What Will It Take For Peace?

MJB12741

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2012
Let us suppose Israel removes all Jews from all settlements, grants Palestinians a right of return, gives Palestinians all of Jerusalem, removes the capital back to tel Aviv, tears down all security fences & grants Palestinian self determination.

Is there ANYONE nuts enough to believe even this would end in a lasting peace between Israel & the Palestinians? So again I ask, what will it take for peace, other than a total destruction & elimination of Israel & all Jews? And that will not ever happen.

1. This is a very serious topic.

2. No one (and certainly not I) knows what Fate holds in store for Israel.

3. I do think, however, that there are two possibilities:

a. Israel (like the Crusader states) eventually fades away.

b. The leading nations of the world eventually impose a solution on both Israel and the Palestinians.

Let us suppose Israel removes all Jews from all settlements, grants Palestinians a right of return, gives Palestinians all of Jerusalem, removes the capital back to tel Aviv, tears down all security fences & grants Palestinian self determination.

Is there ANYONE nuts enough to believe even this would end in a lasting peace between Israel & the Palestinians? So again I ask, what will it take for peace, other than a total destruction & elimination of Israel & all Jews? And that will not ever happen.
I think both sides think they will 'win' in the long run so neither side really wants to sacrifice for peace. Until they do the stalemate will continue.

The US could put pressure on Israel but we won't. If the US stationed 5,000 troops on the border their security would be insured and they could accept a peace deal knowing they will never again be invaded.

Generational hatred is not going away without a fight and a defeat big enough to end it....talking is a waste of time....signatures on documents are a waste of time...you must defeat the haters totally and completely....and make them never want to fight again...

I don't think Tel-Aviv was ever the capital of Israel. Wasn't West Jerusalem the capital of Israel even before East Jerusalem was liberated?

Generational hatred is not going away without a fight and a defeat big enough to end it....talking is a waste of time....signatures on documents are a waste of time...you must defeat the haters totally and completely....and make them never want to fight again...
An excellent example of the sort of hatred that dividing this country. (You were being sarcastic weren't you?)

An excellent example of the sort of hatred that dividing this country. (You were being sarcastic weren't you?)
Only total victory will win the peace....

Israel has had several total military victories but no peace.

If what you are saying is that peace with the Palestinians is simply not possible for the foreseeable future, then I agree, so why do so many people keep talking about it?

If what you are saying is that peace with the Palestinians is simply not possible for the foreseeable future, then I agree, so why do so many people keep talking about it?

People always have hope.

I think both sides think they will 'win' in the long run so neither side really wants to sacrifice for peace. Until they do the stalemate will continue.

The US could put pressure on Israel but we won't. If the US stationed 5,000 troops on the border their security would be insured and they could accept a peace deal knowing they will never again be invaded.

Since you believe the US should put pressure on Israel please tell us why Olmert’s Peace Plan was rejected

I don't think that would be a good idea. Many people believe that Zionist Jews control America as it is. I would not want one American soldier dying for Israel.

Silly stuff. Israel has won and there is no stalemate. Israel has insured its own security and it is safer to live in Israel, including the settlements in Judea and Samaria than it is to live in many large US cities.

Since you believe the US should put pressure on Israel please tell us why Olmert’s Peace Plan was rejected
Good question, I don't know the answer. Did Israel and/or the US get the Arab nations on board or was it done like Jared's offer, take it or leave it? If the Arab nations put pressure on the Palestinians while the US put pressure on Israel, something might have been done. A lost opportunity it appears.

Of course Israel has peace, peace that it has secured for itself.

I don't think that would be a good idea. Many people believe that Zionist Jews control America as it is. I would not want one American soldier dying for Israel.
We have soldiers dying for the Afghanis and Iraqis, I'd think putting our soldiers into Israel would be directly on our interest and if the Arab nations agreed to it, problem solved.

Silly stuff. Israel has won and there is no stalemate. Israel has insured its own security and it is safer to live in Israel, including the settlements in Judea and Samaria than it is to live in many large US cities.
Israel still has enemies both inside and outside its borders. Life would be better for all involved if there was long term peace agreement.

The US and USSR never went to war but there was no peace.

The entire Arab world is too busy shitting in their pants to attack Israel.
Israel has nothing to worry about in the technology age.

The US and USSR never went to war but there was no peace.
They used Israel and the Arabs to test their technology.

Forum List

Back