What the hell happened on that plane?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
It wasn't a passenger, the freaking pilot went crazy aboard a Jet Blue flight from NY to Vegas and had to be restrained by passengers. Lucky I guess that the flight was loaded with civilian security people who were able to deal with the bizarre situation. The media says "the pilot was suspended for causing a disturbance". A disturbance? That's an understatement, he had to be locked out of the cockpit or he might have crashed the plane. I flew on Jet Blue and it was a good flight but something ain't right about this story and for some reason the mainstream media is downplaying the incident.

It is kinda weird. I'd hardly call a pilot completely losing your grip on reality in mid flight a disturbance either. Congrats to the co-pilot for taking control of the situation and for the off duty pilot for taking over. Passengers did a great job restraining the pilot. Hope the pilot gets the help he needs but I also hope his commercial flying days are over. Put him behind a desk or at the counter but please don't let him fly again for the company.

If a bus driver crashed his bus we would immediately have the results of a drug/alcohol test. We get nothing when a freaking pilot goes nuts in mid air. Something ain't right about this incident.

It is kinda weird. I'd hardly call a pilot completely losing your grip on reality in mid flight a disturbance either. Congrats to the co-pilot for taking control of the situation and for the off duty pilot for taking over. Passengers did a great job restraining the pilot. Hope the pilot gets the help he needs but I also hope his commercial flying days are over. Put him behind a desk or at the counter but please don't let him fly again for the company.

He would probably be an excellent "air traffic contoller".....just joking and probably not a good joke at that.

The pilot that brought down the jet in the Hudson River after a collision with a flock of geese was a national hero for weeks and rightfully so. Nobody in the media seems interested in the co-pilot's story when he saved the plane after the pilot went stark raving crazy. What's going on?

The pilot that brought down the jet in the Hudson River after a collision with a flock of geese was a national hero for weeks and rightfully so. Nobody in the media seems interested in the co-pilot's story when he saved the plane after the pilot went stark raving crazy. What's going on?

Sure they did.

People stopped listening to Chesley Sullenberger after he started talking about how bad working conditions became in the airlines.

Sullenberger testified before the U.S. House of Representatives's Subcommittee on Aviation of the Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure on February 24, 2009, that his salary had been cut by 40 percent, and that his pension, like most airline pensions, was terminated and replaced by a "PBGC" guarantee worth only pennies on the dollar.[52] Sullenberger also mentioned his pay cut in an October 13, 2009 appearance on The Daily Show.

Sullenberger retired from US Airways and its predecessor airline after 30 years with them on March 3, 2010. He indicated, however, that his advocacy for aviation safety and the piloting profession would continue.[4]
Chesley Sullenberger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jet Blue has had employee incidents before...

Maybe it might not be the employees..

Sure they did.

People stopped listening to Chesley Sullenberger after he started talking about how bad working conditions became in the airlines.

Sullenberger testified before the U.S. House of Representatives's Subcommittee on Aviation of the Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure on February 24, 2009, that his salary had been cut by 40 percent, and that his pension, like most airline pensions, was terminated and replaced by a "PBGC" guarantee worth only pennies on the dollar.[52] Sullenberger also mentioned his pay cut in an October 13, 2009 appearance on The Daily Show.

Sullenberger retired from US Airways and its predecessor airline after 30 years with them on March 3, 2010. He indicated, however, that his advocacy for aviation safety and the piloting profession would continue.[4]
Chesley Sullenberger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jet Blue has had employee incidents before...

Maybe it might not be the employees..

I don't get the connection. Interesting name Sullen-berger but he wasn't the pilot and apparently he hasn't gone crazy. Every corporation has had "incidents". Is it alleged that other pilots have gone crazy? Maybe the airlines should give the crew a piss test before they take a plane up.

There were five small bottles of scotch missing from the manifest !

Last edited:

Forum List

Back