What we should know vs what we do know

Deforestation in the third world is an unintended consequence of environmentalists active campaign to deny them a modern power grid such as they enjoy themselves.

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo ...

Yeah, that's right. Those environmentalists are in Brazil fighting the power grid. Really they are. At least that's what SSDD's voices told him.

Oh, the government has a thousand things to do besides conservation, so of course a dollar doesn't go as far. Non-tards understand logic as basic as that.

That occurs mostly in third world countries that don't have advanced industrial economies, so it appears the cure is more capitalism.

It happens everywhere. There's no money in preserving forests or animals. Governments are the only thing that can offer them protection.

Wrong. If forests are private property, then there is money in preserving them and their animals. In Texas they have game ranches where hunters pay big bucks to hunt exotic African game. The owners breed these animals for a profit. Over hunting always occurs on government property.

Capitalism? It's ensured that the cows, chickens, roses, and Christmas trees will be around forever. As for the less use-able of Earth's inhabitants? Hardly :cool:

They are only "less usable" because that aren't privately owned.

[MENTION=21991]bripat[/MENTION]

Forests also make great property for farmland, logging, construction, roads, etc. There aren't enough millionaires buying up 50 acre plots of land to stop deforestation. And guess what, humans have been devouring forestland at increasing rates for centuries. Capitalism hasn't helped with that in the slightest.

As for "less usable" things... yea I suppose if somebody bought a bunch of Loggerhead Turtles and started breeding them like crazy their population would go up. But there is ZERO incentive for anyone to do that! So the free market is no help to them.

I'm not against capitalism AT ALL, but I'm well aware that it has to be impeded sometimes to protect certain things.

It happens everywhere. There's no money in preserving forests or animals. Governments are the only thing that can offer them protection.

Wrong. If forests are private property, then there is money in preserving them and their animals. In Texas they have game ranches where hunters pay big bucks to hunt exotic African game. The owners breed these animals for a profit. Over hunting always occurs on government property.

Capitalism? It's ensured that the cows, chickens, roses, and Christmas trees will be around forever. As for the less use-able of Earth's inhabitants? Hardly :cool:

Forests also make great property for farmland, logging, construction, roads, etc. There aren't enough millionaires buying up 50 acre plots of land to stop deforestation. And guess what, humans have been devouring forestland at increasing rates for centuries. Capitalism hasn't helped with that in the slightest.

As for "less usable" things... yea I suppose if somebody bought a bunch of Loggerhead Turtles and started breeding them like crazy their population would go up. But there is ZERO incentive for anyone to do that! So the free market is no help to them.

I'm not against capitalism AT ALL, but I'm well aware that it has to be impeded sometimes to protect certain things.

Wasn't aware that LoggerHead turtles had govts and zip codes.. But OK.. They have MORE value alive and as eco-tourist material.. THere's always enough folks who worship LoggerHead turtles to mount a protection drive. It's a matter of HOW BADLY folks want that.

I know how popular it is on Fla East coast for volunteers to protect the nesting areas. Govt took that OVER THE EDGE and the effort got blowback once the Govt got involved.

Wasn't aware that LoggerHead turtles had govts and zip codes.. But OK.. They have MORE value alive and as eco-tourist material.. THere's always enough folks who worship LoggerHead turtles to mount a protection drive. It's a matter of HOW BADLY folks want that.

I know how popular it is on Fla East coast for volunteers to protect the nesting areas. Govt took that OVER THE EDGE and the effort got blowback once the Govt got involved.

I just picked a random animal. I suspect though that if folks wanted them so badly and if ecotourism was so profitable they wouldn't be endangered in the first place.

Forum List

Back