What will Repubs Do if they win in November?

What were the problems when the R's controlled congress from 94 to 06? Also, R's controlled congress from 00-06. Dems controlled it for 4 years, 06-10, not two.

Wrong!
The Republican Party kept control of both the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate until 2007. The Democratic Party wrested control of both houses of the 110th Congress, although by a very slim margin, especially in the Senate.
The composition of the 109th Congress (2005 - 2007) was as follows:
Senate: 44 D, 55 R House: 202 D, 231 R
The composition of the 110th Congress (2007 - ) is as follows:
Senate: 49 D, 49 R House: 233 D, 198 R

If the repubs win, they will share the blame for whats going on. After Six years of complete control we have nothing to show for it and they want another crack at it.

Seems like the only important thing is to win, but when you win THEN you must have a plan or be blamed for the same economy we have today. Will the repubs change it? Just look at the economy and you tell me. 6 beats 2 every time, except in a dice game.

First off repeal Obamacare, secondly make the Bush tax cuts permanent, third cut down the size of government especially zeroing out all the czars, fourth secure our southern border these things are just for starters.

You know they wont be able to repeal it right? They wont have the numbers...so, that wont happen. Tax cuts are still here today, and the result has been no jobs, bigger deficit. Why do it again if it hasnt provided any positive results?

Czars? Yeah, that's a big problem. And if you believe repubs are going to seal the unsealable border, I have a bridge to sell you.

First off repeal Obamacare, secondly make the Bush tax cuts permanent, third cut down the size of government especially zeroing out all the czars, fourth secure our southern border these things are just for starters.

How? Are you seriously dumb enough to think President Obama will sign a repeal of his signature law? :cuckoo:

Same goes for all of those. Obama isn't gonna turn into a hard-core conservative just because you guys get the majority.

I predict little to no results on anything, if the Republicans get the majority. They weren't willing to work with Dems before, why would they if they get the majority? Their sole mission is to see Obama fail.

The goal is not Obama failing, but the US surviving.

Wrong! The stated goal was for Obama to fail. There was no stated goals by the R's on how to fix the myriad problems facing our country. This is true today, the R's have only one goal, returning to power.
If they do, they will face a battle from both the left and far right - it will be very interesting.

How? Are you seriously dumb enough to think President Obama will sign a repeal of his signature law? :cuckoo:

Same goes for all of those. Obama isn't gonna turn into a hard-core conservative just because you guys get the majority.

I predict little to no results on anything, if the Republicans get the majority. They weren't willing to work with Dems before, why would they if they get the majority? Their sole mission is to see Obama fail.

Ohhh yeah, I forgot. Obama's the guy that's trying to kill all the babies and grandma. We've gotta stop this guy! Lmao, so fucking pathetic. Obama has done more to build up this country in 2 years than Republican Presidents have in all of their terms combined!

I leave you with a quote:
"Let's make this his waterloo.." - Jim DeMint on Health Reform.

They want Obama to fail. Even Rush said as much.

Last edited:

Wrong! The stated goal was for Obama to fail. There was no stated goals by the R's on how to fix the myriad problems facing our country. This is true today, the R's have only one goal, returning to power.
If they do, they will face a battle from both the left and far right - it will be very interesting.

link. Stated.

What will Repubs Do if they win in November?

they are winning one branch of the 3 necessary to enact leg. on their own.....in short very little in that aspect. Their true power lies in their ability to negate legislation.

AND...they do have 2 other ancillary props and one big one ... the ability to frame the legislative agenda ( which they need to do, and better or else) ,the authority to subpoena and investigate the executive branch ( which I hope they don't use) and the biggey; control over the purse, as in funding, (not entitlements like Social Security or Medicare unfortunately ) anything can die there any time they make up their minds to let it.

If the repubs win, they will share the blame for whats going on. After Six years of complete control we have nothing to show for it and they want another crack at it.

Seems like the only important thing is to win, but when you win THEN you must have a plan or be blamed for the same economy we have today. Will the repubs change it? Just look at the economy and you tell me. 6 beats 2 every time, except in a dice game.

And they won't get the 2/3rds to over-ride Obama's veto on the health-insurance law repeal. I think any repeal, if at all, would be done in pieces through the courts.

Maybe Obama will sign the extension for all brackets into law, maybe not. Congressional Democrats aren't know for having a spine, so enough of them may capitulate to Republicans on that categorical extension that it would exclude a Presidential veto.

It will be interesting to see how the party of fiscal responsibility will reconcile tax cuts with securing the Southern border, which won't be free or cheap.

I appreciate this, a seminal OP...

An excellent question, and one foremost on the minds of conservatives...rather than Republicans.

And explored in the speech of Professor Paul Rahe, which begins as follows:

"Conservatism in America is now at a nadir. What would happen if it were to recover? What if the friends of limited government were to make a dramatic comeback, as they did in 1938, 1946, 1966, and 1994? In January [2009], this would have seemed a pipe dream.

Now, however, as the Obama administration flounders and the President’s negatives rise, the Republicans ride higher in the polls, Democratic senators from toss-up states begin to display anxiety, and citizens of all political stripes stage Tea Parties across the nation, such a scenario seems conceivable. But if this were to happen, would the advocates of limited government be ready to rule?

