full, thick head of hair. I must have picked up a recessive gene for hair from him, 'cause I sure didn't get it from anyone closer. My cousins are even bald. They all look at me like, "where in the fuck did you get that head of hair?"

The milkman! **ducks**

I don't have curly, or straight. Just wavy, which can be an advantage, or disadvantage, depending on what I'm trying to do.
I blow dry mine out, I literally have a fro.
When I was pregnant and wasn't shedding hair because of prenatals, it was insane.
That is when I should have donated my hair, I didn't dye it then.

I'd send them some hair but what of mine didn't fall out turned gray... I could send them a can of bowling alley wax!:lol:

Seriously, this is a great program.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

The milkman! **ducks**

I'd believe it... if I didn't look so much like my dad... :)

Last edited:
I have that color that's not blond, not brown, not red, but all of them kind of mixed together and looking different depending on the light and what I'm wearing. I suppose they'll pick one and go with it after they get it. :lol:

I'm with you on the time and effort it takes to do anything decent with it, can't wait until I get that last 1/2 inch or so.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back