What will Repubs Do if they win in November?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
If the repubs win, they will share the blame for whats going on. After Six years of complete control we have nothing to show for it and they want another crack at it.

Seems like the only important thing is to win, but when you win THEN you must have a plan or be blamed for the same economy we have today. Will the repubs change it? Just look at the economy and you tell me. 6 beats 2 every time, except in a dice game.

No idea. Depending on which right-sided post you read, Republicans will do anything from investigating Obama's legitimacy to be President, to completely repealing the health-insurance law, to continuing the DC status quo. It's up in the air.

I think Republicans will with the House and narrow their minority in the Senate... and it will amount to a lot of bi-partisan squwaking in gridlock.

The run of the mill R will go back to biz as usual. How much they can do, depends on numbers. If they level the playing feild, there will be grid lock in DC for a while. (sweet, sweet gridlock :eusa_drool::eusa_pray:)

The TEA R's will have to walk the talk or be dumped in 6.

If the R's get enough pull, they can drag big 0 to the right like they did clinton and we can have some prosperity. Hopefully this time the Vets won't get fucked over in the process.

They need to get control and wipe the floor with the Marxists.. that means:

1. Stopping Obama's Marxist Blitzkrieg
2. Ushering Reid and Pelosi to the door
3. Telling the RINOS's to find Jesus or watch out.

No more compromises, stop the insanity.

If the repubs win, they will share the blame for whats going on. After Six years of complete control we have nothing to show for it and they want another crack at it.

Seems like the only important thing is to win, but when you win THEN you must have a plan or be blamed for the same economy we have today. Will the repubs change it? Just look at the economy and you tell me. 6 beats 2 every time, except in a dice game.

I appreciate this, a seminal OP...

An excellent question, and one foremost on the minds of conservatives...rather than Republicans.

And explored in the speech of Professor Paul Rahe, which begins as follows:

"Conservatism in America is now at a nadir. What would happen if it were to recover? What if the friends of limited government were to make a dramatic comeback, as they did in 1938, 1946, 1966, and 1994? In January [2009], this would have seemed a pipe dream.

Now, however, as the Obama administration flounders and the President’s negatives rise, the Republicans ride higher in the polls, Democratic senators from toss-up states begin to display anxiety, and citizens of all political stripes stage Tea Parties across the nation, such a scenario seems conceivable. But if this were to happen, would the advocates of limited government be ready to rule?

Thus far, they have been tactically adept, and we can foresee the possibility that they will stick to their guns and refuse to become what they were before 1980: tax-collectors for a swollen welfare state. This is, however, the easy part, and there is no sign yet that anyone has given serious thought to developing a coherent program for governance. "
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/digital/rahe/default.asp

Dont you think you're setting the bar to high? I mean, besides taking those two to the door, I know what that means, what is the other stuff? Find Jesus, and Obamas Blitzplay? What does that mean?

First off repeal Obamacare, secondly make the Bush tax cuts permanent, third cut down the size of government especially zeroing out all the czars, fourth secure our southern border these things are just for starters.

How old are you? 12? Is your IQ 12 as well?

Boeing54kueuvg.jpg

I appreciate this, a seminal OP...

An excellent question, and one foremost on the minds of conservatives...rather than Republicans.

And explored in the speech of Professor Paul Rahe, which begins as follows:

"Conservatism in America is now at a nadir. What would happen if it were to recover? What if the friends of limited government were to make a dramatic comeback, as they did in 1938, 1946, 1966, and 1994? In January [2009], this would have seemed a pipe dream.

Now, however, as the Obama administration flounders and the President’s negatives rise, the Republicans ride higher in the polls, Democratic senators from toss-up states begin to display anxiety, and citizens of all political stripes stage Tea Parties across the nation, such a scenario seems conceivable. But if this were to happen, would the advocates of limited government be ready to rule?

Thus far, they have been tactically adept, and we can foresee the possibility that they will stick to their guns and refuse to become what they were before 1980: tax-collectors for a swollen welfare state. This is, however, the easy part, and there is no sign yet that anyone has given serious thought to developing a coherent program for governance. "
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/digital/rahe/default.asp

This sounds much like my thinking. I don't expect much 'change' even if the best turnover estimates come true. However, I'll be looking at the voting records of the newly elected. Are they fighting both entrenched parties? If so, re-elect. If not, they are the same as those whom they replaced.

What's much more important is on the state level. Who's newly elected state-wide? New governor? What are they doing? That's where real change happens.

2012 is the date to watch, if the tea party folks keep an eye on these folks.

What were the problems when the R's controlled congress from 94 to 06? Also, R's controlled congress from 00-06. Dems controlled it for 4 years, 06-10, not two.

Thats why I said complete control..:cool:

Gotcha. If the R's turn into a bunch of Mike Castles then they'll get voted out in two to 6 years. Spending has to stop, we have to pay off our debt. Otherwise, we'll just circle the walls of the shitter for a little longer and then get flushed away.

Dont you think you're setting the bar to high? I mean, besides taking those two to the door, I know what that means, what is the other stuff? Find Jesus, and Obamas Blitzplay? What does that mean?

Reid may not get re-elected as it is. for both of them, if thier party loses the majority, they lose thier seats and an R steps in.

I get #1, but I'm not sure about #3.

Number one is just a hollow platitude. That starry-eyed dog whistling may bring in the voters, but it's not a specific policy.

You think Republicans need to be Christian? :eusa_eh:

First off repeal Obamacare, secondly make the Bush tax cuts permanent, third cut down the size of government especially zeroing out all the czars, fourth secure our southern border these things are just for starters.

Yes, please let them try to repeal Obamacare. Let's see how well that works for you. Then, yes make the tax cuts permanent for the wealthiest 2% of Americans. Let's see how well that works out for you. Please explain the GOP's plan for cutting the size of government. For some reason, John Boehner left out ALL specifics from his "Contract Hit on America". And finally, why would the GOP secure our southern border now, since they didn't do it in the 8 years Bush was in office or any other time a Republican was in office before that?

How? Are you seriously dumb enough to think President Obama will sign a repeal of his signature law? :cuckoo:

Same goes for all of those. Obama isn't gonna turn into a hard-core conservative just because you guys get the majority.

I predict little to no results on anything, if the Republicans get the majority. They weren't willing to work with Dems before, why would they if they get the majority? Their sole mission is to see Obama fail.

The question what will the Repubicans do if they return to power has been asked for months. By the lack of answers, it is clear the Republican leadership has but one idea. Cut! Cut taxes, cut regulations - and that puts us back to where we were under Bush&Co.
Of course, cutting taxes will increase the debt, an economic factor which is motivating the tea party people and exploited by the Republican leadership.
Both the R's and T's claim they will cut spending. Since that has been the promise for more than 30 years one must be pretty damn naive to believe that will happen.

How? Are you seriously dumb enough to think President Obama will sign a repeal of his signature law? :cuckoo:

Same goes for all of those. Obama isn't gonna turn into a hard-core conservative just because you guys get the majority.

I predict little to no results on anything, if the Republicans get the majority. They weren't willing to work with Dems before, why would they if they get the majority? Their sole mission is to see Obama fail.

The goal is not Obama failing, but the US surviving.

Forum List

Back