Thus far, they have been tactically adept, and we can foresee the possibility that they will stick to their guns and refuse to become what they were before 1980: tax-collectors for a swollen welfare state. This is, however, the easy part, and there is no sign yet that anyone has given serious thought to developing a coherent program for governance. "
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/digital/rahe/default.asp

This sounds much like my thinking. I don't expect much 'change' even if the best turnover estimates come true. However, I'll be looking at the voting records of the newly elected. Are they fighting both entrenched parties? If so, re-elect. If not, they are the same as those whom they replaced.

What's much more important is on the state level. Who's newly elected state-wide? New governor? What are they doing? That's where real change happens.

2012 is the date to watch, if the tea party folks keep an eye on these folks.

"What's much more important is on the state level..."

Great point...and, while there has been a great deal of hot air about removing the 14th amendment,- which nobody wants- a far more significant change would be the removal of the 17th amendment.

The 17th provided for the direct election of United States Senators, putting the federal government in a position to secure for itself unlimited funding, and denying to the state legislatures, which had once chosen the Senators, the capacity to defend state and local governments against federal encroachment.

What were the problems when the R's controlled congress from 94 to 06? Also, R's controlled congress from 00-06. Dems controlled it for 4 years, 06-10, not two.

Wrong!
The Republican Party kept control of both the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate until 2007. The Democratic Party wrested control of both houses of the 110th Congress, although by a very slim margin, especially in the Senate.

What are you arguing about? You just restated what I just said, lol. You're arguing minute details that are meaningless. In November of 2006, the dems won the house 233-202 and the senate 51-49. These numbers aren't up for interpretation. In Nov 08 the dems increased their numbers in the house to 257-178 and the senate 60-40. Kennedy died in 09 and was replaced in a special election in which Brown won. That brings us to where we currently are 59 dems to 41 R's.

Last edited:

Wrong!
The Republican Party kept control of both the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate until 2007.

The Democratic Party wrested control of both houses of the 110th Congress, although by a very slim margin, especially in the Senate.

:lol:please huh.....you're making me cry...

dude,this is why I rarely read what you post anymore.

Although I would love to see a change in the guard and some political checks and balances in regards to the legislative and executive branches, I will not be getting my hopes up the day after the election. The R's have to earn their trust with me again, especially after their last go around.
But even if they do get a majority in either house, I don't see either side, and especially the prez, making any compromises. It will be gridlock.

And they won't get the 2/3rds to over-ride Obama's veto on the health-insurance law repeal. I think any repeal, if at all, would be done in pieces through the courts.

Maybe Obama will sign the extension for all brackets into law, maybe not. Congressional Democrats aren't know for having a spine, so enough of them may capitulate to Republicans on that categorical extension that it would exclude a Presidential veto.

It will be interesting to see how the party of fiscal responsibility will reconcile tax cuts with securing the Southern border, which won't be free or cheap.

If they win close to the projections, it will be interesting to watch what happens. I do not expect Obama to make any consessions, regardless of the myth of his attempts to reach across, no evidence of that, since he said, 'shut up and sit down, we won.' within moments of being inaugurated. He's not an accommodator. He's a true believer.

Obama is going to take it right up the ass and we all get to watch.

His arrogant attitude during the health care debate will not be forgotten. As he said in his own words........."that is what elections are for". This should be a "teachable moment" for the "lecturer in grief".

If they win close to the projections, it will be interesting to watch what happens. I do not expect Obama to make any consessions, regardless of the myth of his attempts to reach across, no evidence of that, since he said, 'shut up and sit down, we won.' within moments of being inaugurated. He's not an accommodator. He's a true believer.

If that is the worse example you have on him of not being open to compromise. That's not proof of anything that has to do with compromise. Actions speak louder than words and he included them in the healthcare bill, then they run to the mics and say "we werent included". Include them in the Stimulus and they run to the mics and say "we werent included" It's old...

His arrogant attitude during the health care debate will not be forgotten. As he said in his own words........."that is what elections are for". This should be a "teachable moment" for the "lecturer in grief".

While harsh, I agree with you. Hubris caused this quote along with the one about the oceans. He'll live and die by them now.

Although I would love to see a change in the guard and some political checks and balances in regards to the legislative and executive branches, I will not be getting my hopes up the day after the election. The R's have to earn their trust with me again, especially after their last go around.
But even if they do get a majority in either house, I don't see either side, and especially the prez, making any compromises. It will be gridlock.

Sounds like a win - win to me. If there are just as many R's and D's, then little to nothing gets done. And if the Fed can't get things done? They can't make it worse. :eusa_pray:

Sweet, sweet gridlock :eusa_drool:

mp-gay-called-580x725.jpg

If that is the worse example you have on him of not being open to compromise. That's not proof of anything that has to do with compromise. Actions speak louder than words and he included them in the healthcare bill, then they run to the mics and say "we werent included". Include them in the Stimulus and they run to the mics and say "we werent included" It's old...

Each and every addition the R's put into the health bill were removed.

Ew. You wanna watch Obama take it up the ass?

Forum List

Back