What was that you were saying about MSNBC ratings?

Do you watch The Rachel Maddow Show?

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I would rather swim naked in a pool of double-edged razor blades

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
TARDIS
I'm just wondering where you get your information from. Oh wait. Bet I know.

MSNBC Beats Fox News As Rachel Maddow Has One Of TV's Top Shows Thursday

MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show was the most-watched show in all of cable TV Thursday, with a total audience of nearly 3.2 million viewers. Maddow's ratings were high enough to put the show on the Top 20 list of programs on all of television, landing at #12 behind shows like Big Bang Theory, Grey's Anatomy and Will & Grace.

Maddow, who has been focusing relentlessly on the investigation into possible collusion between Russia and the campaign of Donald Trump, often devoting long segments to methodically reviewing documents and timelines relating to the unfolding investigation that has shaken the White House and threatened Trump's presidency.

Maddow's ratings came on a big night for the network, with three of the top ten shows on all of cable, including The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell(#5) and All In with Chris Hayes (#6). MSNBC, which had record ratings in 2017 and finished second to long-time cable news leader Fox News in the February ratings period, took a decisive overall win Thursday, beating both Fox News and CNN among viewers 25-54, the demographic coveted by advertisers. Fox News remained on top among total viewers.

Now see? That's what happens when you give the people what they REALLY want. Truth, insight, and citations up the wazoo.

Go, Rachel!!

rachel.jpg

Is his TV Show only on Thursdays?

I wouldn't know, I have never seen a single solitary second.

Has he ever been in the top twenty of all TV shows on a given night? Doubtful. I'll wait patiently for you to prove me wrong, though.
i tried watching her once ....she was just to annoying for me....hannity is the same old shit,O'Riley lectured, o'donnel is a jerk....if it wasnt for greg gutfelds show on sat i would not watch any kind of political show at all....

Has he ever been in the top twenty of all TV shows on a given night? Doubtful. I'll wait patiently for you to prove me wrong, though.
i tried watching her once ....she was just to annoying for me....hannity is the same old shit,O'Riley lectured, o'donnel is a jerk....if it wasnt for greg gutfelds show on sat i would not watch any kind of political show at all....

She's my favorite, followed immediately by Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell. Sorry she's not your cup of tea, she certainly works hard to not only get all the information, but make it easy for the average watcher to understand.

She's my favorite, followed immediately by Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell. Sorry she's not your cup of tea, she certainly works hard to not only get all the information, but make it easy for the average watcher to understand.
You really need to open up your mind.

I watch occasionally for the comic-relief. Same with O'Donnell.

They truly live in a separate reality.

??? Where is the obvious simple answer option of "no?"

I don't watch Maddow, but if the choice were to do so or swim naked in a pool of double-edged razor blades, I "sho nuff" would be watchin' Rachel.

I don't know how people can watch these types of shows with any regularity. Don't people wonder what information is being ignored, avoided, distorted? People can't actually think they're getting the whole story - do they?

Partisans do not care about the " whole " story and prefer political spin that fit their version of reality...

I would swim in the razor blade pool and afterwards shower in lemonade before watching Hannity, Maddow or Cooper!

I don't know how people can watch these types of shows with any regularity. Don't people wonder what information is being ignored, avoided, distorted? People can't actually think they're getting the whole story - do they?
Partisans do not care about the " whole " story and prefer political spin that fit their version of reality...
I guess that's a good point.

They're not looking for the whole story in the first place.

I don't get it.

??? Where is the obvious simple answer option of "no?"

I don't watch Maddow, but if the choice were to do so or swim naked in a pool of double-edged razor blades, I "sho nuff" would be watchin' Rachel.

Thank you. That bark of laughter I just issued woke me up.

...she certainly works hard to not only get all the information, but make it easy for the average watcher to understand.
When you say "all the information", are you saying that she provides the whole story, presenting the "other side" as well and completely as the other side would, and lays it all out for the viewer to decide?

What other side would there be to facts? She's presenting facts. If she reaches a conclusion, she states that this is her opinion and there aren't enough facts to sustain her belief.

I don't get it.

I actually do...

In today socoety most humans want to listen to those that they agree with and ignore those that they disagree with.

Most people can not be bother to hear the opposition opinion and believe that if you do not agree with them 110% then they will mock and ignore you.

I prefer reading the opposition opinion because at times the opposition has a point and at least I know what they are thinking but I truly hate political spin doctors that earn their money as shock jock commentators...

Oh, I usually read Al-Jazeera even if they are anti-Israel and I am Pro...

...she certainly works hard to not only get all the information, but make it easy for the average watcher to understand.
When you say "all the information", are you saying that she provides the whole story, presenting the "other side" as well and completely as the other side would, and lays it all out for the viewer to decide?

What other side would there be to facts? She's presenting facts. If she reaches a conclusion, she states that this is her opinion and there aren't enough facts to sustain her belief.
So you're saying she's providing all the facts? Really?

Don't you think a partisan pundit has a bias towards presenting "facts" in such a way as to support/advance their ideology?

