What The Leakers and NYTimes Have Accomplished: Insularity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    They are putting both military and civilians at risk, so the natural outcome:

http://www.examiner.com/a-158586~White_House_becoming_more_secretive_after_leaks.html

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    The admin had no problem with leaks used to try to hurt someone who came out against it's policies and who told that the yellowcake story was a lie.

The admin also had no problem with using Judy Miller, at that same NY Times, to leak self-serving information prior to our entry into Iraq.

A bit hypocritical to complain when it doesn't like the info that's released, I think.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Speaking of hypocritical on both stories, widely discussed. :rolleyes:

4. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Already the most secretive administration in US history, except when it serves their political agenda to leak information, it is hard to concieve of the insular little group of Mayberry Machiavellis than make up the Bush Administration, becoming more secretive.

If it is anyone, it is the Bush Administration, needlessly putting people in harm's way to achieve their ends.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Not enough, not when the kind of stories coming out, come out.

Latest: NY Times discloses pullout timetables. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

6. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    I thought Dubbyuh said there weren't going to be any timetables for the withdrawl of troops. So, if there aren't going to be any timetables, how could the NY Times disclose them?

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I believe that was 'published timetables...' C'mon Bully, don't play semantics.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Do you think your idiotic little "gotchas" are enough content to help your party win the next election?

9. bush lover

bush lover Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I trust our government, led by our President, to decide what we have to do to keep safe from the terrorists. If our President decides our government needs to listen to our phone calls, read our emails, see what diseases we have in our medical records, or to follow our financial transactions, I trust his judgment. He will protect us from the terrorists and defend our freedoms, which the terrorists hate. They hate our freedom. I personally have nothing to hide. I trust our government to decide if I have said anything wrong or read anything bad on the Internets that could help the terrorists bomb us. I have not knowingly said anything bad or read anything or written anything bad (although I do confess to reading the liberal MSM a little) nor had a terrorist telephone call or bank deposit. Our government is totally trustworthy, as long as our President leads us. If the Democraps get in charge, then all bets are off. They hate America.

10. Emmett

Emmett Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Is all this over this recent story by the NY times that government has been looking into our bank accounts. Dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on people, wake up, they have already been looking into your bank accounts long before now. If you have not been sponsoring terrorism, running a drug business or depositing 8 times your W-2 reported income you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, well, you do. What's the problem?

Well the problem is this! Something else to bitch about. You need to go back and check IRS activity during the Clinton Admin to find the most active encroachment on our privacy concerning banking in US history. There were more audits ordered from 1995 through 2000 than any 5 year period in history. The Dems argument: Yeah but that was for tax evaders. WRONG!!!!!That was because folks didn't play ball.

Look, what the hell is wrong with monitoring bank activity? PLENTY!!!!!! First of all it is none of your damn business how much money I have. Nor is it your business how much of it I am smart enough to know how to keep. When this country smartens up and endorses John Linders Fair Tax plan THEN you will have a reason to bitch when government TAPS your bank account. Right now they are doing it to find terrorists and honest folks have absolutely nothing to worry about.

When we get rid of this STUPID tax system THEN there will be no reason to spy on your bank account.

You know it's funny, dems never say anything about the way folks who earn a little money get treated when the government is holding them upside down shaking their coins out because they know they can spin that into their benefit when it comes voting time. Since most dems don't have more than a paycheck in the bank what the hell should they care if the gov knows it or not. One might inclined to think that some folks who are bitching have something to hide.

Before you slay me lefties, I have two bank accounts. 1 personal, 1 business. Neither is worth looking at. The gov won't be very impressed when they see them.