What Won't They Try To Regulate Next?

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
(Mother nature gave you a set of genes, via your DNA, that causes you to preferentially seek out sugar or sources high in sugar, because sugar, via glucose through the Krebs Cycle is the basic source of the energy that your ancestors needed to outrun that charging leopard that had them in mind as its next meal, or to row that makeshift raft that 100 yards across the river, or that makeshift canoe across that 500 or 1000 miles to the next unseen land mass, or to sculpt the stones for the pharaoh's pyramid, or to sculpt the colummns for the parthenon, or to sculpt the stones for the coliseum. Or doing something as innocuous as writing a few words on a piece of parchment for King John of England to sign that later became known as the Magna Carta, or for Martin Luther to nail on the cathedral door, or to create that magnificently bound document that Japanese Foreign Minister Shigomitzu and General Umezu signed on the deck of the USS Missouri labeled the Articles Of Surrender.
I guess it goes along with the theory that "If a little bit is good, a lot is better" Didn't they already try that with alcohol? I wonder how that turned out? Dumb f%#*ing idiots.)

"Regulate sugar?

What don't "they" want to regulate? Call for Sugar to Be Regulated as a Toxin. That is not from The Onion. Well, I suppose if "they" want to regulate CO2, a basic and necessary ingredient of air, then why not sugar?

Oh, so the scientists are not sure? So what? It's the precautionary principle, and we brain-dead masses can not be left alone with their own food. I can regulate my own sugar, thank you very much. And my own body, too. What do the Feminists say: "Government's hands off my body."

You can't make this stuff up."

Regulate sugar? - Maggie's Farm

Last edited:
Just imagine how powerful our ancestors would have been if they could have washed down a couple of Twinkies with a Big Gulp from 7-Eleven

Just imagine how powerful our ancestors would have been if they could have washed down a couple of Twinkies with a Big Gulp from 7-Eleven

Coming from the same side that says dodgeball is too violent for our children; child sports should not keep score so no one feels like they lost; a spanking of a child you love dearly is battery and not in the best interest of the childs ego;

But I will admit...I found your post humorous?

Hey...dont you live in Suffolk County?

Coming from the same side that says dodgeball is too violent for our children; child sports should not keep score so no one feels like they lost; a spanking of a child you love dearly is battery and not in the best interest of the childs ego;

Yes, Suffolk County. You?

Nassau....what is wrong with this picture....you and I are both retired and sitting inside on the computer on a day like today.

That's a rather marginal publication, so it is probably worth mentioning that diatribe is based on a piece in the current issue of science journal Nature in which Robert Lustig, Laura Schmidt, and Claire Brindis, all of the University of California, San Francisco, call for the regulation of food products containing sugar.

They say sugar is a toxin that poses danger to health which justifies it being regulated like alcohol.

Yeah.

Before dismissing them as fringe nobodies whose idea will go nowhere, you should know that Washington state recently had a measure to put a "sin tax" on sugary snacks up for public vote, similar to the sin tax put on cigarettes and alcohol.

This nonsense is starting to gain momentum.

Last edited:

How about we meet at Bethpage and play 18?

social engineers and central planners know whats best for you and your family

they are only trying to keep busy, and help..............lol

Coming from the same side that says....a spanking of a child you love dearly is battery and not in the best interest of the childs ego...
Ah, yes.....those good ol' days of corporal-punishment (when appropriate/acceptable).....

coffee-spank.jpg

.....'cause doing the same, outside the home, was considered assault.​

Nassau....what is wrong with this picture....you and I are both retired and sitting inside on the computer on a day like today.

I know. But that's the beauty of retirement; endless time to do absolutely nothing and not feel guilty about it.

But I'm in recovery mode today. I spent most of yesterday in the yard with the rake and the shovel and the weed wacker and the blower and the chain saw and schleping mountains of crap into the woods.

So today I'm just going to fuck off and procrastinate.

I know. But that's the beauty of retirement; endless time to do absolutely nothing and not feel guilty about it.

But I'm in recovery mode today. I spent most of yesterday in the yard with the rake and the shovel and the weed wacker and the blower and the chain saw and schleping mountains of crap into the woods.

Did your spring clean up a little early this year? I, too, do my own yard work. I find it invigorating...I also open, close and weekly maintian my pool...even though my boys were pool boys for years....keeps me young.

You boat?

Did your spring clean up a little early this year? I, too, do my own yard work. I find it invigorating...I also open, close and weekly maintian my pool...even though my boys were pool boys for years....keeps me young.

You boat?

Yes. Whats' the point of living on Long Island if you don't have a boat?

