What will Keith Olbermann's next gig be?

They think because Kieth had a dispute with al gore on the reporting on the cacucs that it means Olberman will be dumped.

I have heard the dispute was about the signal breaking up while Olberman was on the air.

Last night he did his show in a hoody like top and mere black screen behind him.

To compare Madow with beck or Oliely is a sysmptom of your severe partisanship

And that was the case at MSNBC.

Frankly, people like him, O'Reilly, Beck, Madcow are doing more damage to our country than Al Qaeda.

so ewe being the dick tater ewe are would do away with freedom of speech.. what an asswipe.. now the question is whose ass to you wipe? Hugo Chavez I bet.

It's not an issue of "Freedom of Speech". Just because you are allowed to do something doesn't make it a good idea.

Democracy works if you have honest discussions about problems, formulate solutions, and then come to an agreement on how to implement them. If the solution doesn't work, you start over.

The Talking Blowhards of both left and right aren't about solutions or discussion. They are about bloviating, about stoking anger for ratings.

Beck was so crazy that Fox News had to fire him. (I'm assuming you are upset I put Beck on the list... somehow, if I limited to MadCow and Olbie, I doubt you'd be upset.) He wasn't adding anything to the conversation and was getting quite crazy at the end. Michael Savage needs to be medicated. Olberman seems to be a bit nuts, too.

I think Maddow and O'Reilly are a bit more rational, but they have to compete with the crazies for ratings... so they dip into the crazy pool too.

Frankly, people like him, O'Reilly, Beck, Madcow are doing more damage to our country than Al Qaeda.

so ewe being the dick tater ewe are would do away with freedom of speech.. what an asswipe.. now the question is whose ass to you wipe? Hugo Chavez I bet.

It's not an issue of "Freedom of Speech". Just because you are allowed to do something doesn't make it a good idea.

Democracy works if you have honest discussions about problems, formulate solutions, and then come to an agreement on how to implement them. If the solution doesn't work, you start over.

The Talking Blowhards of both left and right aren't about solutions or discussion. They are about bloviating, about stoking anger for ratings.

Beck was so crazy that Fox News had to fire him. (I'm assuming you are upset I put Beck on the list... somehow, if I limited to MadCow and Olbie, I doubt you'd be upset.) He wasn't adding anything to the conversation and was getting quite crazy at the end. Michael Savage needs to be medicated. Olberman seems to be a bit nuts, too.

I think Maddow and O'Reilly are a bit more rational, but they have to compete with the crazies for ratings... so they dip into the crazy pool too.

there's not a damn thing rational about madcow but I'd never say she's more dangerous than AlQaida, you damn fool.

there's not a damn thing rational about madcow but I'd never say she's more dangerous than AlQaida, you damn fool.

Didn't say "more dangerous", I said, doing more damage, which these people certainly do.

Could you imagine the deal that Tip O'Neill and Ronald Reagan struck in 1983 to save social security being struck today? Hell, no! The Bloviating talking heads would be all over both of them.

There are problems I think both parties want to fix, but they are too afraid of the loudmouths on both sides to comprimise.

The film Network saw this problem coming 35 years ago. When news becomes entertainment and ratings and profit become more important than keeping the citizenry informed, the system ceases to function. When the line between Newscaster and News Clown become increasingly blurred, how can we make good decisions?

Give Olbermann time...

Along with Dan Patrick, he helped set the tone for ESPN
He put MSNBC on the map

He may be a pit bull, but he is funny and turns cable TV stations around

Funny they ignore that Olberman was the only one telling the truth about the invasion of Iraq.

They think because Kieth had a dispute with al gore on the reporting on the cacucs that it means Olberman will be dumped.

I have heard the dispute was about the signal breaking up while Olberman was on the air.

Last night he did his show in a hoody like top and mere black screen behind him.

You're one of the ten people that actually WATCH Current, TM? Ah...that explains so much.

You're one of the ten people that actually WATCH Current, TM? Ah...that explains so much.

I'd watch it if my cable company carried it

Olbermann is funny as hell

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ff46b58Hk]Goodfellas:"Funny, How?" Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Of course you would...

Fluffers love other fluffers...

Whoa...TEN? Ten viewers? Somebody ought to tell MSNBC Current's creepin' up.

I can agree with you.

People like Olbermann, Schultz, Hannity, Beck and the like, plus in general Fox News and MSNBC have done a great job in polarizing the US to the point of hate amongst strong partisans.
It wasn't always this way, what I mean by "this way" is the strong hate between the left and the right which has carried over into Washington politics. It all started with the emergence of Fox News and MSNBC. Prior to that, there was actually something called bipartisanship that worked really well, stuff got done in Washington.
When Clinton was in office, he and the GOP did battle over legislation and we did have a government shutdown but over all, bipartisanship was used to to get important things done. Now nothing gets done, there is no bipartisanship and the only way things will ever get done in Washington is for the politicians to grow the fuck up!
As my avatar shows, I belong to No Labels and what No Labels is about is getting Washington functional again by pushing bipartisanship for the betterment of this country. In other words, country first, ideology second. No Labels will support candidates who have shown the flexibility to work with the other side of the aisle, whether they be Republican or Democrat.
Poll after poll has shown a huge majority of Americans are sick and tired of a dysfunctional government that gets nothing done, thus the record low rating of Congress. When S&P lowered the US's credit rating, much of it had to do with the rabid partisanship in Washington. Moody's has also warned that if the continued dysfunctional government remains the course, it too will lower the US's credit rating. In a nutshell, strong and uncooperative partisanship is ruining the US now and in the future.

Barricaded Inside His Show
09jpcarr-articleLarge.jpg

Meanwhile, Mr. Olbermann refused to participate in any programming outside the parameters of his regularly scheduled “Countdown,” a show where he has all but taken himself hostage by broadcasting against a black backdrop. The motif scans as a running protest against the technical problems at the channel, with a candle lit to mark the start of the vigil...

Current executives have been reduced to communicating with their biggest talent through his manager and lawyer, with both sides working the media to get their story out...

Having worked for big, moneyed cable outfits in the past, Mr. Olbermann was clearly disappointed in the deep technical problems at Current TV, a cable news start-up that had trouble producing live news programming, including “Countdown,” his 8 p.m. show. He declined to lead the channel’s special political coverage until those problems were resolved, but Current TV officials called his bluff and went ahead without him, pre-empting his show in the process. It was a game of chicken in which everybody ended up with egg on their faces...

Mr. Olbermann, who is reportedly being paid $50 million over the course of a five-year contract, had more than a million viewers when he left at MSNBC at the start of last year, but in the most recent ratings period, he was reaching just 200,000 people a night at Current TV, according to Nielsen...

Current TV wants to be a player in the cable news/opinion world and most especially in the 2012 election, but their production capabilities are not ready for prime time and the man who was supposed to take the lead has barricaded himself within the four corners of his show and, so far, he’s not coming out.

What a fucking baby.

Ole Keith should of stuck to sports broadcasting...

he now deserves everything that come his way...he was such a political jerkoff..

I feel nothing for him

Forum List

Back