What they're saying: Congress denounces Trump's inaction on Saudi Arabia

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'Republican and Democratic members of Congress are denouncing President Trump's Tuesday statement saying the U.S. will stand by Saudi Arabia, despite the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi and the CIA's reported conclusion that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) ordered the assassination.

The bottom line ... Even Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), one of Trump's most reliable Senate supporters, rebuked his response, comparing him to former President Obama: "One thing I learned during the Obama years is that when you look the other way regarding problems in the Middle East, it seldom works out. ... Likewise, it is not in our national security interests to look the other way when it comes to the brutal murder of Mr. Jamal #Khashoggi ... I fully realize we have to deal with bad actors and imperfect situations on the international stage. However, when we lose our moral voice, we lose our strongest asset."

What they're saying:
Republicans:

• Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.): "I never thought I’d see the day a White House would moonlight as a public relations firm for the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia."
  • Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.): "'Great allies' don’t plot the murder of journalists, Mr. President. 'Great allies' don’t lure their own citizens into a trap, then kill them."
  • Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.): "Our foreign policy must be about promoting our national interests. It is in our natl interest to defend human rights. HR violations lead to mass migration, help extremism flourish & often result in new governments hostile towards the U.S. because we supported their oppressors."
  • Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.): "This is an utterly absurd, irresponsible, and repugnant statement from @POTUS. No amount of money justifies the betrayal of our principles and values as Americans."
Democrats:

• Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.): "I’m shocked that President Trump said there will be no punishment for Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the killing of Jamal Khashoggi. ... I plan to vote against any future arms sales and appropriation to Saudi Arabia. I also believe that the United States should consider sanctions against the crown prince and that the Saudi ambassador to the United States should not be allowed to continue in that role."
  • Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.): "It’s hard to imagine that the Saudis would have taken this action under a Reagan, Bush, Clinton or Obama Administration without facing serious repercussions.
  • Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.): "To say 'maybe he did and maybe he didn’t,' or that we are incapable of finding out the truth, or that knowing the truth our silence can be bought with arms sales, undermines the Presidency, credibility of our intelligence professionals, and our role as a champion of human rights."
Others:

• Former CIA Director John Brennan: “Since Mr. Trump excels in dishonesty, it is now up to members of Congress to obtain & declassify the CIA findings on Jamal Khashoggi’s death. No one in Saudi Arabia — most especially the Crown Prince — should escape accountability for such a heinous act.”'

Even Trump's lover in the Senate - Lindsey Graham - ain't too thrilled with President Manchild on this.

That idiot was killed in SA. One death cult member killed by another death cult member. Happens all the damned time. He wasn't killed in the US. Nothing anyone says or does will bring him back to life.

Light a fucking candle and move the fuck on.

'Republican and Democratic members of Congress are denouncing President Trump's Tuesday statement saying the U.S. will stand by Saudi Arabia, despite the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi and the CIA's reported conclusion that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) ordered the assassination.

The bottom line ... Even Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), one of Trump's most reliable Senate supporters, rebuked his response, comparing him to former President Obama: "One thing I learned during the Obama years is that when you look the other way regarding problems in the Middle East, it seldom works out. ... Likewise, it is not in our national security interests to look the other way when it comes to the brutal murder of Mr. Jamal #Khashoggi ... I fully realize we have to deal with bad actors and imperfect situations on the international stage. However, when we lose our moral voice, we lose our strongest asset."

What they're saying:
Republicans:

• Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.): "I never thought I’d see the day a White House would moonlight as a public relations firm for the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia."
  • Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.): "'Great allies' don’t plot the murder of journalists, Mr. President. 'Great allies' don’t lure their own citizens into a trap, then kill them."
  • Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.): "Our foreign policy must be about promoting our national interests. It is in our natl interest to defend human rights. HR violations lead to mass migration, help extremism flourish & often result in new governments hostile towards the U.S. because we supported their oppressors."
  • Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.): "This is an utterly absurd, irresponsible, and repugnant statement from @POTUS. No amount of money justifies the betrayal of our principles and values as Americans."
Democrats:

• Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.): "I’m shocked that President Trump said there will be no punishment for Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the killing of Jamal Khashoggi. ... I plan to vote against any future arms sales and appropriation to Saudi Arabia. I also believe that the United States should consider sanctions against the crown prince and that the Saudi ambassador to the United States should not be allowed to continue in that role."
  • Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.): "It’s hard to imagine that the Saudis would have taken this action under a Reagan, Bush, Clinton or Obama Administration without facing serious repercussions.
  • Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.): "To say 'maybe he did and maybe he didn’t,' or that we are incapable of finding out the truth, or that knowing the truth our silence can be bought with arms sales, undermines the Presidency, credibility of our intelligence professionals, and our role as a champion of human rights."
Others:

• Former CIA Director John Brennan: “Since Mr. Trump excels in dishonesty, it is now up to members of Congress to obtain & declassify the CIA findings on Jamal Khashoggi’s death. No one in Saudi Arabia — most especially the Crown Prince — should escape accountability for such a heinous act.”'

Even Trump's lover in the Senate - Lindsey Graham - ain't too thrilled with President Manchild on this.

If President Trump had condemned Saudi Arabia the Democrats would be calling him a dangerous undiplomatic bully.
So there is no pleasing them.

I am not delighted with the murder of Khashoggi. I do not
know why ANYONE wanted him dead. I do know that there
are lots of murders in the world about which I do not know the
details

That idiot was killed in SA. One death cult member killed by another death cult member. Happens all the damned time. He wasn't killed in the US. Nothing anyone says or does will bring him back to life.