Such as? She has a board that takes up the whole screen of people who are no longer with the Trump administration. What would the ignored/avoided/distorted be? Are they still there?

I follow the news. I listen to the educated and the wise. Insert your hearty laugh here - but this is one of the guys I pay careful attention to.

Laurence H. Tribe | Harvard Law School

Laurence H. Tribe, the Carl M. Loeb University Professor and Professor of Constitutional Law at Harvard, has taught at its Law School since 1968 and was voted the best professor by the graduating class of 2000. The title “University Professor” is Harvard’s highest academic honor, awarded to just a handful of professors at any given time and to just 68 professors in all of Harvard University’s history. Born in China to Russian Jewish parents, Tribe entered Harvard in 1958 at 16; graduated summa cum laude in Mathematics (1962) and magna cum laude in Law (1966); clerked for the California and U.S. Supreme Courts(1966-68); received tenure at 30; was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences at 38 and to the American Philosophical Society in 2010; helped write the constitutions of South Africa, the Czech Republic, and the Marshall Islands; has received eleven honorary degrees, most recently a degree honoris causa from the Government of Mexico in March 2011 that was never before awarded to an American and an honorary D. Litt. From Columbia University; has prevailed in three-fifths of the many appellate cases he has argued (including 35 in the U.S. Supreme Court); was appointed in 2010 by President Obama and Attorney General Holder to serve as the first Senior Counselor for Access to Justice; and has written 115 books and articles, including his treatise, American Constitutional Law, cited more than any other legal text since 1950. Former Solicitor General Erwin Griswold wrote: “[N]o book, and no lawyer not on the [Supreme] Court, has ever had a greater influence on the development of American constitutional law,” and the Northwestern Law Review opined that no-one else “in American history has… simultaneously achieved Tribe’s preeminence… as a practitioner and… scholar of constitutional law.”

So no, I don't just watch the evening talking heads and that's all I do. I'm here with you lot. And of course, I would love it if there were conservatives who are currently worth listening to - okay, I like Shep Smith as well. Very much. He's intelligent, insightful, knows to stick with the facts and not reach conclusions or extrapolate without the facts to back him.

I don't get it.

I actually do...

In today socoety most humans want to listen to those that they agree with and ignore those that they disagree with.

Most people can not be bother to hear the opposition opinion and believe that if you do not agree with them 110% then they will mock and ignore you.

I prefer reading the opposition opinion because at times the opposition has a point and at least I know what they are thinking but I truly hate political spin doctors that earn their money as shock jock commentators...

Oh, I usually read Al-Jazeera even if they are anti-Israel and I am Pro...
Yeah. I only see this continuing. Each of the two primary tribes exists largely within its own vacuum, and it's only getting worse.

The rest of us can only try to find pieces and put them together the best we can.

Such as? She has a board that takes up the whole screen of people who are no longer with the Trump administration. What would the ignored/avoided/distorted be? Are they still there?

I follow the news. I listen to the educated and the wise. Insert your hearty laugh here - but this is one of the guys I pay careful attention to.

Laurence H. Tribe | Harvard Law School

Laurence H. Tribe, the Carl M. Loeb University Professor and Professor of Constitutional Law at Harvard, has taught at its Law School since 1968 and was voted the best professor by the graduating class of 2000. The title “University Professor” is Harvard’s highest academic honor, awarded to just a handful of professors at any given time and to just 68 professors in all of Harvard University’s history. Born in China to Russian Jewish parents, Tribe entered Harvard in 1958 at 16; graduated summa cum laude in Mathematics (1962) and magna cum laude in Law (1966); clerked for the California and U.S. Supreme Courts(1966-68); received tenure at 30; was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences at 38 and to the American Philosophical Society in 2010; helped write the constitutions of South Africa, the Czech Republic, and the Marshall Islands; has received eleven honorary degrees, most recently a degree honoris causa from the Government of Mexico in March 2011 that was never before awarded to an American and an honorary D. Litt. From Columbia University; has prevailed in three-fifths of the many appellate cases he has argued (including 35 in the U.S. Supreme Court); was appointed in 2010 by President Obama and Attorney General Holder to serve as the first Senior Counselor for Access to Justice; and has written 115 books and articles, including his treatise, American Constitutional Law, cited more than any other legal text since 1950. Former Solicitor General Erwin Griswold wrote: “[N]o book, and no lawyer not on the [Supreme] Court, has ever had a greater influence on the development of American constitutional law,” and the Northwestern Law Review opined that no-one else “in American history has… simultaneously achieved Tribe’s preeminence… as a practitioner and… scholar of constitutional law.”

So no, I don't just watch the evening talking heads and that's all I do. I'm here with you lot. And of course, I would love it if there were conservatives who are currently worth listening to - okay, I like Shep Smith as well. Very much. He's intelligent, insightful, knows to stick with the facts and not reach conclusions or extrapolate without the facts to back him.
Okay, I believe you. Just asking.

Forum List

Back