What to do about Doxxers?

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
I've got some schmuck on another forum who found my FB, then went onto to find just about everything else. Then he posted it all on this other forum I post on. Real name, actual photo's, address, phone number. Some 20yr old criminal offense.
The site is unmoderated.

But isn't doxing still against the law? Can I sue the sight and maybe the one doing the doxing for all this? What are my legal options?

It's not really a big deal to be doxxed usually. Plenty of people know your name, where you live and what you look like. Hell the pizza guy knows more than that.

I've got some schmuck on another forum who found my FB, then went onto to find just about everything else. Then he posted it all on this other forum I post on. Real name, actual photo's, address, phone number. Some 20yr old criminal offense.
The site is unmoderated.

But isn't doxing still against the law? Can I sue the sight and maybe the one doing the doxing for all this? What are my legal options?

The United States Constitution does not contain any explicit right to privacy.

You can probably find a hacker that will dox the coward for a few bucks. Post his shit everywhere and then craft and execute a plan that will insure that it will never fuck with you again.... forever. Be creative.

I was not going to doxx (though I could have, but I have more character than that) but I was considering exposing the names and details of a number of plain clothed TPS/Peel Region/ Durham Region Creepy Ones. Decided not to, but sent the details (and there were great details) to various allied police agencies in ths U.S, Europe and Japn/s Korea. Doxxing is low brow, Whistleblowing takes principles. I am even man enough to make the agencies aware and give them the option of taking accountabi!ity before I did so. Torontos innovation has since dropped from 9th globally to 41st. I did my small part I suppose.

Last edited:
The site is unmoderated.

But isn't doxing still against the law? Can I sue the sight and maybe the one doing the doxing for all this? What are my legal options?tant not to keep personal details in F.B. He sounds like

The site is unmoderated.

F.B and social media in general is a poxx on society. People like to get kicks out of such decisions.

You can probably find a hacker that will dox the coward for a few bucks. Post his shit everywhere and then craft and execute a plan that will insure that it will never fuck with you again.... forever. Be creative.

I'm scared of hackers. They may hack my computer.

I'm scared of hackers. They may hack my computer.
That's well-founded reluctance. Maybe you can use a library computer or, in my case, I use a reliable VPN.... be careful you still need to know what you're doing with a VPN to completely mask your IP address. Good luck.

That's well-founded reluctance. Maybe you can use a library computer or, in my case, I use a reliable VPN.... be careful you still need to know what you're doing with a VPN to completely mask your IP address. Good luck.

I'm almost computer illiterate.

Forum List

Back