Thank you for exposing your ignorance.

Khashoggi was not, "killed in SA."

Khashoggi was murdered in Istanbul, Turkey.

Besides you getting that completely wrong, you are also too ignorant to understand, or comprehend the importance of such an assassination; after all, this was an assassination.

You Trump supporters continually expose yourselves to be very black & white thinking, brain dead creatures.

Yes; I know. Money is the GOD of the Trumpians. Morals do not matter.

Besides you getting that completely wrong, you are also too ignorant to understand, or comprehend the importance of such an assassination; after all, this was an assassination.

You Trump supporters continually expose yourselves to be very black & white thinking, brain dead creatures.

Yeah he was. That consulate is considered SA soil.

The guy wasn't killed in the US numb nuts and people don't give a shit.

Light a candle and move on the next lefty loon outrage.

When I see thread after thread at this forum, started by people like the OP of this one....I can't help but wonder where all the intelligent people have gone.
It's also painfully evident these lost souls have absolutely no life. So sad.

Just angry, bitter, hateful people.

When I see thread after thread at this forum, started by people like the OP of this one....I can't help but wonder where all the intelligent people have gone.

Yeah and I'm wondering what they expect the President to do about a murder that didn't happen in the US??

And I agree. They have no life. Just waiting for the next outrage they can post on.

What they're saying:
Republicans:

Democrats:

Others:

If President Trump had condemned Saudi Arabia the Democrats would be calling him a dangerous undiplomatic bully.
So there is no pleasing them.
Thank you....

They are pathetic losers. Remember the same ones that crushed the first bush for not doing anything about saddams ties to terrorism.

Remember?

The same ones that cheered clinton when he signed the Iraq Liberation Act for wmds....

Remember?

The same ones who then attacked bush for enforcing the Iraq Liberation Act for wmds signed by clinton cause they claimed saddam had no ties to terrorism.

The same ones crushing Trump for doing business with Saudi Arabia, are the same ones that praised obama for giving BILLIONS to iran.

They are not worth debating or even acknowledging in any way. They are all liars and they stand for nothing.

It is quite telling BUT NOT surprising to see all of the Trumpians within this thread that HATE the concept of human rights.

Shame on you shameless, amoral, jackasses.

You are OK with targeted murder aka assassination.

Pathetic.

Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, others slam Trump on Saudi Arabia: This is 'not America first'

Trump slammed by top Republicans for statement backing Saudi Arabia - CNNPolitics

The next time some American gets whacked on a baseball field I don't wanna hear a goddamn thing from you people.

Last edited:
But the Democrats love the Saudis
Trump-Obama-bow.jpg

A) Well one intelligent person is right here.

IQ of 124-126 (as tested by various schools and the government).

IQ Percentile and Rarity Chart

I am nowhere near brilliant. But my IQ does put me as 'smarter' than 95% of the population.

Oh, and I was skipped in Grade 6 because the work was too easy for me.

I realize I cannot prove any of this. But you cannot prove I am not intelligent. So you saying - matter-of-factly - that I (and others) are is even more baseless.

B) So posting links to news articles about what prominent Members of Congress think about something the POTUS said must be the work of someone whom is angry, bitter, hateful?

Okaaaaaaay.

I guess if I actually gave a negative opinion about Trump, I should be locked up (according to you).
I sincerely hope you do not propagate with an attitude like that.

We are done here.

Have a wonderful day.

------------------------------------------------- i think that you put 'Caddo' in his place with your accurate information Claudette . [chuckle]

What "Rocket Man" is constantly saying is.......

I hate America!
I hate Republicans!
I hate Conservatives!
I hate the Republic!
I hate Trump!
I hate myself!

I hate!
I hate!
I hate!
I hate!

get's old huh?

What they're saying:
Republicans:

Democrats:

Others:

The Democrats state run propaganda arm (the press) is just piling on with this nonsense.
The Washington Post is pure Yellow Journalism.
The owner of the WaPo is the owner of Amazon, based in Seattle, and about as liberally biased as you can get.
You just have to consider the source in every story, and this one is total hogwash.

Last edited:
It is quite telling BUT NOT surprising to see all of the Trumpians within this thread that HATE the concept of human rights.

Shame on you shameless, amoral, jackasses.

You are OK with targeted murder aka assassination.

Pathetic.

Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, others slam Trump on Saudi Arabia: This is 'not America first'

Trump slammed by top Republicans for statement backing Saudi Arabia - CNNPolitics

The next time some American gets whacked on a baseball field I don't wanna hear a goddamn thing from you people.
--------------------------------- feck 'human rights' which are really nothing more than FAVORS which are pushed by liberal 'ngo' , the 'un' and other 'international' despotic bodies . I'll rely on the USA Bill of RIGHTS Caddo .

What "Rocket Man" is constantly saying is.......

I hate America!
I hate Republicans!
I hate Conservatives!
I hate the Republic!
I hate Trump!
I hate myself!

I hate!
I hate!
I hate!
I hate!

get's old huh?

wow, look; Kim un is here now!!!

the only reason that the Scalise attempted azzazination is brought up is because it was YOU guys that did it Caddo . [fecking democrats]

------------------------------------------------- i think that you put 'Caddo' in his place with your accurate information Claudette . [chuckle]

that TINY consulate in Istanbul is surrounded by what nation?

Yes; we all know that you Trumpians don't care if folks get assassinated.

That is because you Trumpians have no morality.

Come whining to us the next time some idiot shoots up a Republican baseball game & tell us how you really feel.

Forum List

Back