What type of conservative voter are you?

Pick all that apply

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sort of a specious poll, since libertarians are not conservative.

They operate based on certain very simple but very precise principles.

Conservatives do not.

Two different animals altogether.

I haven't voted republican ever as a libertarian. Or more specifically a classical liberal.

You forgot Constitutional Conservative.

JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO: I was as surprised as Juan and Byron were and you and people watching, but I agree with Juan and Byron and Erick Erickson. Jim DeMint is a classic, traditional, Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan conservative Republican, none of this George Bush compassionate conservative mealy-mouth stuff. He really believes that the states have a role in government, that the individual is greater than the state, that the government should shrink.
:clap2:

Napolitano: DeMint Will Be Able To Bring Libertarians Back In The GOP | RealClearPolitics

The big news in conservative circles today is that Jim DeMint will be leaving the Senate to run the Heritage Foundation, built from scratch by its innovative founder, Ed Feulner, into a colossus that redefined the way public-policy ideas could be integrated into the ongoing political process on Capitol Hill. Before Heritage was created in 1974, ---------

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/12/06/demint-takes-over-the-heritage-foundation/

And to Senator Jim DeMint, I dedicate this song and a salute for a very big step, in the "real right" direction:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JVhbusBDi4]Little Peggy March - I will follow him (best version) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
You forgot Constitutional Conservative.

JUDGE ANDREW NAPOLITANO: I was as surprised as Juan and Byron were and you and people watching, but I agree with Juan and Byron and Erick Erickson. Jim DeMint is a classic, traditional, Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan conservative Republican, none of this George Bush compassionate conservative mealy-mouth stuff. He really believes that the states have a role in government, that the individual is greater than the state, that the government should shrink.
:clap2:

Napolitano: DeMint Will Be Able To Bring Libertarians Back In The GOP | RealClearPolitics

And to Jim Demint, I dedicate this song and a salute for a very big step, in the "real right" direction:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JVhbusBDi4]Little Peggy March - I will follow him (best version) - YouTube[/ame]

Wow. That is utter bullshit.

Demint is a extreme, ultra social conservative who libertarians wouldn't piss on if he were on fire.

A. Over the top supporter of the War on Drugs.
B. Supports a flag burning amendment.
C. Supports a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.
D. Wants to ban all gay school teachers.
E. Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps

And there's plenty more where that came from.

He's one of the people Barry Goldwater warned us about, fer chrissakes. Goldwater would have spit at him.

True, but ive found libertarians tend to vote republican more than dem.
"Conservative" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) isn't libertarian...That's why we have two words to describe them.

As such, no republican has earned my vote again since they stiffed me, for the very last time, in 1994.....Though that streak may have been broken to vote for Scott Walker, I wasn't around when the recall election was held.

Let's retire the word 'conservative,' since it means nothing

"Conservative" does seem to be a far broader brush than "liberal".
Especially when the so-called "conservatives" are the ones doing the painting.

Forgotten so soon how Etch-A-Sketch proclaimed himself as a "severe conservative"?...Yeah, I LULZ-ed too. :lol:

:lmao:

That, was awesome. Seriously. The 1st time I heard that clip, I lol'd.

I'm assuming everyone is registered as a republican? I was registered independent the 1st time I voted, and this last election I registered republican, I was annoyed you can't put independent on absentee ballots.

Oh, hayull to the no.

Independent, and likely for good.

Until they kick out the social conservatives and fundamentalist/evangelicals, the republicans are dead to me.

Sort of a specious poll, since libertarians are not conservative.

They operate based on certain very simple but very precise principles.

Conservatives do not.

Two different animals altogether.

Many of us are. My social views are conservative, I just differ with conservatives in that I don't see them as federal issues.

And fiscally, most conservatives WISH they were on my level.

Forum List

Back