what will the world be like if Iran gets the bomb ?

If Iran gets nukes we are at the mercy of religious ideologues

"The bomb" is something that could only be controlled if all nations really desired peaceful co-existence. It is a technological achievement that will eventually spread more and more if we don't 'grow up' as a race.
It is not un-American to admit the errors of past generations and to recognize some of the foundations of resentment that might exist. One category of those errors is how 'we' have used and tested these horrible devices, setting an atrocious example to the world. No wonder our opinions and advice in the matter are ignored and/or laughed at.
We have been poorly served by the saying, "if you want peace, prepare for war". We prepared for war from 1945 to 1990 and when peace 'broke out', we were woefully unprepared to make deep, serious, lasting change. All that has happened has been a very painful reconstruction of the same failed approach to the international scene. We depend entirely too much on sheer force and not enough on simple mutually constructive help.
One more nation possessing nuclear weapons is not good, but it really doesn't change things appreciably.

"The bomb" is something that could only be controlled if all nations really desired peaceful co-existence. >>>> It is not un-American to admit the errors of past generations and to recognize some of the foundations of resentment that might exist. >>>> when peace 'broke out', we were woefully unprepared to make deep, serious, lasting change >>>>We depend entirely too much on sheer force and not enough on simple mutually constructive help.
Well said!:clap2:
One more nation possessing nuclear weapons is not good, but it really doesn't change things appreciably.
I think you're probably right.

You and I can postulate insightfully, on a hunch, or what we overheard two drunks say at the bowling alley 'snack & tap' on a Friday night. But in the end, we don't matter (except for the praise or slander we elicit from our fellow forum members who read this) because it is Iran's nation, with a very, very rich culture and history.

I think the crux of it is that Iran had a fully operational Democratic government that "we" destroyed. "We" replaced it with a despot named Shah. What happened under the Shah (with Western approval!) is a matter of treacherous record, so Khomeini stepped in with his Islamic Revolution and put a stop to it. Was it better than the American-backed Shah? Undeniably, yes. Has it developed since then to something even better? Very doubtful. Here's the thing, Iranians have experienced Democracy, Western treachery, and Fundamentalist, Islamic Rule. My personal opinion is that Iran's Democratic government was best, but ......... we destroyed it! I say let Iran run their country as they wish. If they do not behave in a Democratic manner it's our fault. If they are anti-West it is our fault. If they start beheading their own citizens for not following fundamental rules it's our fault. If they build the bomb it's our fault. If they threaten the West with their bomb it's our fault. "We" can probably change all of that but "we" want to get our hands on Iran's oil fields so change isn't likely ..... so IT IS "OUR" FAULT.

I support Iran and I only say that after much thought and consideration. You see, I was in Iran during the buildup to the Revolution. I had people throw stones at me in Esfahan and I left the country only 3 days before the American embassy was stormed and the American hostages were taken. I despised Iran. But then I unenthusiastically started learning about what happened there. Democracy - Mossedeq - Operation T.P. Ajax - the Shah - Iran's willingness to befriend the West, etc. Now I understand and I support them.
The CIA was largely responsible for the overthrow if Iran’s Iran's elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh.

While we don’t know everything the CIA has done, it does seem the all too often it has done more harm than good.

The CIA was largely responsible for the overthrow if Iran’s Iran's elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh.

While we don’t know everything the CIA has done, it does seem the all too often it has done more harm than good.

Elected? How many votes did he get?

Yes, the CIA at the request of Britain.
I'm trying to think of something good they did but I don't know of anything. I'm sure they must have done something good but I just don't know what it was. It surprises me that so many Americans still see the information given out by the CIA as the most trustworthy of all world sources of information despite the continuous string of lies they spew such as the WMD thing in Irak with fake proof and false intercepted conversations, etc.

Yes, the CIA at the request of Britain.

I'm trying to think of something good they did but I don't know of anything. I'm sure they must have done something good but I just don't know what it was. It surprises me that so many Americans still see the information given out by the CIA as the most trustworthy of all world sources of information despite the continuous string of lies they spew such as the WMD thing in Irak with fake proof and false intercepted conversations, etc.
One thing for sure about spies is that they are excellent at lying.

The criminally insane moron is currently giving the bomb to SAudi Arabia, too. Apparently the same Party that promotes sexually mutilating children thinks it's a great idea to hand out nukes to all the Islamo-Nutzee dictatorships.

Saudi Arabia can buy their own nukes. They have opposed nuclear proliferation in the region since the 1950s.

Elected? How many votes did he get?

. Mohammad Mossadegh was Iran’s prime minister elected as such by the Iranian Parliament at a time when parliamentary elections were in fact considered legitimate in Iran. For millions of Iranians he symbolizes Iranian sovereignty and patriotism.

During his short tenure in office (April 1951-August 1953) he managed to implement the legislation (which he had spearheaded in Parliament) that nationalized the oil industry, ending almost 50 years of British monopoly over Iran’s petroleum excavation, extraction, research, marketing and sales.

In a now infamous covert military operation known as “Operation Ajax” (referred to as the Coup in Iranian,) British and American intelligence services, with the help of Iranian elements, used rogue elements in the military and removed him from office on Aug. 19, 1953 (28 Mordad 1332). After the Coup he was court-martialed and sentenced to three years in prison.

In an illegal move even by the regime’s own standards, Shah’s government exiled him to house arrest in a remote village his family owned until his death on March 5, 1967. He was laid to rest inside the dining room of his residence in the village of Ahmadabad in a private ceremony.

The US blew it. ...all to help the Brits cheat the Iranians on oil revenues.

Nobody...agreed with the US.. not Arabs, or oilmen or diplomats or expats. It was a huge blunder.

. Mohammad Mossadegh was Iran’s prime minister elected as such by the Iranian Parliament at a time when parliamentary elections were in fact considered legitimate in Iran. For millions of Iranians he symbolizes Iranian sovereignty and patriotism.

During his short tenure in office (April 1951-August 1953) he managed to implement the legislation (which he had spearheaded in Parliament) that nationalized the oil industry, ending almost 50 years of British monopoly over Iran’s petroleum excavation, extraction, research, marketing and sales.

In a now infamous covert military operation known as “Operation Ajax” (referred to as the Coup in Iranian,) British and American intelligence services, with the help of Iranian elements, used rogue elements in the military and removed him from office on Aug. 19, 1953 (28 Mordad 1332). After the Coup he was court-martialed and sentenced to three years in prison.

In an illegal move even by the regime’s own standards, Shah’s government exiled him to house arrest in a remote village his family owned until his death on March 5, 1967. He was laid to rest inside the dining room of his residence in the village of Ahmadabad in a private ceremony.

How many votes did he get?

what will the world be like if Iran gets the bomb ?
If Iran gets nukes we are at the mercy of religious ideologues
Maybe yes, maybe no. But I doubt that religion has anything to do with it. What nation is the biggest nuclear threat to the world? The US. Is the US guiding its nuclear endeavors along religious lines? No. It is running amok with Imperialistic gluttony. So, for the sake of discussion let us say that Iran is the only nation courageous or negligent enough to go toe-to-toe against the US. Will Iran claim they are the vanguard of religious necessity or of humanitarian ethics? Does it matter? No, it does not. The US could have followed along with the nuclear de-escalation that was being pledged by other nations but the US flatly refused. And here we are, scrambling to catch up for nuclear readiness when the Yankees start pushing the red buttons. That catch-up is the only thing saving the globe from complete American treachery. Like it or not that's the truth of it. Iran (as well as Russia, China, and North Korea) must have the bomb. :45:

Forum List

Back