May as well live in Kansas.

And that's part of the reason why I like to get the yard work done early. Once the boat goes in, that's it for the yard work.

Last edited:
(Mother nature gave you a set of genes, via your DNA, that causes you to preferentially seek out sugar or sources high in sugar, because sugar, via glucose through the Krebs Cycle is the basic source of the energy that your ancestors needed to outrun that charging leopard that had them in mind as its next meal, or to row that makeshift raft that 100 yards across the river, or that makeshift canoe across that 500 or 1000 miles to the next unseen land mass, or to sculpt the stones for the pharaoh's pyramid, or to sculpt the colummns for the parthenon, or to sculpt the stones for the coliseum. Or doing something as innocuous as writing a few words on a piece of parchment for King John of England to sign that later became known as the Magna Carta, or for Martin Luther to nail on the cathedral door, or to create that magnificently bound document that Japanese Foreign Minister Shigomitzu and General Umezu signed on the deck of the USS Missouri labeled the Articles Of Surrender.
I guess it goes along with the theory that "If a little bit is good, a lot is better" Didn't they already try that with alcohol? I wonder how that turned out? Dumb f%#*ing idiots.)

"Regulate sugar?

What don't "they" want to regulate? Call for Sugar to Be Regulated as a Toxin. That is not from The Onion. Well, I suppose if "they" want to regulate CO2, a basic and necessary ingredient of air, then why not sugar?

Oh, so the scientists are not sure? So what? It's the precautionary principle, and we brain-dead masses can not be left alone with their own food. I can regulate my own sugar, thank you very much. And my own body, too. What do the Feminists say: "Government's hands off my body."

You can't make this stuff up."

Regulate sugar? - Maggie's Farm

You are nothing short of a full blown idiot. Do a little research on diabetes. It is epidemic in this country. It kills people. It kills millions of people. It causes liver and pancreas and kidney disease. Type 2 Diabetes is for the most part preventable. Your little story about ancient man is the worst kind of example. Ancient man NEVER saw proccessed sugar. He got his sugar from fruits and grains and in some cases honey and vegitation sap.

Your body was not designed to proccess large quantities of proccessed sugar.

Corporations are not concerned with the public health consequences of selling as much as they can of any given product. Sugar is a prime example. If they did have a conscience and only sold products in a way that also promoted intelligent use of those products there would be but a tiny fraction of the problems that arrise from the over use of these products. They do not have a conscience. Therefore it is wise policy to do for the corporations what they refuse to do for themselves and the public.

Promoting public health is good policy.

You boat?

And that's part of the reason why I like to get the yard work done early. Once the boat goes in, that's it for the yard work.

lol....I actually dont have a boat right now. I was bidding on one through MarineMax in Lindenhurst.....that was before last summer....and my wife talked me out of it. Was a 2001Sea Ray 340...frersh water cooled...300 hundred hours...was a great deal.
However, back on the market again.....downgrading to a 32 footer....
You south shore or north shore? Where do you fish?

You boat?

lol....I actually dont have a boat right now. I was bidding on one through MarineMax in Lindenhurst.....that was before last summer....and my wife talked me out of it. Was a 2001Sea Ray 340...frersh water cooled...300 hundred hours...was a great deal.
However, back on the market again.....downgrading to a 32 footer....
You south shore or north shore? Where do you fish?

Sea Ray's are nice boats. Nice, but pricey. Mine's a Century 2400WA with a 250 Yamaha four stroke. Bought it new in 2006. It's my third boat in close to 40 years now and hopefully my last.

I'm on the North Shore and fish the Sound (aka The Dead Sea). Fishing used to be great, but when I say "used to be", I'm talking like 30 years ago. I blame the commercial guys with their nets scoooping up everything in sight. In my harbor alone, there are four commercial boats and you know they're not going any further than they have to to catch fish.

C'mon guys, I know you have to make a living and all but save some fish for the rest of us.

California regulates football tossing and frisbee throwing, so no there's nothing they won't regulate.

What next, a gov't official going to every house ordering you to get on a treadmill an hour a day? This pop thing is just bureacrats trying to control and pretending they're doing it to help you.

Therefore it is wise policy to do for the corporations what they refuse to do for themselves and the public.

I have a better idea. How about you exercise a little self control and stop stuffing shit into your mouth?

It just kills me that people demand the government to stop making it easy for them to be idiots. Whether it is forcing SuperPACS out of business because they can't stop themselves from believing political ads, or forcing junk food makers out of business because they can't stop cramming food into their own pieholes.

Grow the fuck up and be responsible for yourself. No one is forcing fat bastards to eat sugar.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back